Acceptable weight

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I went from 153-170 from December to April it's doable in a shorter span if your a natural ectomorph
Ecto here :mjcry:

I'm stuck at 155...how did you reach the 160's? Even that would be enough for me.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like formulas

I found one I think makes sense

15 + 2.5 * height in inches

5' 10" = 190lbs

5' 5" = 177.5lbs

6' 2" = 200lbs

At those heights there's really no huge benefit in weighing more unless u are Kai Greene or @semtex. Mite vary for some people but I think those are good limits.

This formula - unless I fukked up the quick math in my head - puts me at 210 as an ideal weight. Right now I'm 6'6, 240 and been stuck at this weight for a while now. I know a couple reasons why, and they rhyme with frisky and turban. Got the fitness model upperbody with the brown liquor belly. Even if I cut the drinking out, I wouldn't want to be any slimmer than 225 - shyt seems unhealthy.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I like my current weight which is 165-ish depending on water/carb intake and time of the day. I'm 5'9 1/2 (yeah I claim that half inch don't judge me :yeshrug:) so I don't like to carry too much weight once it gets warm outside. I did a semi-clean bulk from August 2015 til February of this year and went from 165 to about 185 by the beginning of February and got strong as fukk put on some good size but felt kinda fat and my clothes started to fit a little too snug for my liking so I did a lean gains type IF cut and got back down to 165 again & didn't lose too much strength and kept a decent amount of muscle (friends, co-workers & gym acquaintances have all commented on how big and muscular I look so that made me feel better about dropping back to my comfortable weight) so im cool with that :blessed:. I got the top 2 abs to pop but right now my diet isn't strict enough and my genetics arent good enough to prolly ever have a legit six pack but I'm okay with that. Once October/November comes and the weather gets cold, im gonna do a cleaner bulk again & hope to get stronger and do some yoga to improve my flexibility since I've noticed I've lost a bit of that due to my gains. :deadrose:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like formulas

I found one I think makes sense

15 + 2.5 * height in inches

5' 10" = 190lbs

5' 5" = 177.5lbs

6' 2" = 200lbs

At those heights there's really no huge benefit in weighing more unless u are Kai Greene or @semtex. Mite vary for some people but I think those are good limits.
This is a terrible formula. I'm 5ft 10 and no way 190 is ideal. 170-180 is much better, especially accompanied by some lean muscle.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Its not ideal... more of an upper limit. If you are 5' 10" unless u are beast mode no real reason to weigh more than 190 IMO. But as @Walt shows it's not perfect... 210 at 6' 6" will be problematic in cross winds

In a good time period I'm 5'9 195-200. When I factor in age, job responsibilities and personal life. I'm happy there.

Doesn't negate your point.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I just weighed in at 152.2 this morning.

I'm 5'8" (68 inches).

That formula posted above is total bullshyt tho. A person my size shouldn't weigh 185 lbs.

My goal is to get to 160 and I'm set for the rest of my life.
Based on what? Your body isn't a good measure of where everyone else should be.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I mean my goal is to be as lean as I can naturally. Right now I'm lean at 5'7" @ 175 lbs. I'd be happier if it wasn't for this damn anterior pelvic tilt but thats gonna take time to fix.

Its funny recently I have been eating more like I have mentioned and my stepdad coming back from vacation with my mom says to me. "You look like you weigh 10 lbs now"

I'm like :dead:I'm not trying to lose weight. At the end of the day we are all different for me increasing my caloric intake and increasing my fats & carbs on the days that I am active (which is almost everyday during the summer). Will be interesting when the semester starts and I only lift 3 days a week & run if the weather is good once a week.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Based on common sense and observations.

The average guy that's 5'8 has no business weighing 175 lbs unless you're carrying much of it in your lower body.

Dude's with big legs like that aren't common :yeshrug:
:stopitslime: What in the world are you saying. We are all different, I'm 5'7" @ 175 at around 12-15% (closer to 15 I would say) bodyfat and you are telling me I have no business weighing that much. That's some B.S. based on the fact that if I were to lose 10-15 pounds I would either have to be on roids or lose my muscle which is just retarded. The number on the scale is a big load of crap and if you are using BMI that is too.

I'm not saying you are wrong with your goals, but to tell me I have no business at the body that I am at right now is just insulting to say the least.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
This is a terrible formula. I'm 5ft 10 and no way 190 is ideal. 170-180 is much better, especially accompanied by some lean muscle.

The average guy that's 5'8 has no business weighing 175 lbs unless you're carrying much of it in your lower body.

It depends on your body type. I'm 5'10 and i stay btw 185 and 193 and I'm not chunky looking. 185 to 190 is my ideal range.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

It's laughable to think you know everyone well enough to make that blanket staement. Especially when you are using your data.

I'm the average guy and I have no business weighing 175 at 5'9.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
:stopitslime: What in the world are you saying. We are all different, I'm 5'7" @ 175 at around 12-15% (closer to 15 I would say) bodyfat and you are telling me I have no business weighing that much. That's some B.S. based on the fact that if I were to lose 10-15 pounds I would either have to be on roids or lose my muscle which is just retarded. The number on the scale is a big load of crap and if you are using BMI that is too.

I'm not saying you are wrong with your goals, but to tell me I have no business at the body that I am at right now is just insulting to say the least.
Lemme see your legs.

The average 5'7" human don't guy tree trunk legs.

If you're carrying all that weight on your upper body then :ufdup: