“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Skunk is a lot smarter than I gave him credit for, this is a master class chess move on multiple levels.

Mans on his Pac "Out on Bail" shyt:

Dude may show up AT RING OF HONAHH!

HugeSeriousCaribou-size_restricted.gif

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Tony being OK with it sounds an awful lot like wishful thinking.

Breh if I was a top priority in AEW. I wonder if I could ask Tony Khan "can I shyt in his face"

Khan would go: "Just don't get any pep in the eyes" :whoa:

What a fukking p*ssy yo...i mean that respectfully.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not convinced that there is a path back to WWE for Punk.

I say there's zero chance the bucks and omega end up in WWE as Tony is just going to give them blankchecks at that point.
Wrestlemania îs the one thing that WWE has in their back pocket he could not give them.

The lure of having a wrestle mania match would get a lot of guys, just once to say they wrestled there. Seeing Cody walk in and the crowd pop and all of the fireworks I'm sure rests heavy on a few guys.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who?

Yeah, they have the bodies for a second show but but I'm not convinced they have "the talent". I'm a fan of Hobbes and think Wardlow is underutilized but I don't think either are ready to be the backbone of the promotion. They should be getting burn on the main show instead of Jingle Boy or the goofy trios shyt or Daniel Garcia.
They need stars.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And how much more mileage are you going to get out of a soon to be 45 year old who has been injured for the better part of a year and is a prolific malcontent that will eventually pout and complain about shyt on the show that was created for him?

Punk isn't going to be around forever (I'm guessing it might be cheaper for Snowman to let his contract expire than to buy it out) so at some point in time all parties need to move on (for the record this is also the same issue Snowman will have in a couple years when Omega and the Bucks start slowing down). Whoever made the Aaron Rodgers/Punk comparison in this thread is spot-on since both are nothing more than band-aids for a couple years.

Snowman needs to get someone who has a track record of developing and fine-tuning talent. They have the talent for a second show since every week people here on TSC are complaining about why certain people aren't on Dynamite/Rampage. It's a matter of more consistent booking, getting people to care and getting them to tune in.
Punk's work with MJF made him better that's clear. Punk can coach a person in a match and make them look great even with a loss. (shout out to Darby Alin.) You know who doesn't do that? The EVP's they middle anyone who could be above them and it's clear. What Tony needs is to remove the people who are middling talent and lying about them. Punk is a grumpy b*stard, but he isn't the one playing politics in the back and messing with people's pushes. Tony won't have any long-term anything if he doesn't root that element out.