“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

They've basically poisoned the well. Lets say you are a die hard AEW fan, that wouldve ate up going to Collision. With how the Punk stuff was handled so publicly and the shyt flinging by both sides, aew die hards wont support Punk to "support" Bucks. Im not sure how many casuals would go to something like collision, until the brand gets "proven". It's weird doing a collison show in Canada too. Should keep running that shyt in USA til you build the brand up. They waited a while to take Dynamite to Canada didnt they?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They've basically poisoned the well. Lets say you are a die hard AEW fan, that wouldve ate up going to Collision. With how the Punk stuff was handled so publicly and the shyt flinging by both sides, aew die hards wont support Punk to "support" Bucks. Im not sure how many casuals would go to something like collision, until the brand gets "proven". It's weird doing a collison show in Canada too. Should keep running that shyt in USA til you build the brand up. They waited a while to take Dynamite to Canada didnt they?

The aritcle which takes a quote from Meltzer and Alvarez kinda doesnt make it too bad.

Basically Chicago is doing fine and they think Edmonton and Winnepeg will sell well but its Toronto on the day before Forbidden Door and Regina and Saskatoon that wont because they think its not the seasonal time for too many people to be there (Idk what that means lol)

I think it was dumb for them to announce Collison a few weeks after people are already buying tickets for FD and wont double dip. Pollack and Wai from POST Wrestling a couple of weeks back said when talking to people around town in Toronto that when the Collison tickets were announced they were priced high and only the lower bowl so that probably explains the lack of desire to go at this point.

The show just debuting with guys who havent been on TV in months is kinda nuts too. Normally if you do a brand split/Second show, you at least have the talent be on the main show first get their re-introductory programmes and feuds that can carry on to the new show.

I do agree on the poison well theory a little in that you've split the fans in terms of choosing which I think will also to continue affect Dynamite shows also which have inconsistent sales too post braw out. I honestly feel fans want to go to a AEW show thats top heavy with all the main stars like in 2021 (Elite, Punk, Mox, Danielson, Joe etc etc)

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
They really should've cut ties with cm Punk all together and tried to get MJF some more mainstream coverage in the media. You have a loudmouth white dude who loves the camera, how can you not grow your business with him outside of the wrestling bubble? Terrible marketing. Them and the rappin scissoring gay dudes (no disrespect I'm literally blanking on their name because I'm at work) should've been on mad media tours promoting the brand and growing the business but they're inherently lesser than cm Punk and the elite.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
How big is the arena they are using for that Hamilton show? it feels that shyt is gonna be 70% empty :damn:
FirstOntario Centre is a sports and entertainment arena at the corner of Bay Street North and York Boulevard in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Opened in 1985, it has a capacity of up to 19,000. Wikipedia

Address: 101 York Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8R 3L4, Canada

Renovated: 2024 - Completion

Capacity: 17,383

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Canadian fans are waiting and seeing about Collision as they’re right to. Rampage and battle of the belts being throwaway shows did damage to AEW ultimately. Unless it’s real PPV main event matches, they shouldn’t have a concern about “saving” matches

get my pool

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They really should've cut ties with cm Punk all together and tried to get MJF some more mainstream coverage in the media. You have a loudmouth white dude who loves the camera, how can you not grow your business with him outside of the wrestling bubble? Terrible marketing. Them and the rappin scissoring gay dudes (no disrespect I'm literally blanking on their name because I'm at work) should've been on mad media tours promoting the brand and growing the business but they're inherently lesser than cm Punk and the elite.
Agree for the most part but mjf not ready for that yet. He always full on edgelord heel and that don’t really translate well in mainstream interviews. They def should’ve been building someone else up through, maybe Darby

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Agree for the most part but mjf not read for that yet. He always full on edgelord heel and that don’t really translate well in mainstream interviews. They def should’ve been building someone else up through, maybe Darby
Edgelord heel sells in 2023 :hubie:. He definitely could be on NYC subway talks (BING BONG) talking shyt or be on barstool with portnoy and then getting attention and going viral

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

If it’s the ‘CM Punk show’, why would someone who watches All Elite Wrestling for the Elite go to those shows? Those fans are more likely to want Collision to fail because that meant CM Punk fails. They aren’t going to buy tickets to boo him. That means Tony needs to make big matches

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They aren’t going to buy tickets to boo him. That means Tony needs to make big matches
Exactly, he needs to make this Canada tour a big thing and book a lot of star vs star matches, that's why I think he needs to make the Owen Hart Cup star studded and try to sell tickets that way.

The AEW audience is more likely to show up for a cool matchup than just 1 name (Punk) that a portion of the fanbase wants nothing to do with.