“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Especially since it was reported that he was very friendly with the younger talent earlier this year. It's obvious that the Elite are not as innocent as they claim and spread whisper campaigns against Cody, and Cm Punk. when they left. On Cornette's podcast he is implied that he has someone in the lockeroom feeding him information about the Elite.
Ppl keep bringing up Cody left. Y’all need some proof that was cuz of the Elite :manny:

Cody said there was no problem between he and the Elite. Cody’s issue was contract related. Money and creative control.

Both Dave and SRS said the elite weren’t their sources for Punk stories.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
And this is one of the most unfortunate things to come out of this. Even more Jeribloat influence on the on screen product. Nobody with a brain would deny that he’s a legend, but he’s been the drizzling shyts for over 2 years now. Everything he’s involved with sucks with his stench on it. You get the sense more from him than anybody else on the roster that he’s going out there and doing whatever the hell he wants, every segment of his, every week.

He almost never elevates who he’s suppose to. He held MJF’s career hostage for an entire year during that never ending feud last year, made him a joke. MJF didn’t get momentum until he got away from Jericho. And now for the first 6 months of this year he’s held Eddie Kingston back in a never ending feud of factions, when Kingston was on fire and appeared to be ready for bigger and better things.

Its concerning that Tony Khan said recently that he feels this is currently one of Jericho‘s greatest runs of his career. He’s using this bloated 50 year old balding wanna be rock star like it’s 2002 and not 2022 and like he’s not cooked in the ring. It’s mind blowing. He’s being pushed better than Danielson who’s a decade younger and 20x better in the ring at this stage. It doesn’t make sense.

I agree with everything you said, but I can see the other side of the argument too. Jericho is always the one guy on AEW television that gets buzz outside of wrestling on social media. The AEW originals working with Jericho are being introduced to a larger audience. It happened with Orange Cassidy. Dude was trending on Twitter pretty frequently outside of wrestling Twitter during his program with Jericho.

The problem is, Jericho ALWAYS goes over in the feuds. I honestly cannot remember the last time he lost a feud. It may have actually been to Moxley when he lost the title :patrice:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I dont lik
I agree with everything you said, but I can see the other side of the argument too. Jericho is always the one guy on AEW television that gets buzz outside of wrestling on social media. The AEW originals working with Jericho are being introduced to a larger audience. It happened with Orange Cassidy. Dude was trending on Twitter pretty frequently outside of wrestling Twitter during his program with Jericho.

The problem is, Jericho ALWAYS goes over in the feuds. I honestly cannot remember the last time he lost a feud. It may have actually been to Moxley when he lost the title :patrice:
He lost the OC feud in that dumbass mimosa match

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Dave Meltzer basically said the dog getting injured from Elite is a lie.
He makes sense, if Larry got injured from the Elite, they wouldve been said that. :manny:

images from I guess the wrestling observer forums where Dave says it. I put them in spoiler tags since they big.
FgE2nXaaMAA13I4

FgE2nliaEAIYvBr

Well if Meltzer said it it must be true.

“AEW Top Star” :jbhmm: does this mean Sammy guava or Jericho. Seems like it might be a contradiction of terms.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ppl keep bringing up Cody left. Y’all need some proof that was cuz of the Elite :manny:

Cody said there was no problem between he and the Elite. Cody’s issue was contract related. Money and creative control.

Both Dave and SRS said the elite weren’t their sources for Punk stories.
Cody is a professional. He's not going to dog people in public.

Dave and SRS are glorified PR for AEW. They have no credibility here. Of course they're going to cover the ass of the people who keep them fed.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Cody is a professional. He's not going to dog people in public.
Just because he wouldnt dog ppl in public doesnt mean he would go out of his way to lie and take up for them(the same ppl that he were supposedly at odds with).

Compare that to how he handled questions on Tony

Looks like you just looking for reasons to blame the Elite for this situation. I dont care for the Elite and no one is saying they are "angels" or "innocent". Punk is just an a$$hole and the Joe Budden of Wrestling. He can't get out of his own way and burns down stuff. It is what it is.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just because he wouldnt dog ppl in public doesnt mean he would go out of his way to lie and take up for them(the same ppl that he were supposedly at odds with).

Compare that to how he handled questions on Tony

Looks like you just looking for reasons to blame the Elite for this situation. I dont care for the Elite and no one is saying they are "angels" or "innocent". Punk is just an a$$hole and the Joe Budden of Wrestling. He can't get out of his own way and burns down stuff. It is what it is.

I'm blaming *both* of them. One of them can't get out of their own way. And the other group couldn't deal with being overshadowed by someone clearly better than them in every way, so they went on a mission to destroy him by whispering in the ears of people like Dave and SRS, and he made it easy for them. The only thing I don't like about this entire situation is that they're getting off with little to no real blame.

As far as Cody, again that's called being a pro.

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I just don't see how Punk having a problem with the Elite somehow means he has smoke with everybody

the people that resent him across all wrestling seems to far outnumber those who like him. If WWE brought him back they'd have to make sure he was feuding with someone who didn't hate him, which would be tough considering Punk would wanna work on top with Roman

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I'm blaming *both* of them. One of them can't get out of their own way. And the other group couldn't deal with being overshadowed by someone clearly better than them in every way, so they went on a mission to destroy him by whispering in the ears of people like Dave and SRS, and he made it easy for them. The only thing I don't like about this entire situation is that they're getting off with little to no real blame.

As far as Cody, again that's called being a pro.
The only person who has said the Elite are to blame for the gossiping............is Punk with no proof whatsoever to back it up.