“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They really should've cut ties with cm Punk all together and tried to get MJF some more mainstream coverage in the media. You have a loudmouth white dude who loves the camera, how can you not grow your business with him outside of the wrestling bubble? Terrible marketing. Them and the rappin scissoring gay dudes (no disrespect I'm literally blanking on their name because I'm at work) should've been on mad media tours promoting the brand and growing the business but they're inherently lesser than cm Punk and the elite.

I mean they kinda tried and got to go on some shows and generally the knock on him is he hasnt drawn as champ

The other interesting thing is, it feels like AEW still has limited media ties (Barstool, Helwani kinda but not really...the rest is wrestling media). I dont know if that has anything to do with WWE stronger media ties making it difficult for AEW to go places (It has affected them licensing wise)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If it’s the ‘CM Punk show’, why would someone who watches All Elite Wrestling for the Elite go to those shows? Those fans are more likely to want Collision to fail because that meant CM Punk fails. They aren’t going to buy tickets to boo him. That means Tony needs to make big matches

I think not bringing him and the other Collison people who've been away for almost a year back to Dynamite first and build some programs that will eventually carry off onto Collison hurts them more than any parasocial tribalism. There needs to be some continuty that then draws people to the new show

Right now this feels like some Codyverse/Nu-ROH shyt which goes on unacknowledged

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Edgelord heel sells in 2023 :hubie:. He definitely could be on NYC subway talks (BING BONG) talking shyt or be on barstool with portnoy and then getting attention and going viral
AEW is four years old now, it's time that they start reaching beyond podcasts & YouTube to grow the audience. As much as I like SideTalk (S/O to Spider Cuz, but fukk Dave Portnoy), AEW needs to get their wrestlers on Jimmy Fallon, Dancing With The Stars, and ESPN like the wrestlers in the other company.
MJF's shtick will never get him on those types of shows unless he gets some polish & media training. The profanity-laced edgelord stuff screams bush league.
As it stands, AEW has a grand total of four wrestlers who can get them beyond the podcast circuit: Mark Henry, Big Show, Jade Cargill, and the guy who used to be Chris Jericho (you could possibly add Sting & Jeff Jarrett to that list, but their Q-ratings are lower than the first four names that I listed).

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I think not bringing him and the other Collison people who've been away for almost a year back to Dynamite first and build some programs that will eventually carry off onto Collison hurts them more than any parasocial tribalism. There needs to be some continuty that then draws people to the new show
The should have done this. Wonder why they didn't.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
This has been a terrible roll out for a new show in damn near every way possible outside of it blowing up with Punk at the last minute. shyt feels like it has been rushed even with a month of TV time to build it up.

Khan has wasted a month of build for the debut doing goofy ass announcements that could have all been done together so you could start building to some matches. Announcing the show, then announcing where the first episode is, then announcing Punk, & then this week is him announcing the main event is insanity.

Doesn't help that despite having as bloated of a roster as they do they really don't have the star power to do a roster split. It's even more stupid since most of the people they seem to be throwing on there are the coldest people possible.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Could be but there's another Chicago show, A Dynamite, that is selling tickets right now for later this summer and that's at 5,000 sold and Punk won't be there.

Which is less than what Collison has sold and they've already started opening up more seats from the capacity it was at last week (which everyone doesnt mention in these articles but Wrestletix has up. Punk's announcement sold off the remaining 900 and they added an additional 2k seats now)