AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They have to be relieved the demand is there for a minimum of 60k tickets sold. The visual of 25k in a 90k seat stadium would have been a terrible look.
TK had to have at least some knowledge to know this would do well. You don’t make a leap this big without proper info. Fite TV subs, PPV buyrates, even just checking Twitter and seeing the outpour of “when’s AEW coming to the UK?”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I hope they put out a good card. You have the people's interest. You didn't even announce a single match. Don't fukk them on the card. Put some effort into it to make it a special night.
When's the last time AEW didn't deliver for a major show? Like 2019 or 2020?

I'm not talking like their every-other-week special named Dynamite that just ends up being a regular ole Dynamite with a fancy name attached to it, I'm talking like the PPVs, which is obviously how this show is going to get treated. Probably treated more like a PPV on steroids and cocaine, especially if the speculation is true that this is going to be the kick-off for their content on HBO Max.

Even some of their lesser PPVs in more recent years have still been generally good events, they just pail in comparison to when they have an elite-level PPV. Big event AEW is one of the most reliably good things in the business.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
TK had to have at least some knowledge to know this would do well. You don’t make a leap this big without proper info. Fite TV subs, PPV buyrates, even just checking Twitter and seeing the outpour of “when’s AEW coming to the UK?”
The fact that there's no card to be announced yet is amazing.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This. They knew there was a buzz in Europe for the product.

People forget how hot UK was before NXT UK slowed the momentum and Speaking Out crushed the buildings.