“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
wow so you’re saying one of Darby, Sammy and Jungle Boy is gonna be a Stone Cold or even Mankind level mainstream crossover star?

I was talking about WCW. You’re right that WWE typically doesn’t release main event talent but when main event talent walks out on WWE you have to take advantage of a rare situation like Punk or Sasha. Make Brock an offer he can’t refuse. I don’t even like CM Punk (peep the avatar) but I can’t deny his impact on business.

Not saying that, and AJ, Joe and Roode didn’t become as big stars as Kurt Angle but they were in their prime and Kurt was yesterdays star and time bore that out. WWE booked those guys right as they all pushed 40 when TNA could’ve been done that but Dixie and Russo wanted to be just like WWE. Why wouldn’t AEW learn from that? Jungle Boy & Darby prob won’t be Austin but you also don’t let WWE get a chance to do it. I’d rather give WWE Punk and laugh at the legends booking. How would Punk feel about taking the A town down and just be a notch on Theory being new legend killer? Lol. He wouldn’t make a difference at all in WWE and we understand that, so why do you feel Punk would make a diff in AEW when they have better legends from his generation on the show already?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Who benefits leaking that the Elite are interested in WWE?

I'm not saying WWE wouldn't sign Kenny.

I'm saying that the timing of the information is suspect and tends to be part of the pattern witnessed thus far - Elite unhappy backstage, Elite start leaking they are thinking of going or a company is interested in them. In terms of timing, it would not make sense for WWE to have it known.

Tony has already faked MJF and FTR being interested in WWE while being signed already. Why can’t that be the case here? Not saying it’s a good story. Maybe Tony likes being the belle at the ball

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I was talking about WCW. You’re right that WWE typically doesn’t release main event talent but when main event talent walks out on WWE you have to take advantage of a rare situation like Punk or Sasha. Make Brock an offer he can’t refuse. I don’t even like CM Punk (peep the avatar) but I can’t deny his impact on business.
Sasha stuff still seems to be in the works.
CM Punk's main issue is his availability. Both times they put the strap on him, he got injured for months. No one wants to see him just talking for months either.

I dont think an AEW Brock signing would be that good. :manny:

Mainevent crossover(Movies and film) star - I think those days are over tbh. Cena will be the last one true superstar. Maybe Roman can cross over with help from the Rock, but idk.
Who benefits leaking that the Elite are interested in WWE?
If I got a contract negotiations coming up, I would leak I'm interested in WWE too, to up the price :manny:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Tony has already faked MJF and FTR being interested in WWE while being signed already. Why can’t that be the case here? Not saying it’s a good story. Maybe Tony likes being the belle at the ball
I think the FTR shyt was real. All that started with FTR when HHH took over. shyt sorta died down when Vince came back.
MJF - I can see MJF running with the "bidding war" stuff w/o Tony blessing it. Tony doesnt do scripts.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think the FTR shyt was real. All that started with FTR when HHH took over. shyt sorta died down when Vince came back.
MJF - I can see MJF running with the "bidding war" stuff w/o Tony blessing it. Tony doesnt do scripts.

There's also the fact that FTR aren't that close with HBK or Road Dogg as well.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CM Punk's main issue is his availability. Both times they put the strap on him, he got injured for months. No one wants to see him just talking for months either.

Mainevent crossover(Movies and film) star - I think those days are over tbh. Cena will be the last one true superstar. Maybe Roman can cross over with help from the Rock, but idk.

If I got a contract negotiations coming up, I would leak I'm interested in WWE too, to up the price :manny:
That's what I'm saying its the guys themselves leaking it. They want Tony to fight for them. It's the equivalent to a girl telling a guy "Look at all these other men that want to take me out on a date" :russ: I 100% think the Elite do it on purpose to drive up their price or get what they want from Tony, which is either we don't want to work with Punk or look if you want us to stay, give us more money.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Elite gets the upperhand on the BCC...they bring Danielson back to even things up but then Cole joins the Elite (it makes zero sense kayfabe wise, but these dudes love their melodrama and "can we trust him?" storytelling) and the BCC recruits Punk for Anarchy in the Arena for Double or Nothing and Blood and Guts :mjgrin:

Hopefully Dragon's role is just throw a couple of kicks and get the fukk out of dodge, we need him healthy for New Japan :bryan:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Not saying that, and AJ, Joe and Roode didn’t become as big stars as Kurt Angle but they were in their prime and Kurt was yesterdays star and time bore that out. WWE booked those guys right as they all pushed 40 when TNA could’ve been done that but Dixie and Russo wanted to be just like WWE. Why wouldn’t AEW learn from that? Jungle Boy & Darby prob won’t be Austin but you also don’t let WWE get a chance to do it. I’d rather give WWE Punk and laugh at the legends booking. How would Punk feel about taking the A town down and just be a notch on Theory being new legend killer? Lol. He wouldn’t make a difference at all in WWE and we understand that, so why do you feel Punk would make a diff in AEW when they have better legends from his generation on the show already?

Darby Allin could be their Jeff Hardy so I have no issues with AEW pushing him and him being a signature AEW talent. Jungle Boy and Sammy can't cut a promo to save their life and they are also small so WWE wouldn't do shyt with them.

Punk would absolutely make a difference in WWE, at least in terms of TV ratings. I think there's a segment of the wrestling fandom that loves CM Punk and if he went to WWE they'd tune in to see what happens. Would it make much of a difference in attendance? Probably not because they are already doing 10K+ for TVs in major markets as is.

He's a MUCH bigger mainstream star than Moxley, he's a bigger mainstream star than Daniel Bryan, and while Jericho is arguably bigger, 2 of those guys have been around since the start and are really stale at the moment (the quarter hours don't lie.) Daniel Bryan just main evented a PPV that didn't sell out. All 3 of those guys have been on shows that are middling in the 800K range.

Because of all the time he's missed with injury, Punk still has novelty factor in AEW. There's still meat on the bone there before transitioning him into the vet putting over younger talent.

Brock signing with AEW would be headline news all over and get AEW mentioned in places that never talk about them. He'd be the biggest mainstream star they've ever had. AEW needs another big defection from WWE to get perception back on their side that they are actually competing for the same talent.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darby Allin could be their Jeff Hardy so I have no issues with AEW pushing him and him being a signature AEW talent. Jungle Boy and Sammy can't cut a promo to save their life and they are also small so WWE wouldn't do shyt with them.

Punk would absolutely make a difference in WWE, at least in terms of TV ratings. I think there's a segment of the wrestling fandom that loves CM Punk and if he went to WWE they'd tune in to see what happens. Would it make much of a difference in attendance? Probably not because they are already doing 10K+ for TVs in major markets as is.

He's a MUCH bigger mainstream star than Moxley, he's a bigger mainstream star than Daniel Bryan, and while Jericho is arguably bigger, 2 of those guys have been around since the start and are really stale at the moment (the quarter hours don't lie.) Daniel Bryan just main evented a PPV that didn't sell out. All 3 of those guys have been on shows that are middling in the 800K range.

Because of all the time he's missed with injury, Punk still has novelty factor in AEW. There's still meat on the bone there before transitioning him into the vet putting over younger talent.

Brock signing with AEW would be headline news all over and get AEW mentioned in places that never talk about them. He'd be the biggest mainstream star they've ever had. AEW needs another big defection from WWE to get perception back on their side that they are actually competing for the same talent.
Agree with bolded -- What's harming AEW is that the are gaining the reputation of a sloppy shop. Tony pays a lot and pays for travel and hotels etc but - if I go over there

1. WIll I become a laughing stock because the stories are ridiculous and don't make sense?
2. Will I have to deal with their locker room issues?
3. Am I going to get hurt because the wrestlers don't have any agents telling them not to do reckless actions in matches?
4. Will I have to deal with politics backstage with favorites or people having Tony's ear or his erratic booking choices that might leave me forgotten about and off tv or on Dark while he signs the next new play toy?

AEW went from having this reputation of a place where a wrestler could go, make a lot of money, be in great matches in an exciting and fast growing wrestling company to a place that is seen as yea you can make a lot of money but there are a lot of downsides and internal issues that could leave your career as a joke/black hole. I feel like their reputation as a billionaire's play chest has started to develop and that has hurt their perception among wrestlers.

Edit - I want to add here that kind ironically - what WWE is doing with Cody, AEW needs to do with Punk...or some other WWE star. Find a way to push the hell out of them, make them seem incredible, make it seem like being in their company was the best decision that star ever could have made.

Not for that star's specific benefit - but for the future of their promotion and business to bring in top guys, get them over and seem like a place you want to be and a big fukking deal.

Cody's push by WWE made wrestlers who were afraid to sign with them because of Vince's bad reputation think "shyt, I should have signed with WWE" and "shyt, I should go over there." Cody's good treatment by WWE is exactly why people like MJF who may have been afraid of being called vanilla midgets and buried in the undercard by Vince etc all started shopping around "Maybe I will go to WWE when my contract expires" rumors.

AEW needs the rumors going in the opposite direction, which is what they had two years ago and seem to have lost with Cody in the past year.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Elite/BCC just started. Give it a chance?
Sure.

Just out of curiosity what are the circumstances that you are envisioning that would allow Wheeler Yuta and Claudio to be in an angle with the elite that would surpass the heat and interest that would be present with CM Punk returning as a heel and feuding with omega and his flunkies?

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
On WOR Meltzer and Alvarez are talking like Punk gotta walk up to the Hardly Boyz and say sorry for causing a distraction and it won’t happen again:mjlol: Man fukk the Young Bucks. Then Alvarez said and what if his apology is not accepted 😂. Well then the Bucks gotta go :camby: they have no say so and they aren’t fukking stars. Piss on them and anybody who love them. Hope they go to WWE and get marginalized and jobbed out to the USOs. The bias is soo strong lol..fukk those got damn gymnasts.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
On WOR Meltzer and Alvarez are talking like Punk gotta walk up to the Hardly Boyz and say sorry for causing a distraction and it won’t happen again:mjlol: Man fukk the Young Bucks. Then Alvarez said and what if his apology is not accepted 😂. Well then the Bucks gotta go :camby: they have no say so and they aren’t fukking stars. Piss on them and anybody who love them. Hope they go to WWE and get marginalized and jobbed out to the USOs.
From day 1 those two have been "he can't come back after this :whoa:" because their main sources are all on The Elite's side. So now they gotta keep the :whoa: energy, probably because they haven't talked with the Bucks in months and have no clue what's their current status :russ:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sure.

Just out of curiosity what are the circumstances that you are envisioning that would allow Wheeler Yuta and Claudio to be in an angle with the elite that would surpass the heat and interest that would be present with CM Punk returning as a heel and feuding with omega and his flunkies?

Punk and FTR have tagged once ever, and have no ties whatsoever other than Dax sucking his dikk daily on twitter. I think Wheeler Yuta being surrounded by stars will be fine performing at the level he can.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I said better legends and the performance art is a strong part of that in AEW, also doing business in terms of making new stars. Punk spectacularly failed in doing that with Hangman Page and fukked off the work Kenny and Bryan did in building him. You can’t fault Bryan Jericho and Mox to make that a red mark when they had to work to keep things afloat and reset after All Out. Punk novelty factor is already gone, people saw him back wrestling for a year. We’ve seent it. I think you’re overstating the desire fans have for a shooty shoot storyline