AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I can see it happening, but obviously keep an eye open for WWE to give him a lucrative contract, because I'm getting Gunther vibes from Ospreay.
I just have to wonder how much Endeavor is going to be willing to pay wrestlers given what they did with fighter pay in UFC.

I think they’ll have to offer a bigger contract than what AEW does to make up for relationship built up between Will and AEW and then the lack of freedom to wrestle for New Japan

And Ospreay is going to probably be like top 3 highest paid wrestlers in AEW for ones that don’t have backstage roles/titles (EVP, producer, coach, etc). Hell he’ll probably be getting paid more than even some of them.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Ibushi looked better, but still had some fukkups. Hopefully it’s just a lack of in-ring work over the last 2 years.
Yeah he had slimmed up some but still wasn’t at his peak from an appearance stand point. He used to look like he didn’t have an ounce of body fat on his torso, but you still can’t see clearly refund abs and whatnot.

And he still looked pretty rusty in the ring. Slipped a few times doing rope spots, but it seemed like quite a few people were slipping yesterday. His slips looked far more egregious, more like he’s washed and trying to do stuff he isn’t quite as capable of doing anymore.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I think it’s pretty strong testament for how irrelevant Jack Perry is compared to the Elite that the story of his fight with Punk is getting extremely less attention than the Punk vs. Elite stuff did.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I just have to wonder how much Endeavor is going to be willing to pay wrestlers given what they did with fighter pay in UFC.

I think they’ll have to offer a bigger contract than what AEW does to make up for relationship built up between Will and AEW and then the lack of freedom to wrestle for New Japan

And Ospreay is going to probably be like top 3 highest paid wrestlers in AEW for ones that don’t have backstage roles/titles (EVP, producer, coach, etc). Hell he’ll probably be getting paid more than even some of them.
See like look at this below straight from Ospreay, for example @br82186. That type of emotional connection is very difficult to overcome. Not impossible, just difficult, and puts more hurdles in front of WWE than AEW will have.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
@prophecypro what was the merch situation like?

I haven’t seen anything really mentioned on Twitter good or bad other than AEW said they would be bringing a shyt ton of merch. And one guy I follow came away with like 5 different t-shirts which is about two more than AEW normally has at shows it seems.