AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’m hooked on Os’ theme. I remember I kinda wasn’t feeling it when he started using it. When he brought it back it grew on me. Didn’t know he used the same version at WK:

When he jumps to AEW I hope the crowd does the “woooo oooo we’re so elevated” when it hits.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Was wrecked yesterday so thoughts from the cheap(ish) seats now...

Overall this was a great time... I think Khan was probably smart not to do Collision or something beforehand because the crowd was hyped even before getting inside, I think if 1/3 of us had seen most of the talent the night before it might've taken the edge off a little.

There were definitely some spare seats and I reckon they had a few more blocks covered left to open if they'd sold more, but by and large it felt like a full stadium and it definitely sounded like one. Crowd was engaged all the way through except during parts of Stadium Stampede where it got a bit difficult to follow. Tiny bit disappointed we couldn't get any slightly more creative songs going given the volume at times.

Some of the merch was great - especially the All In football jersey, but the lines were insane by the time we were getting around so we didn't bother.

Powerhouse Hobbs was just being announced as we were getting to our seats. Miro got a good pop but the crowd was patchy for the whole thing because it was about half an hr before we were told the show was starting. :comeon:

Minus-One Hr with Grado, Paul Wight, Jarrett etc was kinda fun (glad to have seen Jarrett, Lethal and Wight at least) but I don't know why they didn't stump up for Like a Prayer - would've made this the perfect party starter.

Venue did a decent job getting everyone inside and Better than You Bay Bay Vs Aussie Open broke Zero Hour attendance records, pal. Crowd were invested and the match did what it needed to do to get everyone at PPV level. "Aussie Wankers" did numbers. I was expecting Aussie Open to win honestly, but the most OP double-clothesline in the history of our sport got a helluva pop, so fair enough.

Hook Vs Jack was just a really solid hardcore wrestling match. Didn't catch Jack's real glass ad-lib because he was half a mile away but someone should remind him that car glass is designed to shatter without sharp edges these days. That's some PG ass real glass. He makes a great heel, crowd love Hook - this was fun.

Punk/Joe - there were plenty of Punk fans around and he had a good match, but this was a Joe crowd... he could tell and when he started playing up to it the whole thing just felt like it went off. Guy's a fukkin legend that wears companies on his back for fun and they should've given him the W because the pop would've been nuclear. Pepsi Plunge to finish was a great consolation though.

Trios Match - thoroughly sports-entertaining all round. BCG are turning into one of the best things in the company... they're just so watchable. Juice's voice carries across an entire stadium. :russ:

FTR/Bucks - nuts. I think this is the closest to "real sports crowd" the stadium got. Seemed like everyone had picked a side and the match was so good, the time felt like it just vanished. Crowd were so involved nobody even tried to make jokes about Cash's gun. They told a damn story.

Stadium Stampede. I've watched this again on TV now and yeah, it was good enough, but honestly live from where we were (near the front in the 1st tier of the bowl) it was almost impossible to keep track of without just watching the screens... and even then you're not getting the commentary to tell you the finer details. It's a weird match, because on the surface it looks like it's for the stadium crowd but it probably got the coolest reaction of everything because so much happened in places that were difficult to see - really it's one for TV - Penta helping out with Moxley's skewer spot in the middle of the ring popped hard though.

Shida/Storm/Saraya/DMD. Just too short. This is a common factor in AEW womens matches, but it seemed like they had a 15 minute story and ran through it in 10. Saraya coming out to We Will Rock You was a nice touch. Toni Storm is turning into one of the best pro wrestlers on the planet with this evolving heel gimmick. Shida got a deserved pop... crowd wouldn't have been mad with her winning I don't think. DMD still got some juice too. Saraya going over was obvious, but I'm not going to complain... was a great moment and she deserves her redemption arc even if the title run doesn't need to last for long.

Darby & Sting / Swerve & Christian - crowd were all in for all the entrances. Swerve looked like a fukkin' rockstar. Darby and Sting's Whitechapel/Jack bit was cool n'all, but Finn sorta already did it at NXT: London... you've got to find a few new London references 'Murrica. First time seeing Christian live and he was an unmitigated piece of shyt all the way through. Dope. Nick Wayne coming out and then getting taken to the back by Luchasaurus was hilarious - guy behind me said it must have been past Nick's bedtime so Luchasaurus had to take him back to his cot. Darby's a fukking lunatic and Sting's not far off.

Jericho/Ospreay - delivered, honestly. Jericho gave Ospreay all the chance in the world to show the few people in the crowd that didn't already have Will Ospreay at the top of their list why he should be. Os is so fukkin crisp with his shyt and this was the perfect time for him to get a big stage - Jericho held his end up well... his wrestling is a lot better than his live singing - luckily the crowd drowned him out in the stadium - Judas sounded a lot better live than it did on TV where you could hear his vocal chords tapping like Punk in the UFC.

House of Black / Acclaimed & Bad Ass Billy Gunn was fine - HOB's lantern tribute was a nice touch. For all the talk of TK not building All In properly, they actually did a pretty impressive job of rebuilding a reason for the crowd to care about Scissoring with Daddy Ass a full year after it peaked at All Out 2022 - it did the job. Crowd had fun and they moved a lot of foam scissors that will be in landfill by Christmas. :beli:

MJF/Cole - The Megachachos Don't Quite Explode - great main event honestly. I was waiting for the Cole turn, but they did the Wrestlemania 6 good vibes at the end and that was cool too. That's the second MJF match and the third Adam Cole match I've seen live and they've knocked it out every time so far - I'm not the biggest Adam Cole guy but he knows how to do a main event.

Overall bloody marvellous mates and I'll be going back next year without a second thought. We both lost our voices which is usually a sign of a good show.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'll be the first one to say it. If there's no NFL game AEW needs to start afternoon ppvs on Sundays. The show flew by and I don't feel exhausted because it's not 11pm:heh:.

It helps build their euro fanbase too. I think the only reason Khan does Sunday nights because he’s an attitude era kid like me

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It helps build their euro fanbase too. I think the only reason Khan does Sunday nights because he’s an attitude era kid like me
He's said before that Sunday night PPVs have better buy rates. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not. I can see it being possible though because Sunday nights are the most watched night of TV even outside of NFL season.

King-S456

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In response to a public records request about the attendance for AEW All In on August 27, the Freedom of Information office for the Brent Civic Centre responded today:

“The actual numbers registered entering [Wembley] Stadium through the turnstiles was 72,265 – this is reflective of what attended on the night and not the total number of tickets sold or no-shows etc.”

AEW announced the paid attendance for the event was 81,035, and called it a new worldwide record for pro wrestling.

The final estimate from WrestleTix of tickets distributed for All In was 83,131.

Wrestlenomics was told by a source that a typical AEW event has a drop count (also known as a “turnstile count”) that is about 80% to 90% of the paid attendance or tickets distributed. In this case, 72,265 is 89% of 83,131.

The turnstile count for WWE’s Wrestlemania 32 in 2016 in Arlington, Texas, was higher than All In’s number. The number of fans who entered the building for Wrestlemania 32 was 80,709, according to the Arlington Police, a number more than 8,000 higher than 72,265.

It’s unclear how suite attendees may weigh into the numbers for either event.

WWE’s public disclosures of quarterly average attendance (reported both with and without Wrestlemania) put the range for Wrestlemania 32’s paid attendance somewhere between 73,711 and 85,888. WWE famously announced 101,763 attendees, a number Vince McMahon later admitted included “ushers and ticket takers and all of that”. Nonetheless, it’s unclear whether All In 2023 or Wrestlemania 32 had the higher number of ticket sales.

Wrestlemania 3 in Pontiac, Michigan in 1987 is in the conversation, too, for verifiable most-attended pro wrestling events ever — outside of North Korea. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported paid attendance for Wrestlemania 3 was 75,800 and total attendance was about 78,000. Though, if the event was a sell-out, I believe the number could be higher.

The request and response related to All In can be read on whatdotheyknow.com, a website that helps visitors request information from United Kingdom government entities. You can find at least one other case on the site, from 2018, when the same government entity provided an attendance number for an event at Wembley Stadium.

The Brent Civic Centre provides public services for the Brent London Borough, where Wembley Stadium is located.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

In response to a public records request about the attendance for AEW All In on August 27, the Freedom of Information office for the Brent Civic Centre responded today:

“The actual numbers registered entering [Wembley] Stadium through the turnstiles was 72,265 – this is reflective of what attended on the night and not the total number of tickets sold or no-shows etc.”

AEW announced the paid attendance for the event was 81,035, and called it a new worldwide record for pro wrestling.

The final estimate from WrestleTix of tickets distributed for All In was 83,131.

Wrestlenomics was told by a source that a typical AEW event has a drop count (also known as a “turnstile count”) that is about 80% to 90% of the paid attendance or tickets distributed. In this case, 72,265 is 89% of 83,131.

The turnstile count for WWE’s Wrestlemania 32 in 2016 in Arlington, Texas, was higher than All In’s number. The number of fans who entered the building for Wrestlemania 32 was 80,709, according to the Arlington Police, a number more than 8,000 higher than 72,265.

It’s unclear how suite attendees may weigh into the numbers for either event.

WWE’s public disclosures of quarterly average attendance (reported both with and without Wrestlemania) put the range for Wrestlemania 32’s paid attendance somewhere between 73,711 and 85,888. WWE famously announced 101,763 attendees, a number Vince McMahon later admitted included “ushers and ticket takers and all of that”. Nonetheless, it’s unclear whether All In 2023 or Wrestlemania 32 had the higher number of ticket sales.

Wrestlemania 3 in Pontiac, Michigan in 1987 is in the conversation, too, for verifiable most-attended pro wrestling events ever — outside of North Korea. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported paid attendance for Wrestlemania 3 was 75,800 and total attendance was about 78,000. Though, if the event was a sell-out, I believe the number could be higher.

The request and response related to All In can be read on whatdotheyknow.com, a website that helps visitors request information from United Kingdom government entities. You can find at least one other case on the site, from 2018, when the same government entity provided an attendance number for an event at Wembley Stadium.

The Brent Civic Centre provides public services for the Brent London Borough, where Wembley Stadium is located.

The stans will have fun with this. The bolded is likely the answer. The people in the Royale boxes don't enter through the building the same way.

And WrestleTix already showed that more than 80K bought tickets.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So to no surprise to anyone with a brain they lied about the number. 72k is still an incredible number, and they wouldn't be getting clowned right now if they didn't make it about beating the WWE. Whenever you can get 50k and up in one building for your show you should be proud. It was dumb of the WWE to lie about the Mania 32 number, because the real number was outstanding on its own.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This is so fukking stupid :mjlol:

No one clowns WWE, and nobody should btw, when they lie about their numbers but now we gonna have people clutching their pearls on some BU BU AEW LIIIEEEEED :damn:

Stan wars continue to be hilarious, retarded ass fight :dead: