Adidas sells more sneakers than Jordan Brand

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Originally, Adidas was the largest global brand. So, for years they fell off and this is a resurgence from boost. Which they needed and no other shoe company tried to really find a real rival to nike air and the iconic air bubble. So finally a shoe company has their own version of nike air and the iconic air bubble. we are seeing the same type of uptick in sales. That nike got from the creation of nike air and the air bubble. So right now, I look at it as Adidas has done the impossible and got their version of air with boost. So, now it is interesting and i am willing to see what else they can do with boost.

Art Barr

Yes I would agree with that. Boost is definitely the game changer for them and it was put front and center by the Yeezy's for everyone to become aware of it.

However, there's no need for Adidas to separate out the Yeezy numbers because they are small for exclusivity purposes.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Jordan Brand:hhh:

Other than actual Jordan's who is wearing Jordan Brand anything out here:gucci:

That's the thing. Jordan brand been :eat: off re-releasing retro's and was riding that wave for a minute. And they also made sure to keep supplies limited to increase demand.

That wave is over. Now you can cop J's anywhere for a decent price.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing. Jordan brand been :eat: off re-releasing retro's and was riding that wave for a minute. And they also made sure to keep supplies limited to increase demand.

That wave is over. Now you can cop J's anywhere for a decent price.
Well they still eating off of that....it's the rest of the Jordan brand shoes that aren't selling. The lack of exclusivity just stopped all the silly lines for shoes at 11 at night...but retros are still being sought after.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Well they still eating off of that....it's the rest of the Jordan brand shoes that aren't selling. The lack of exclusivity just stopped all the silly lines for shoes at 11 at night...but retros are still being sought after.

These are the newest ones. They're ugly. Jordan's stopped looking good after the 14's dropped. And Ironically that was the end of his run with the Bulls.

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-1.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-4.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-5.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-3.jpg

Edub

Veteran
Daps
These are the newest ones. They're ugly. Jordan's stopped looking good after the 14's dropped. And Ironically that was the end of his run with the Bulls.

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-1.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-4.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-5.jpg

jordan-32-rosso-corsa-release-date-3.jpg
Well yea, I agree that new Jordan's ain't shyt....it's only the retros that are desirable .....(even though these wouldn't be so bad except for that side profile)....but new j's are simply more of the the "other" Jordan brand shoes that are non-coppable.......but the retros will always be marketable imo

BUT TO START WITH FOR THE NEW J's THEY KEEP BRINGING OUT FIRST THING THEY NEED TO STOP DOING IS PUTTING THE JORDAN MAN ON THE SIDE OF THE SHOE.....it only goes on the front and or the back......non stylin dummy designers:gucci:(Fukked that whole side mid-sole up)

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Jordan needs to reinvent itself.
Dropping price and increasing supply killed the brand's value.
They need to go back to that.
On top of that, the retro shyt is down, make a moritorium on any retros coming out for atleast 5 years., you you do make it extremely limited 100 pair or something like that.
They need to actually make shoes for the Jordan Brand athlete and make it mean something.
They need a new Jordan shoe as well, maybe split the brand into game gear and fashion wear.

Jordan eats off of outfitting college bball teams with gear but that heavy reliance on retros has to end at some point. No reason NIKE can’t make the next Jordan flagship shoe look better than everything else but they won’t since you won’t see him playing in them. But if they can come out with fly running/track and field shoes then they can come up with a great looking bball shoe. These days folks are stuck in the pattern of buying retros so there’s no guarantee people (outside of HS/college teams) will give a fukk.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Jordan brand did not drop prices.

They raised prices and are just going through a time they already endured in the early 2000's when retro's were sitting.
That setup the current reseller blitz market of the past ten years boom wise. Right now it is just a cyclical shift and nike and Jordan brand will just ride this sign of the times. Till jordan's rejump jn value just like it did from the early 2000's.

This is a standard shift nike has endured before and people who are green kr new need to just calm down.

Tranquilo....

Art Barr
To you and everyone else, I admit I was wrong on the price. I thought they slightly dropped prices

Jordan eats off of outfitting college bball teams with gear but that heavy reliance on retros has to end at some point. No reason NIKE can’t make the next Jordan flagship shoe look better than everything else but they won’t since you won’t see him playing in them. But if they can come out with fly running/track and field shoes then they can come up with a great looking bball shoe. These days folks are stuck in the pattern of buying retros so there’s no guarantee people (outside of HS/college teams) will give a fukk.
I think he needs to focus on Jordan Brand athletes more, really put the marketing behind them and their shoes for each sport, so when someone is a "Jordan Brand" there is a clear deliniation that this isn't just a nike signed player, this is something special.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think he needs to focus on Jordan Brand athletes more, really put the marketing behind them and their shoes for each sport, so when someone is a "Jordan Brand" there is a clear deliniation that this isn't just a nike signed player, this is something special.

I think they will especially if Melo can get to Houston. They will try to move Jordan into the Chinese market via the Rockets ties there through CP and Melo.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

the new jordan xxxii is insane tho...

AJXXXII_Bred_Scissors_TW_hd_1600.jpg

so, we are seeing jordan brand move into doing something different.

people slept on the jordan i space jam and the jordan i ultra which were like the first flyknit jordan i in a royal or space jam motif.

AIR-JORDAN-1-2.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-ultra-high-mens-shoe.png
jordan_844700-001_01.jpg
air-jordan-1-ultra-high-black-collar_ob01sx.jpg

now the black and red aji fly knits are out and super dope, imo.

919704-001-air-jordan-1-flyknit-banned-1.jpg

along with the upcoming jordan xxxii which is crazy!

so, jordan is doing things. it is just that ten year period of jordan boom is over with like it was originally before he came back for the iconic xi. then, retros were dead from 96-2005 or six or so. then the reseller boom occurred in like 2005 - 2006 and ten years past.
to this next down period for retros.

so, this is just part of the cycle. yet this time jordan is doing different things and although i wish they would drop the prices.

they have set it up so that you can get you a pair easier and for great prices if you are patient and shop around.

before the last retro boom you could not get a pair in general unless you had a secret mom and pop that were gen i jordan outfitters.
so, at least now, you can get a pair that you actually like if you look hard enough. it just so happens that jordan is still going to get original retail value in general even if a price drops. yet you can still get a pair for half retail price if you apply yourself as a consumer.

so, jordan fit more into raising the price to cut out the reseller getting all the money and if the shoe flops. then they still get the old retail price of at least 120 they used to get.
after up'n the price point of the jordan i on the jordan ii from 65 to 100 dollars.

it actually is a smart model because you can always get a standard white or black jordan for the low.
when, before you could not find a pair in any color.

so i kinda like what jordan has done when i think about it.
at first i was hoping they would drop the price point to 100 across the board,.
yet they have dropped the price point in the elaborate pricing scheme they have now if you are patient enough.

art barr