ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:rudy:It was a good movie, but top 10 Action film of all time, no. :camby:

LOL the homie @Uncle_Ruckus should've made this a no discussion thread because this shyt is already getting sidetracked with people pointing shyt like that out as opposed to just PUTTING IT ON THEIR OWN LIST

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
LOL the homie @Uncle_Ruckus should've made this a no discussion thread because this shyt is already getting sidetracked with people pointing shyt like that out as opposed to just PUTTING IT ON THEIR OWN LIST

:snoop:I really don't get what is so hard for these guys? Just post your top 10 and see which one of your choices make the final list when it's posted. THEN discuss, argue, debate all you want. Everyone has their own opinion and taste. We all didnt grow up on the same movies and don't think alike.

:leostare:Brehs, are you really that upset people don't remember movies like the last boy scout or hold it in such high ranking? I bet more people would be upset if that movie actually made the final list.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:snoop:I really don't get what is so hard for these guys? Just post your top 10 and see which one of your choices make the final list when it's posted. THEN discuss, argue, debate all you want. Everyone has their own opinion and taste. We all didnt grow up on the same movies and don't think alike.

:leostare:Brehs, are you really that upset people don't remember movies like the last boy scout or hold it in such high ranking? I bet more people would be upset if that movie actually made the final list.

Yeah seriously. You may have to edit that post man. We can bytch and moan at the end of the month right now just let dudes cook with their list and wait until the final list to see what makes the cut and what doesn't. People act like kids

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Sorry but I'm not waiting 30 days+ for someone to call out a list containing Marked For Death, Big Trouble in Little China, Total Recall or fukking
Starship Troopers

Not a chance

:ufdup:

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:birdman: So, what, those action sequences were run of the mill, Steven Segal straight to dvd quality? Come on, there was stuff in that film I've never seen done before. As for the story telling it's an action movie, the action tells the story, if you see a good kung fu fight the choreography and the rhythm of the fight function as narrative.

Oh and character development? :heh: Be realistic, Predator, Commando and Under Siege are all legit top 10s, but the closest they get to developing a character is the predator laugh. The Raid doesn't need all that set up because you already know the score going in, good guys vs bad, just sit back and enjoy the aggressive content.

So you admit the movie had no plot and no character development yet it's still top 10 action of ALL TIME? :what: When watching the movie you feel like you missed the first hour because there is zero story, they just go in a warehouse killing people. How do you know who's bad and good? you have no information on why anybody is doing anything. The swat team is a joke in this movie with how dumb they are. It's an assault on precint 13/ong bank rip off everything you see in the raid has been done in those movies so what's so innovative about it? And you compared this movie to Die Hard :russ:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Sorry but I'm not waiting 30 days+ for someone to call out a list containing Marked For Death, Big Trouble in Little China, Total Recall or fukking
Starship Troopers

Not a chance

:ufdup:

It'll be mid august breh cause...

the rest of august we'll discuss the final list. and just to be sure you guys know the drill....

EDIT: And after @StraxStrax hit me up and made a lot of sense I decided to go back into this post and lay out an important guideline: Rankings. The way we're going to decide the final list and its order will be on a point system:

1=10pts
2=9pts
3=8pts
4=7pts
5=6pts
6=5pts
7=4pts
8=3pts
9=2pts
10=1pt

So each time a flick is ranked in a specific spot, it gets points and the number 1 movie will be the one with the most points.

I threw the idea out there in another thread and it got some traction and as I sit back and watch the latest film for the #movieclub, I figured now was the time to make it official: We need a top 10 film of all time list. Sites have them and we have enough movie knowledge on this board to compile our own official list and here's how we're going to do it:

The list will be put together over the next 2 weeks, just to give everyone time but it's a hard cut off. If you don't have your 10 picks in by July 27, TS for you, and yes I am talking about tethered swimming. Each person will make a list of 10 films and from those lists, a consensus will be made and that will be the official list. You can pick any genre, don't feel constricted. But again, these are the films you think are the best of all time, not necessarily your favorite. E.g., Back to the future is in my top 10 of favorite films of all time, but do I think it's one of the 10 greatest films of all time? No. If you don't think you can make that distinction or if you don't think it's possible, don't make a list. Also, don't feel intimidated by the amount of films you've seen compared with other posters; all cinephiles are created equal and it's not a pissing contest, so just because one poster has seen 250 movies and you've only seen 100, don't back down.

Also, this forum is going to be just for lists...don't give an explanation of why you picked the film and no one come in and start clowning other lists..in fact, there should be no discussion in the thread whatsoever so let's see if we can keep it just to each poster's top 10 list and that's it.

@cook @hexagram23 hopefully you two can sticky this and anyone who wants to help me compile the list by tallying all of this up, let me know. I'm going to tag everyone in the movie club so we can help spread the word or at least get the thread moving. And remember they have to be ranked 1-10.

tumblr_m33v3aUpCE1qlzduwo1_500.gif

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen it in anyone's top 10 list ever except this thread. It's not even a top 50 action movie.. top 100? ok but top 10? :what:

Idk the age group of people posting here but mostly teens love this movie it's more like watching a video game then watching a movie. There is no plot, no character development, nothing.

The 2 on 1 fight scene was cool but the rest of the movie is :trash:

Who cares :heh:?

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
Are we seriously shytting on the raid here? Bruh, it had everything you could ask for in a action movie. Suspense, Action(shyt was raw and breathtaking), Good action choreography. I've never seen a movie like the raid done before and well done at that. Especially that nikka mad dog:wow: He bodied half the damn swat team on his own:damn: and gave rama and his bro that work:blessed: He should've been the main bad guy from the get go.

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we seriously shytting on the raid here? Bruh, it had everything you could ask for in a action movie. Suspense, Action(shyt was raw and breathtaking), Good action choreography. I've never seen a movie like the raid done before and well done at that. Especially that nikka mad dog:wow: He bodied half the damn swat team on his own:damn: and gave rama and his bro that work:blessed: He should've been the main bad guy from the get go.

Nobody is shytting on anything its nowhere near top 10 :dahell: it had no plot, no character development. It's more of a video game then a movie. The main bad guy was lame as hell and the swat team was dumb as hell and so was the ending. And you must have never seen assault on precinct 13 or ong bank. The 2 on 1 fight scene was :krs: :krs:but let's not get carried away here :whoa:

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
So you admit the movie had no plot and no character development yet it's still top 10 action of ALL TIME? :what: When watching the movie you feel like you missed the first hour because there is zero story, they just go in a warehouse killing people. How do you know who's bad and good? you have no information on why anybody is doing anything. The swat team is a joke in this movie with how dumb they are. It's an assault on precint 13/ong bank rip off everything you see in the raid has been done in those movies so what's so innovative about it? And you compared this movie to Die Hard :russ:

Oh so you angry an action movie has goofy plotholes? :heh: That's the nature of the genre playboi, it's spectacle before substance. I'm not loading up Universal Soldier XV expecting a Todd Solondz drama.

You've still failed to address the high quality of the fight scenes in the Raid :ufdup:

It's made by an action fan for action fans, so yeah we can fill in the blanks ourselves, we've been there before.
Also I compared it to Die Hard in the aspect of having a delineated claustrophobic setting, tell me if I'm wrong :wtb:. I put Die Hard as my number 1 because it has the best script of any action movie, ever, but not the best action.

But what we should really be pondering is.....

Why haven't you posted your top 10 breh? :lupe: