AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think recent announcements have gone down relatively well tbh - people seem alright with Cole/MJF and Bucks/FTR.

Hayter's injury is the biggest disappointment and if Pac is really on that list too, that's really shytty timing. Shoe-horning Saraya into a four way title match feels like someone hitting the panic button - are they going to blow up the Outcasts and turn Saraya face just to cover Jamie's injury and put a Brit over? All a bit UK Rampage, if so.

Darby/Sting Vs Swerve/AR Fox - sure, fine, whatever.

Zero build for whatever Ospreay and Jericho are/aren't doing is the worst thing.

I'm still hyped. It's gonna be a great day out, but it feels like they're still fumbling.

I think Toni will probably turn babyface over Paige. She's much more likeable and fans seem to be into her unhinged gimmick.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
We can't decide if she's doing Baby Jane or Mommy Dearest, but whoever she's channelling it's WORKING. So good.

The way she threw her shoe from off-camera after she stormed off last week had me rolling. :lolbron:
I really would like to know who decided to come up with that character for her because it’s been perfectly executed.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You keep blaming WBD Cattle but AEW ain't their company Lol. It's up to Tony Khan to make sure he has everything figured out. Max already streams Soccer and they are looking to stream more sports soon.
WBD said they didn’t have the capacity to do it, and AEW in-ring content has to be on WBD properties.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If I was him, I wouldn’t be giving this away for free to nobody. This is the show that people are willing to pay to see, Just because of the spectacle itself
While I agree, not advertising it as a PPV from the outset was a mistake. Advertise it from the beginning as a PPV then if you get it on MAX then it’s a big announcement you can make that fans will be thrilled about.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
While I agree, not advertising it as a PPV from the outset was a mistake. Advertise it from the beginning as a PPV then if you get it on MAX then it’s a big announcement you can make that fans will be thrilled about.
Oh I agree completely. I just don’t understand how AEW logistics or the fans ever saw any other way that this was ideal to be broadcast aside from PPV. I’ve said it since it was announced.

The only thing that makes it dumb is running another PPV one week later. Those numbers are guaranteed to fall off a cliff.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
WBD said they didn’t have the capacity to do it, and AEW in-ring content has to be on WBD properties.

We don't know how long Tony was planning this event. He just randomly announced it one day and we were all like "ok..." and then he announced it would be at Wembley. If WBD was able to stream live Soccer that tells me they can do live events but they probably need some notice you would think.

In any event, Tony needed to have his ducks in a row and why didn't they get together and say ok maybe we'll just put it on free TV? TNT/TBS?

Yes, they would have missed out on PPV revenue but maybe they could have gotten that back on advertising and I bet the ratings would have been great for it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Oh I agree completely. I just don’t understand how AEW logistics or the fans ever saw any other way that this was ideal to be broadcast aside from PPV. I’ve said it since it was announced.

The only thing that makes it dumb is running another PPV one week later. Those numbers are guaranteed to fall off a cliff.
I think there is a lot of potential long term benefit to having their biggest show ever seen by the biggest audience they would ever have for a PPV by putting it on Max. PPVs are where AEW almost always shines very highly and my guess is a lot of people who haven’t watched AEW or haven’t watched in a while would check it out for the spectacle of it.

WWE made less money on PLEs than they did PPVs when they went the WWE Network route (and probably on Peacock now too) but it’s had substantial long term benefits.