“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So people dont think Tony was fine with him doing it?

Cause from where Im standing, him showing up overshadowed in the wrestling circles Triple H's annoucement (and TK only cares for the IWC) and him being backstage was the lead the story over a new World title debuting and it creates further buzz/promotion for the Saturday show

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Punk returning is coddling but capitulating to a bunch of losers that like to flip around and wink to the cameras isn't. Got it.

Also, how is it a publicity stunt when the vast majority of people that watch Raw will never know CM Punk was there? What publicity is he getting? Meltzer and them were going to be talking about him anyway cause he's the only thing that does numbers.
Meltzer melting down now realizing how embarrassing it would be Tony Kahn if Punk actually were to just up and go to WWE because he got tired of dealing with his shyt. I admit - I thought there was no way back for Punk, but the possibility may be there.

This would be humiliating to AEW on another scale.

Lose Cody who becomes a top star in wrestling and the biggest face afterwards.
Lose CM Punk - who as far as most WWE fans are concerned would be returning to wrestling (whether he was in AEW or not)

That would be humiliating to Tony Kahn. And you know Vince would do it. He would do it just to fukk with him. Then he would take Omega and the Bucks too and stick them on NXT or some shyt and lock them in for 3 years just to fukk with them.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Meltzer melting down now realizing how embarrassing it would be Tony Kahn if Punk actually were to just up and go to WWE because he got tired of dealing with his shyt. I admit - I thought there was no way back for Punk, but the possibility may be there.

This would be humiliating to AEW on another scale.

Lose Cody who becomes a top star in wrestling and the biggest face afterwards.
Lose CM Punk - who as far as most WWE fans are concerned would be returning to wrestling (whether he was in AEW or not)

That would be humiliating to Tony Kahn. And you know Vince would do it. He would do it just to fukk with him. Then he would take Omega and the Bucks too and stick them on NXT or some shyt and lock them in for 3 years just to fukk with them.
I'm not convinced that there is a path back to WWE for Punk.

I say there's zero chance the bucks and omega end up in WWE as Tony is just going to give them blankchecks at that point.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Right. I think its Tony's fault in both directions.

He needed to make it clear from jump to the EVPs that they were EVPs for appearance purposes and title ONLY.

He needed to make it clear that he is running a business, and his top draw is going to be treated like a top draw- not doing matches in the middle of the card or beginning of the show to "keep the peace" (he was doing this with guys who should have been at the top of the card even before Punk joined the company because he was trying to be friends with everyone).

Tony's habit is to not want to rock the boat when he is running a business. Now he has a situation where:

1. The Elite don't respect him and think they are in some civil war for the soul of AEW where they should be at the top of the card, and all of their friends should be employed doing indie match shyt

2. Punk doesn't respect him because he saw that Tony doesn't take business seriously and likely made multiple promises to him of what the business would be like, from how they would treat him in the locker room as a veteran to how he would be treated as a part of the show and champion. (I don't care what anyone says, you don't treat top draws the way Tony has treated Punk - yes he's kept him when other guys would have been fired after that scrum incident but look at all the other ways he's handled backstage issues, Punk's booking having him do 50/50 with Moxley in a match that made no sense because Moxley thought he was bigger than he was "doing him a favor") From a top draw in their company like Punk's perspective he's put up with a lot of shyt from guys who have never drawn as much as he has in his career WWE machine sure but its the truth.

3. Jericho doesn't respect him because he can tell all he has to do is feed his ego and drop his bad ideas to pull any guy with heat into his orbit and stay on top. Every time someone gets organically over, they end up in Jericho's orbit and their heat gets snuffed out.

I could go on and on - but Tony's poor handling of all the backstage shyt has resulted in this. Never have I heard of a top draw being this disrespected in a wrestling company (whether you like the guy or not). Usually the promoter makes everyone play ball with that guy, not dancing around unable to make decisions and trying to keep people friends while splitting your own roster to spite your face.
All correct biggest issue I see in the Punk situation is allowing the lie that Punk had Colt Cabana fired to continue and not addressing it when it was originally brought up in a press conference and instead saying "No comment." That's what led to Scrum incident and Tony apologized and said he should have addressed it back then. And who started that lie? Who spread the rumor? The EVP'S. How does that look when your execs are spreading rumors in a company they have some say in the booking.

Jericho is something Tony could have stopped if he wanted to but he won't.

Tony shouldn't be running the company cause he clearly doesn't understand what he's doing.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cause from where Im standing, him showing up overshadowed in the wrestling circles Triple H's annoucement (and TK only cares for the IWC) and him being backstage was the lead the story over a new World title debuting and it creates further buzz/promotion for the Saturday show
If this is truly a work to garner publicity for AEW and his return to AEW it is a fantastic work. They could have him play into his heel persona and that he doesn't appreciate the work of the Elite, is out to take the business from them, hates them, etc.

If that is the work and they can manage it -- possibly would be great.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Of course Tony was ok with him being there. This was probably Tony's idea.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All correct biggest issue I see in the Punk situation is allowing the lie that Punk had Colt Cabana fired to continue and not addressing it when it was originally brought up in a press conference and instead saying "No comment." That's what led to Scrum incident and Tony apologized and said he should have addressed it back then. And who started that lie? Who spread the rumor? The EVP'S. How does that look when your execs are spreading rumors in a company they have some say in the booking.

Jericho is something Tony could have stopped if he wanted to but he won't.

Tony shouldn't be running the company cause he clearly doesn't understand what he's doing.
Yea - Punk flat out saying - how it is not normal for your executives in the company to try to under cut your top draw that is bringing in money for personal reasons.

All these guys working on guarantees with no sense of business. Yea Punk at the Scrum was wrong. Tony failing to put a stop to that and saying it was nonsense was cowardly - he didn't want to hurt either guy and was too immature to see how it was damaging or how it may tick his actual top guy off. Tony seeming to reward or look the other way on Adam Page going into business for himself and accusing Punk of destroying the lockeroom on live tv was wrong.

If this is all a work, well-played by Punk. Otherwise....

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Looks like we're going back down the rabbit hole where the smarks jump over each other to point out the work

"Of course Tony was okay with it" seems more hopium that Tony Khan has control over a situation when he hasn't shown at any point he controls anything

Idk what any of this is but I reckon WWE doesn't have to play along with any of the bullshyt and it doesn't benefit them to. What does benefit them is signing this dude for reasons of embarrassment already talked about otherwise idk what's the point for them

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
It is if he wants to get another show. They have no stars. They draw no money. Punk is their only real attraction.

And how much more mileage are you going to get out of a soon to be 45 year old who has been injured for the better part of a year and is a prolific malcontent that will eventually pout and complain about shyt on the show that was created for him?

Punk isn't going to be around forever (I'm guessing it might be cheaper for Snowman to let his contract expire than to buy it out) so at some point in time all parties need to move on (for the record this is also the same issue Snowman will have in a couple years when Omega and the Bucks start slowing down). Whoever made the Aaron Rodgers/Punk comparison in this thread is spot-on since both are nothing more than band-aids for a couple years.

Snowman needs to get someone who has a track record of developing and fine-tuning talent. They have the talent for a second show since every week people here on TSC are complaining about why certain people aren't on Dynamite/Rampage. It's a matter of more consistent booking, getting people to care and getting them to tune in.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Snowman needs to get someone who has a track record of developing and fine-tuning talent.
Who?
They have the talent for a second show since every week people here on TSC are complaining about why certain people aren't on Dynamite/Rampage.
Yeah, they have the bodies for a second show but but I'm not convinced they have "the talent". I'm a fan of Hobbes and think Wardlow is underutilized but I don't think either are ready to be the backbone of the promotion. They should be getting burn on the main show instead of Jingle Boy or the goofy trios shyt or Daniel Garcia.