“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
nick-jackson-48.jpg

Someone else in AEW should follow suit
That dude looks like a Tim Heidecker character.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Have the reports that Collision will be the CM Punk show and there will be a brand split come from anyone but Meltzer?

Seems to me that them reports are being used for a very specific purpose.

Andrew Zarian was first to call a soft brand split

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Tony Khan: What do you suppose people are going to think if they see you at a WWE show? Don’t you see it’s bad optics?

Punk: I was just there visiting friends :troll:I’ll also show up to an Impact taping if it would make you feel better. I’m just a wrestling fan like you.

Tony Khan: Ok. Think you can stop by an AEW show after that?

Punk: No.
:dead:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I have no doubt everyone with a brain cell is pitching Mercedes to be part of AEW on any capacity, tbh. Collision would need her to have 3-4 other capable female workers though, and AEW lacks that kind of thing. Maybe they put the whole woman's division on Saturday?
I don't know if Britt will be ok with that given how frequently she's throwing shots at Punk.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
AEW already has the stench of debuting a second show then "forgetting" about it with Rampage. They really need to prop this show up and keep it as a strong number 2, if Dynamite is their Smackdown, this needs to be their Raw. They have enough talent and prospects to spread throughout two shows. Somethting they failed to do with Rampage. They certainly have enough belts to move to Collision to anchor the show, and could introduce a women's tag title on one of the shows.

The big thing they absolutely need to do is let someone else trying booking their show. If these are gonna be stand alone shows with the only crossover being matches from both shows lead to the same PPV, TK needs to let someone else write Collision. Just try a different approach to reach more casuals. Jericho and Punk are very much traditional based wrestlers in terms of belief, unlike the Elite, and probably TK himself. Let someone of that ilk come in for that show.

This needs to be a separate universe, with a separate feel in booking, that is how they succeed with this show.