Veteran
Supporter
Daps

mj.gif

one day I guess he will be taken seriously

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
This is why everyone from America to Russia has failed in Afghanistan - you don't fight or change culture with conventional war.

Only reason Russia lost was because of US, but US already won the military portion
what kind of "war" prevents one side from shooting and can only engage if they're attacked? One side cannot do preventive strikes at will OR kill on sight surrendering enemies that just slaughtered military and civilians

if so, then "culture" then is the reason to deny their refugees
"culture shock," is used to justify why Biden made the right decision to stop any democracy initiatives in Afgahnistan, then it's bubu we need to bring the Afghan refugees over to America, regardless of the culture shock consequences experienced by EU countries when they did it

Maybe we can fix those problems in our own country first before trying to do it and failing in another country.

And more importantly we didn't go over there to help women. We went over there for war, revenge, and control. This idea that we are being humanitarians over there is false. It's laughable. Anyone who believes that is completely ignorant. The MIC is making money off of gullible ignorant Americans and it's disgusting.
I would think the footage of desperation at airport and handing over babies to random US/UK military members would add perspective, thus tone down, these America purity critiques, but I was wrong

MIC is a problem because it's not trying to solve but sustain problems..wasteful spending and strategically changing goals/tactics to prolong the money grab...just like the other industrial complexes dealing with healthcare/climate/aging/poverty/economy/prison etc
.....often single digit percentage of allocated money goes to addressing the title of legislation, but the citizens' reaction is dependent on which political party has majority/popular narratives/their mood/ which industrial complex

solutions don't have political lean, obstruction does

You're right, "help women" wasn't the goal, but it was a positive/welcoming side effect for those Afghan women... price for burqa dropped, school attendance increased, and greater hope for a less restrictive society

it's blissfully ignorant to claim we weren't being "humanitarian" when
-arresting and not killing those Taliban b*stards
-training Afghan military to defend themselves
-visa agreements, not just money, for those that help USA reach its goal of eliminating terrorist threats and forming a government that will continue goal

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
all y'all saying biden looks weak, etc etc, what y'all saying now?
that this is still fukking stupid

playing eye for an eye with people who would happily throw dozens suicide bombers at you in a day is just..... he and everyone looking in should know that this isn't how you play this game. making a horrendous situation slightly better by being more proactive regarding threats is still no substitute for controlling the area like they did in the first place. and it needs to be noted that the first flights out were done in such haste that its a miracle none of those planes were blown up in the air by a passenger.

i can't think of any recent major coordination effort of this nature propped up by more wishful thinking.

there's no gotcha moments in this. just cascading fukkery

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
that this is still fukking stupid

playing eye for an eye with people who would happily throw dozens suicide bombers at you in a day is just..... he and everyone looking in should know that this isn't how you play this game. making a horrendous situation slightly better by being more proactive regarding threats is still no substitute for controlling the area like they did in the first place. and it needs to be noted that the first flights out were done in such haste that its a miracle none of those planes were blown up in the air by a passenger.

i can't think of any recent major coordination effort of this nature propped up by more wishful thinking.

there's no gotcha moments in this. just cascading fukkery
what should we do then? Not respond?? you also do realize the taliban vastly outnumber these cats and they dont fkin like them either. might as well get our get back before they start executing suspected extremists in the streets :manny:
Afghanistan has been cascading fukkery for almost half a century. not even remotely fair to say Biden screwed up, he had no choice.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
what should we do then? Not respond?? you also do realize the taliban vastly outnumber these cats and they dont fkin like them either. might as well get our get back before they start executing suspected extremists in the streets :manny:
Afghanistan has been cascading fukkery for almost half a century. not even remotely fair to say Biden screwed up, he had no choice.
"what should we do? nothing?" is very, very far from any reasonable response. if you want to minimize danger in an area, then you don't let in resources that facilitate that danger in the first place. the fact of the matter is that any isis combatant showing intent anywhere on the planet is likely to get killed on the spot... but more than anything, waiting until hundreds are killed or maimed to become deliberate in the defense of one of the most vulnerable and high tempo mass evacuations in modern history is indicative of the same reactive mindset that helped shape this mess. they're not gonna be demoralized or dissuaded from retaliatory strikes on guys waiting to blow up anyways. its already a victory lap. its the biggest hit on us forces for them in a minute. the damage is done. anything else is them just running up the score.

and before we further stretch the framing here, i'm specifically talking about the decision to pull out of afghanistan - and i agree with it wholeheartedly for the record - but i've yet to see anyone make a reasonable or even a coherent argument as to why it made any sense at all to reduce our military strength and security presence *before* evacuating non essentials/civilians/etc. that is a screw up. i don't care who was in charge. it could've been jesus. they fukked up.

plus people need to understand that the taliban's active numbers literally change with the seasons at times. there is no card carrying obligation for membership or requirements to entry or recognized uniform/standards. they don't vet, inspect, etc. the highest level guys you see on tv is far from the norm. its really easy to get on twitter and proclaim that taliban v isis beef is eternal without asking the question of how do we know or why do we assume the taliban is ever airtight. with money, a lot of grievances go away. that's how we got the ANA

if you still like biden that's cool. but if you're legitimately asking what others feel - my personal opinion is that its all really, really fukking stupid.

Last edited: