“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the bloom is off the rose with Punk and a lot of the hardcore fans, who make up a pretty big portion of the AEW fanbase. Prior to his return in 2021, the narrative that was spun around Punk was he was done wrong by the politics and backstage BS of the McMahons. But it's becoming clear he is a big problem as well.

The only way this works is if they lean into him being a heel, but I doubt Tony wants to do that.

If TK himself, the great Danielson, and Brawl Out Brooks can't figure that it's a layup to start his return era with an immediate heel turn then that's L's all around for everyone involved in that show.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The word going around about this ESPN interview is that its a worked shoot and he may "blur the lines" regarding what happened. Theres some stuff in there about Hangman he may say which may make Punk come across as a heel in regards to the previous rumour he thought he was gonna shoot on him

Thats probably the part that might be the thing that upsets some people but also this interview was pre-taped and likely would have been approved by TK.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Sean Ross said this aggregate was out of context but basically its equivalent to it might still be happening

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The word going around about this ESPN interview is that its a worked shoot and he may "blur the lines" regarding what happened. Theres some stuff in there about Hangman he may say which may make Punk come across as a heel in regards to the previous rumour he thought he was gonna shoot on him

Thats probably the part that might be the thing that upsets some people but also this interview was pre-taped and likely would have been approved by TK.

I'll wait for someone to post the entire report from that site.

I'd have to go back and watch the match, but was there anything done that would have been out of the ordinary or is Sourpuss Punk making something out of nothing again?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I'll wait for someone to post the entire report from that site.

I'd have to go back and watch the match, but was there anything done that would have been out of the ordinary or is Sourpuss Punk making something out of nothing again?

I think the idea is that hes gonna make a work out of the rumours he thought Page was gonna shoot on him which may lend credence to the idea hes coming back as a heel thats all