“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
And I think it's weird to address this issue on TV cause they're suspending guys for actions that would require no punishment in kayfabe. Wrestlers fights all the time in backstage segments, Jericho was throwing fireballs at folks not too long ago.
You're basically telling your audience this is a "real" situation while everything else is fake and scripted. Of course everybody knows it is but you still need to maintain the illusion and keep the kayfabe intact on your program.
Excellent point, but AEW has been doing this for a long time. For example, two guys who supposedly hate each other will bleed all over each other in the ring, but then do a post show interview to discuss who planned certain spots or decided the finish of the match.
AEW is Oochie Wally AND One Mic. :francis:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally listened to this. And omg I can see why Punk was so pissed.

This is horrible and then it escalates into a fight in the locker room??

These guys ran their mouths about his personal business that they weren't involved with to try to ruin his reputation online. Tony didn't handle it and he should have and then you have a fight in the locker room. This really sucks for AEW. I have to admit, I'm not a big AEW fan but I don't like this and I hate this for their company.
Evps have no business trying to gang on him in his locker room. This isn't WCW shyt.

You talk to his agent and request a sit down meeting immediately on the next business day. That's how you're supposed to handle these situations.

EVPs aren't supposed to act hot headed. Bum rush him like this is a fukking wrestling promo.

Yea...been following this.

Punk was wrong for making it public.
Bucks were wrong for leaking to Meltzer
Page really is a dumb idiot for going into business for himself
Tony was wrong for not stopping this
Bucks + Omega were wrong for breaking down the locker room door because they aren't just wrestlers, they are EVPs

I hope Tony can save Punk (the talent) but doubt it. From everything I'm reading not everyone is siding with the Bucks, the locker room really is split and there is anger/feeling in both camps that Tony basically blew it

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Excellent point, but AEW has been doing this for a long time. For example, two guys who supposedly hate each other will bleed all over each other in the ring, but then do a post show interview to discuss who planned certain spots or decided the finish of the match.
AEW is Oochie Wally AND One Mic. :francis:

Happens across all of Wrestling in some form or another giving shoot news. They'll just have to explain breaking kayfabe and most will already understand. If not, they've got the injury aspect which explains Punk's absence at least

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Very telling that the fans of the "alternative" aren't familiar with their own product, specifically how Cool Hand Luke was imitating

:wow:The Global Chief :blessed:

With his "Aew Galaxy, appreciate us" line he had. But fukkery>Actual Wrestling
Tony Khan might as well lean all the way into it. He might as well have Powerhouse Hobbs shave his head and call himself the Mostly Mighty.
:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
There is no way that Punk is ever coming back to wrestling. I cannot see it for the life of me. Just the sheer embarrassment alone of being injured twice like this
Of all the stupid shyt wrestlers do you think being injured is the really embarrassing thing that is going to keep someone from doing it? He’s getting paid 5 mill per year or some shyt. If he doesn’t come back it won’t be because of the embarrassment.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Of all the stupid shyt wrestlers do you think being injured is the really embarrassing thing that is going to keep someone from doing it? He’s getting paid 5 mill per year or some shyt. If he doesn’t come back it won’t be because of the embarrassment.
For a person that thinks theyre so much better than everybody else and obviously cares so much what everybody has to say about them, this man twice has had the top prize put on him and lasted all of 15 minutes total ring time with it. You dont think thats ego crushing?

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
For a person that thinks theyre so much better than everybody else and obviously cares so much what everybody has to say about them, this man twice has had the top prize put on him and lasted all of 15 minutes total ring time with it. You dont think thats ego crushing?
Not anymore ego crushing that leaving WWE acting like you’re above wrestling only to return to wrestling. This is a person who got beat up in front of millions of people twice for no real reason. You can think whatever you want about Punk but he’s not going to stop wrestling because hes “embarrassed about being injured” especially when he’s getting paid as much as he is. Now it’s certainly possible he never wrestled again but it won’t be because he’s embarrassed imo.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
One thing Im seeing here and on twitter is everyone now going "Tony is now learning he has to run a tight ship and be a boss" and everyone citing examples of bosses or teachers and parents having to put their foot down and saying that you never be the fun guy at the start.

I agree with all that but my thing is.....can he be a boss? And I dont mean is it in him. I mean...is it too late?

This company only exists because he bankrolled a bunch of friends to start their own promotion and gave them luxury funding like some sort of angel investor who wants to be down (Great parallel to all the stories we've heard about start ups the past decades and their issues with young disruptors)

The one time Tony decided to not mix being friends with business and make a business decision according to yall is not giving Cody the money he wanted (I still think him falling out with the Elite hurt that a little but whatever lets take it as face value). Now everyone uses that as the example of why everything fell apart

So what is the solution, because I think being a proper businessman which he probably needs to be anyway for the family portfolio of businesses I wonder if it will mean for the wrestling business which has done more than decent but could now face a decline slowly