AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I just got done watching and I gotta give Tony credit for being able to pull this off with how bizarre the build up was. The PPV was incredibly produced I must say…it definitely had the aura of a major sporting event and concert all in one.

The main event was great….Yeah there were some goofy spots during the match but Cole/MJF were telling a story while still having a competitive match. MJF seems comfortable being a babyface and I think it was smart to him win. Adam Cole will eventually turn on MJF and it will be more impactful the longer they milk it.

Shoutout to Roderick Strong is killing his role as the disgruntled friend of Cole’s….I can’t help but laugh everytime I see him.

The single matches were the best matches of the night. Punk vs Joe, MJF vs Cole and even Jericho/Osprey was good. Everything else was ok… too many multi-person matches with NO DQ for my liking but again it was a good entertaining show.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I was thinking yesterday. AEW less than 5 years old. I think TK said 4 year anniversary of dynamite coming soon. I was wondering how soon after start the WWE had an international show. Not even having to be a big ppv event. I know it was WWWE back in the day so I guess I can count that but just in general for the company. I wouldn't count Canada since they so closely integrated with the US especially with all the Canadian wrestlers that have come down to wrestle. But was just wondering how quickly WWE started expanding to international shows. Of course much easier these days with how connected the world is & mass media compared to back then.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@prophecypro what was the merch situation like?

I haven’t seen anything really mentioned on Twitter good or bad other than AEW said they would be bringing a shyt ton of merch. And one guy I follow came away with like 5 different t-shirts which is about two more than AEW normally has at shows it seems.

It was better than All Out 2022 which was the last show I went to where it was just only event shirts

But it could have been better I guess. They had one t shirt of each of some of the main guys (Punk, Elite, Darby, Sting, Acclaimed, Orange Cassidy,Jericho UK exclusive tee, Adam Cole. Didnt notice an MJF one or any women's one could be wrong though) and some merch in general ($900 AEW belt looool, Stng flag, Punk flag, MJF scarf, Acclamed Sisscor Foam Finger) and they had a TON of the All In general event tees

So it was alright

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Reading the results - a lot of dumb decisions on this card. TK needs some better wrestling "brains" in his booking room. And to stop using EWR to guide his way. I'm sure there was some solid action, but yeah I'm not going to try and shoehorn watching this show into my week. With college football about to be on like every day and then NFL still.

:childplease:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Reading the results - a lot of dumb decisions on this card. TK needs some better wrestling "brains" in his booking room. And to stop using EWR to guide his way. I'm sure there was some solid action, but yeah I'm not going to try and shoehorn watching this show into my week. With college football about to be on like every day and then NFL still.

:childplease:
Do you mean dumb decisions as far as the matchups that were booked or the winners (aside from Saraya winning which everyone has admitted was bad)?

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Do you mean dumb decisions as far as the matchups that were booked or the winners (aside from Saraya winning which everyone has admitted was bad)?

Granted I'm operating off reading/not seeing - so maybe ambiance will cover shyt but,

I'm not even an Aussie Open fan and I hate that they lost to MJF and Cole
House of Black shouldn't have loss
The aforementioned women's title change
I didn't care for who the mix was - but I feel BCC should have won the Stadium Stampede Match

That's 36% of the event right there.
Add in two matches I had zero interest in with Osprey vs JeriKKKo and the Coffin Match.

So honestly to answer directly I'd say both.