Actors who never really capitalised on their blockbuster success

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The one that stood out to me the most is kate winslet. She snagnated and even went backwards after the monumental success of titanic

Just compare her career arc after titanic to her co star, Di carprio, it's night and day

The other one is Sam worthington who hasn't done much at all since avatar (yes I know it's a franchise) He was actually killing it before avatar but He hasn't done much
else outside of the franchise since

Who are your most notable ones

Sam w tried that Gods franchise and it flopped. Script selection is half the battle. Plus all those Chris dudes were coming up around the same time. Bad luck

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Michael Bein
After Terminator and Aliens, really thought his career would go strataspheric.

Alison Lohman was great in Drag Me To Hell I thought if anything she would at least continue to do horror movies.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
picked the wrong roles and he didn’t capitalize off his GoT fame as much as he really could have

Cuba Gooding.
:snoop:
Beihn had drug issues.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jon Hamm had a super prestige show and was being billed as a potential leading man but he just never got it for whatever reason.
He was supposed to be in Gone Girl but scheduling conflicts with Mad Men kept him out of it. The creator/writer of MM wouldn't let him get the time, he was pissed.
Jon Hamm should have been cast as Batman. He needs to pull for that hard before it’s too late
Too late for that with the current direction.
Josh Hartnet
This is my biggest one. He turned down the roles of Batman, Spiderman, and Superman to do shytty movies that didn't make any money. He wanted to do the Prestige but Nolan went with Bale, who he had picked as Batman.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Luke Perry.

If you was around when 90210 initially dropped it was a huge hit and all of those actors and actresses got pushed to the main stream hard

Luke and Jason Priestly were the main ones. Cacs where going insane for Luke and we’re calling him the next James Dean

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I hate to say it but after that Oscar win, Jamie Foxx just kinda slowly faded away. I mean he had some decent movies here and there but I am forever disappointed in his acting career post 2004

Jamie Foxx and Wayne Brady (among many Black talents) are CRIMINALLY UNDERRRATED

Foxx, in particular, should be bigger than Will Smith, imo.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
White Female

Mentione her before - Nicole Sullivan - Just on MadTV basis - this broad is hilarious. I heard she got blacklisted.
nicole-sullivan-b30a1d9e85364d47b40d7aa4e335cb05.jpg

At least this chick is working, but I naively thought she'd jump into movies, instead of being stuck in TV suburbia

christina-hendricks-65e4b868a23f9.jpg

White Boys

These mf'ers, cot damn...

5ec6d958988ee36d6c13644b

And this dude? He defined cool for white boys while this was on.
You telling me he couldn't be Superman?

MV5BNzg0MzA4MTY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg2MTIwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Now my Black picks (see above for Jamie Foxx and Wayne Brady)

Have you seen Hotel Rwanda?
I'm glad he got his payday, but Cheadle should be spoken of with the same love as Denzel, real talk

MV5BNDMxNDM3MzY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkzOTY4MQ@@._V1_.jpg

This set of brothers makes me want to cry

At least Wallace was able to make some bank....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I hate to say it but after that Oscar win, Jamie Foxx just kinda slowly faded away. I mean he had some decent movies here and there but I am forever disappointed in his acting career post 2004

Honestly...and I'll probably get some push back.

Jamie Foxx should be bigger. Had one of the best Oscar portrayals of all time, and is arguably the most talented man in Hollywood, and still can pass as someone in his mid-late 30's. He chooses bad movies, movies with no real blockbuster potential or ends up as the costar in a movie he's more talented and notable than the people who are the leads in that movie.
Can't agree with this

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Can't agree with this
His most notable films in the last 20 years OUTSIDE of Ray and Collateral have been White House Down, which Olympus Has Fallen kinda swagger-jacked the same concept and ACTUALLY became a viable trilogy, and Django Unchained...which was fire, but was 12 years ago.

You telling me Project Power, Baby Driver, Horrible Bosses, Sleepless, or anything else on his resume in the last 20 years was a blockbuster off of HIS star power alone?

EDIT: Forgot about Dreamgirls.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
His most notable films in the last 20 years OUTSIDE of Ray and Collateral have been White House Down, which Olympus Has Fallen kinda swagger-jacked the same concept and ACTUALLY became a viable trilogy, and Django Unchained...which was fire, but was 12 years ago.

You telling me Project Power, Baby Driver, Horrible Bosses, Sleepless, or anything else on his resume in the last 20 years was a blockbuster off of HIS star power alone?
Everything can't/won't be a 500M leading role, especially when MCU and the IP phenomenon has killed the bankable star of the 90s and 00s.

Based on most of the other actors named he doesn't belong in this category.