Adidas sells more sneakers than Jordan Brand

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
y'all nikkas talking out your damn ass.. like jordan's fell off

lets go over this again. jordan.. a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game since 1998.. and that wizards shyt was not meaningful.. is the THIRD largest US seller of "FOOTWEAR".. basketball, football cleats, jogging, cross training, motherfukking soccer, $40 pair of pieces of shyt, shelltoes, skateboard shoes, slippers. Men's, WOMEN'S, kids... anything that goes on your feet.. they didn't pass them in basketball shoes. they passed them in all shoes vs all shoes

that means the whole entire company of adidas and all the sports they support.. and y'all comparing it to ONLY jordan brand footwear? go on the website and the entire brand has 150 shoes for sale... as a comparison, nike has 1362 not even counting kids.. women's jordan brand has 5 entire shoes... 5!!! that's including all sports, slides, tennis, whatever... 5

the real question is, how in the holy fukk has adidas been losing to them for all this time? how your entire company getting beat out by a basketball brand? and how is Jordan's falling off when they still ruling that piece of the pie

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

lets go over this again. jordan.. a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game since 1998.. and that wizards shyt was not meaningful.. is the THIRD largest US seller of "FOOTWEAR".. basketball, football cleats, jogging, cross training, motherfukking soccer, $40 pair of pieces of shyt, shelltoes, skateboard shoes, slippers. Men's, WOMEN'S, kids... anything that goes on your feet.. they didn't pass them in basketball shoes. they passed them in all shoes vs all shoes

that means the whole entire company of adidas and all the sports they support.. and y'all comparing it to ONLY jordan brand footwear? go on the website and the entire brand has 150 shoes for sale... as a comparison, nike has 1362 not even counting kids.. women's jordan brand has 5 entire shoes... 5!!! that's including all sports, slides, tennis, whatever... 5

the real question is, how in the holy fukk has adidas been losing to them for all this time? how your entire company getting beat out by a basketball brand? and how is Jordan's falling off when they still ruling that piece of the pie

this, the idea of Adidas surpassing Jordan brand is completely misleading.

art barr

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I don't care wat eurocac fashion attire is in at the moment, Retro Js and Timbs will forever be king in the hood. :ahh:

In 5 yrs this Adidas wave gne be over and Jordan still gne be selling out different colorways of the retros like Krispy Kreme on a Saturday. :smugdraper:

Ain't nun like hitting the scene with a fresh pair of OG Js. Hoes hitting u with the :shaq: and the nikkas hitting u with the :birdman: plotting.

Daps
Jordan brand did not drop prices.

They raised prices and are just going through a time they already endured in the early 2000's when retro's were sitting.
That setup the current reseller blitz market of the past ten years boom wise. Right now it is just a cyclical shift and nike and Jordan brand will just ride this sign of the times. Till jordan's rejump jn value just like it did from the early 2000's.

This is a standard shift nike has endured before and people who are green kr new need to just calm down.

Tranquilo....

Art Barr
If a product keeps getting re-released how can it jump in value if the current market supply is clearly ample enough where sales aren't were they use to be? Is MJ going to do something amazing where people will buy these sneakers like they did when he was playing?

You have an age issue here where he loyal fan base is
  1. Has enough of the sneakers already and don't really want to purchase them
  2. Lost interest overall in the brand
It happens breh :yeshrug: markets change and so do people's product demands and interests

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Jordan brand is just going to keep remastering the prior classics with better materials...and they will continue to eat

This Christmas alone is going to be a buffet...Gym Red 11s, Midnight Blue 11s, and a special Taxi 12s drop

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
These are the newest ones. They're ugly. Jordan's stopped looking good after the 14's dropped. And Ironically that was the end of his run with the Bulls.

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-1.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-4.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-5.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-3.jpg

nikka yousa lie,..
These shyt are crazy.
I can't wait for the anthracite in these.

You buggin,....
Easily better than all these adidas shoes dropping or ever to come out too.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If a product keeps getting re-released how can it jump in value if the current market supply is clearly ample enough where sales aren't were they use to be? Is MJ going to do something amazing where people will buy these sneakers like they did when he was playing?

You have an age issue here where he loyal fan base is
  1. Has enough of the sneakers already and don't really want to purchase them
  2. Lost interest overall in the brand
It happens breh :yeshrug: markets change and so do people's product demands and interests

I think you guys are forgetting.
Adidas still does not have an Iconic shoe in the long run to rival nike or jordan brand, long term.
So, like I said,...nike and jordan already lived through this.
Of which I do not see adidas being able to endure and still recreate this fever pitch in sales.
For when they bottom out and have to relaunch to recreate this sales fever again.
Adidas is just having a resurgence because of boost.
Yet, they have yet to make a shoe that is iconic enough to rival jordan when they cool off.
Plus, they will have a cool off as someone will raise the question cosmetically why am I paying 200 for a silhouette not really worth that price point.
Boost just has a high price point to pull up to nike.
They do not have a justified price point that makes sense after they cool.

So that is adidas's dilemma and they have no athlete to keep them relevent.
as an athlete legacy purchase either.
As with any and all street brands, they cool and if the principal endorsee does not remain cool or hot.
They will lose in the long run.
Which is why nike was justified to not sign ye for lucrative deal.
Adidas paid the cost and have their person to act as a short term vehicle.
Yet in the long run, they do not have an athlete.
they need an athlete with an iconic timeless silhouette. Of which adidas has not produced and i do not see them producing
Adidas is juat capitalizing how they always do with casual street wear. Yet they will cool and not be back for twice as long as a jordan retro cool period. Before they come back, and real talk.
Adidas has not been hot since kareem and three stripe suits.

So adidas needs that iconic athlete and consistent silhouette as well.
Of which they have shown they are not good at cultivating.

Art barr

kuts

All Star
Daps
the new jordan xxxii is insane tho...

AJXXXII_Bred_Scissors_TW_hd_1600.jpg

so, we are seeing jordan brand move into doing something different.

people slept on the jordan i space jam and the jordan i ultra which were like the first flyknit jordan i in a royal or space jam motif.

AIR-JORDAN-1-2.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-ultra-high-mens-shoe.png
jordan_844700-001_01.jpg
air-jordan-1-ultra-high-black-collar_ob01sx.jpg

now the black and red aji fly knits are out and super dope, imo.

919704-001-air-jordan-1-flyknit-banned-1.jpg

along with the upcoming jordan xxxii which is crazy!

so, jordan is doing things. it is just that ten year period of jordan boom is over with like it was originally before he came back for the iconic xi. then, retros were dead from 96-2005 or six or so. then the reseller boom occurred in like 2005 - 2006 and ten years past.
to this next down period for retros.

so, this is just part of the cycle. yet this time jordan is doing different things and although i wish they would drop the prices.

they have set it up so that you can get you a pair easier and for great prices if you are patient and shop around.

before the last retro boom you could not get a pair in general unless you had a secret mom and pop that were gen i jordan outfitters.
so, at least now, you can get a pair that you actually like if you look hard enough. it just so happens that jordan is still going to get original retail value in general even if a price drops. yet you can still get a pair for half retail price if you apply yourself as a consumer.

so, jordan fit more into raising the price to cut out the reseller getting all the money and if the shoe flops. then they still get the old retail price of at least 120 they used to get.
after up'n the price point of the jordan i on the jordan ii from 65 to 100 dollars.

it actually is a smart model because you can always get a standard white or black jordan for the low.
when, before you could not find a pair in any color.

so i kinda like what jordan has done when i think about it.
at first i was hoping they would drop the price point to 100 across the board,.
yet they have dropped the price point in the elaborate pricing scheme they have now if you are patient enough.

art barr

Yeah I got a pair of the space jam ultra highs from Footlocker for $79 and left with a huge ass grin on my face.

And the xxxii--man I thought Jordan's were done, but them shyts look years ahead of anything I've seen. They basically made a futuristic Jordan two that somehow mixes retro and luxury with the fifth dimension. Looking at them is like looking through a wormhole to a different Galaxy.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah I got a pair of the space jam ultra highs from Footlocker for $79 and left with a huge ass grin on my face.

And the xxxii--man I thought Jordan's were done, but them shyts look years ahead of anything I've seen. They basically made a futuristic Jordan two that somehow mixes retro and luxury with the fifth dimension. Looking at them is like looking through a wormhole to a different Galaxy.

In two shoe releases Jordan brand has gone super saiyan next level. So, I am totally happy. This light new design direction is a welcome addition.

Art Barr

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Jordan is third in the "athletic shoe" category, not out of every type of shoe.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Been rockin my Js for years and not stopping any time soon.

Only young nikkas in here stanning billion dollar corps that dont pay them a nickel...

Low key this adidas v Nike stanning is getting to be grotesque.