AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think there is a lot of potential long term benefit to having their biggest show ever seen by the biggest audience they would ever have for a PPV by putting it on Max. PPVs are where AEW almost always shines very highly and my guess is a lot of people who haven’t watched AEW or haven’t watched in a while would check it out for the spectacle of it.

WWE made less money on PLEs than they did PPVs when they went the WWE Network route (and probably on Peacock now too) but it’s had substantial long term benefits.
I don’t see what the difference is in having it on Max vs BR/Fite. If people want to see something they’re going to seek it out and get it how they can.

If you’re talking about them just maximizing potential viewers then they’d do best just running it in TV. But that’s also the thing that people love to kill WCW for, Running their biggest show/match on free TV instead of PPV.

I see both sides of the argument. Still to this day that’s probably the single greatest episode of a wrestling show i’ve ever seen and definitely one of the greatest moments ever in wrestling. I’ll take that night’s legacy over a big PPV as a promotion already making money :manny:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t see what the difference is in having it on Max vs BR/Fite. If people want to see something they’re going to seek it out and get it how they can.

If you’re talking about them just maximizing potential viewers then they’d do best just running it in TV. But that’s also the thing that people love to kill WCW for, Running their biggest show/match on free TV instead of PPV.

I see both sides of the argument. Still to this day that’s probably the single greatest episode of a wrestling show i’ve ever seen and definitely one of the greatest moments ever in wrestling. I’ll take that night’s legacy over a big PPV as a promotion already making money :manny:
I wouldn’t want it on tv because of the commercials. I know WWE runs commercials all over their PLEs but they get control of when they air, matches aren’t getting interrupted for them.

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
F3so7l2WMAAd44L

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Blackpool Combat Club gotta find 3 random mfs? Im guessing it’ll be house of black if so

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
AEW has single handedly ruined multi man matches for me.

It’s like we have to have at least 3 of them on every ppv because of the size of the roster and having nothing creative or interesting for guys to do. It’s lazy as hell. And even with the multi matches the ppvs still end up too long with too many matches anyway.

It’s wild looking back on those early AEW ppv cards and only seeing 7-8 matches. The company was much more focused and TK actually attempted long term booking when the roster was smaller.