Adam Cole's NXT contract expires after SummerSlam

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So hypothetically AEW would have Punk/Bryan/Cole/Bray/Andrade/Black/Miro/Cody/Jericho/PAC/Christian on top of their non WWE acts who are over like Omega/Darby/Page/MJF/Sammy/Bucks/Cassidy etc not even mentioning the rest of their roster and they're gonna have to fit into 3 hours of TV programming and im supposed to believe nobody will be the odd man out and everybody will be booked to perfection

Everyone you named has other wrestling promotions or other jobs that will have them in and out of AEW. In WWE, if you aren’t used, you have to be backstage in catering. Well Andrade may be in Mexico for a while, Black may do Europe for a while. Mox, Bryan, Jericho will be in NJPW, and so on.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was reading that Cole's current contract pays him main roster money despite him being in NXT.

After seeing how Nick Khan rolls I would think if they wanted to keep Cole they would either move him to the main roster at his same salary or try to cut his pay if he stays in NXT.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is the talk of a WWE fan's narrative. It's ok. It's entertainment. AEW fans are into the wrestling aspect of the business more so than the gimmicks and the promos.

The guy oozes charisma and has been over anywhere he's been.

Nah, that's the talk of ME. And I'm an AEW stan. I don't fukks with Cole. E stans been hyping him up his whole NXT run, and just like before he joined them, solid hand but nothing special imo.

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone you named has other wrestling promotions or other jobs that will have them in and out of AEW. In WWE, if you aren’t used, you have to be backstage in catering. Well Andrade may be in Mexico for a while, Black may do Europe for a while. Mox, Bryan, Jericho will be in NJPW, and so on.

You can't underrate the huge coup which TK was able to pull and that's basically partner up with NJPW/Impact/ROH/AAA etc

Bloated roster or not the, the companies would always be down to use some of that talent. That partnership is rumored to be the reasoning behind Bryan's desicion to sign.

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, that's the talk of ME. And I'm an AEW stan. I don't fukks with Cole. E stans been hyping him up his whole NXT run, and just like before he joined them, solid hand but nothing special imo.

I wasn't a Moxley fan, reason being I don't watch the WWE and didn't know tons about fan, I didn't care for Miro for the same reason yet they've done a great job with both, Miro more so recently. They won't fail with Cole and his wrestling fits in greatly

Edit

And I don't care for Wyatt, never seen him wrestle hence why I'm posting here and not on his mega thread

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
so it's okay if some of them flounder and get overshadowed in AEW cuz they have other companies to fall back on :wow:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
No one wants Cole in AEW. I hope this story ain't true, or he just re-up with the E.

:gucci:

He has Main Event-level programs walking right through the door with The Elite.

He's not leaving WWE/NXT. He's Triple H's golden boy.

Normally I'd agree, but with the amount of bodies Nick Khan has to his name, you can't rule anything out.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
:gucci:

He has Main Event-level programs walking right through the door with The Elite.

Normally I'd agree, but with the amount of bodies Nick Khan has to his name, you can't rule anything out.

Adam Cole is regularly used though, and he doesn't have any issues. The only way he leaves WWE is if Dr. Britt & his boys sway him out of it. But I think he'll probably get a raise from Triple H to keep him there :heh:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I think if Cole and/or Brey come in we are going to see a reduction in their lower card/developmental talent. Danny limelight already signed with MLW and he was featured for like 6 months on dark.