Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That’s not what i said. I said there’s no threat of physical violence for domestic change of policy.

In foreign policy, there’s a threat to your military, foreign population, and business when you just pull a 180.

International shipping lines attacked by pirates cause you topple a foreign government. That’s not happening off the coast of California by Republicans.

Where’s these safe hands to hand things off to?

Afghanistan was/is a bunch of regional warlords handling the their own territory.

A fully functional overarching government was what we were supposed to have spend billions making.

So why are we acting incredulous that a bunch of warlords took over our shambling government infrastructure?

Who said this? A fully free Afghanistan is the best case scenario. Anything else is a failure.

Did we go over there to build an American colony?

Did we just want a base further in the ME?

Cause none of that is what people were sold on.
these leaps :dead: best case scenario regarding a safe and efficient timely withdrawal

do you do that shyt in real life too? forget all context and just reel off extremes :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're a vet and you seem to be struggling to view them from any different perspective.

Reversing course on the withdrawal and committing to a troop surge in Afghanistan while not passing infrastructure, increasing min wage, nor forgiving student loan debt would have Biden DOA.

It's unfortunate 13 troops lost their lives, but it really isn't more important than fixing stuff back home just to appease the war crowd.
where do i say reverse on a withdrawal. stop doing that lol. afghanistan is not a yes or no question. who the hell said surge :dead: guys were already there and their evac went smooth as fukk :mjlol: clearly there were different memos going around.

and bruh - the soldiers leaving before everyone else is the red flag i've been telling people about since last year. you shouldn't have to be a part of your own rescue attempt or even be allowed to be taking jobs in afghanistan.

you clearly don't care and no one is asking you to either. that's okay too
He asked to leave nicely, they left him no choice :smugbiden:

One of the soldiers parents said Biden failed his son.. that they sent him over there to be a paper pusher and how Biden turned his back on the troops…

I understand that parent is grieving but act like Joe’s own son who served didn’t die due to the effects of war brehs… That parent can’t come at Biden like that and no realize Joe understands exactly what he’s going through :francis:
Joe's son died to a bomb? :dahell:

aite imma head out lmao

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
these leaps :dead: best case scenario regarding a safe and efficient timely withdrawal

do you do that shyt in real life too? forget all context and just reel off extremes :mjlol:

nikka you the one who started with extremes and no context

The idea that this the best scenario and the only other is staying in Afghanistan indefinitely is wild to me. Civilians first, soldiers last is basic. Yal go on ahead tho :hubie:

None was talking about permanent stays as only options except you.

The reality was people lied for 20 years to not do anything but the bare minimum to not draw the ire of the public.

So trying in the last 2 months of a 20 year mission to pull a humanitarian effort of monumental scale was going to be tragic unless everything went right.

They spend five years to sent 6 six people into space on explosive rockets but moving 100,000 people in a war zone is super easy, barely an inconvenience with six months of logistics apparently.:yeshrug: Who knew

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/30/drone-civilians-islamic-state/

KABUL — A U.S. drone strike targeting the Islamic State killed 10 civilians in Kabul, including several small children, family members told The Washington Post on Monday.

The dead were all from a single extended family who were exiting a car in their modest driveway when the strike hit a nearby vehicle, said Abdul Matin Azizi, a neighbor who saw the attack. Azizi, 20, said the explosion occurred as the family returned home Sunday afternoon around 4:30 p.m.

Azizi said he ran next door to help and found a gruesome scene, the air thick with smoke. “The bodies were covered in blood and shrapnel, and some of the dead children were still inside the car,” he said.