AC Odyssey WTF (Epic as fukk)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Copped a cly of weeks ago. It's not a bad game, but holy fukk is it long.

I think I dropped a good 70 hours or so before playing DLC. I was ready to call it a day, but decided to play through the DLC since I paid for it.

I've done the first two chapters of the First Blade DLC, and just started the third one.

If anything, the DLC highlights how disjointed the story is. Literally no one from the main game matters. :mjlol:

Bought this game during the PSN sale and because we are all in lockdown. Last AC game I played was brotherhood, which was my first AC game. This game is fun but it’s overwhelming. Soo much to do and has long load times, also a little buggy and glitchy. I have 77 hours in and I’m not sure where I stand regarding if I’m in the middle or end. But I’m a guy who tries to do as many side quests as possible

It should be long considering it’s an epic odyssey so they have stayed true to that which I love. The game truly is an epic that has me fully immersed.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Moving onto that one next....just finished Origins :wow:

Ok I'm towards the end....but I'm partially thinking "wrap this up"

Idk if it's because I've done about 100 hrs straight of this series, or if it's because the missions aren't varied and are starting to drag a little bit.

Or the fact the games punish you for wanting to stick to the story and not doing side quests to level up.

I've done a bunch of side quests just because I was intrigued but it feels like the game forces you to level grind. There has been at least 3x in the game so far where I couldn't progress because I didn't level up enough before, and that's with doing a plethora of side missions

:francis:

Edit: oh yea.... I love the combat and revamped abities. I thought not having a shield was gonna suck but the parry and dodge system makes up for it big. I like how the main character doesn't take fall damage after a certain level, and also how some of the other things you had to level up in previous games are automatically given to you.

The staff imo is the best weapon type in the game; it is the perfect combo of range power and speed. The over power arrow shot is reckless lol. It might be too overpowered but I'm not mad. I'll spam it in battles I don't feel like wasting time with

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Ok I'm towards the end....but I'm partially thinking "wrap this up"

Idk if it's because I've done about 100 hrs straight of this series, or if it's because the missions aren't varied and are starting to drag a little bit.

Or the fact the games punish you for wanting to stick to the story and not doing side quests to level up.

I've done a bunch of side quests just because I was intrigued but it feels like the game forces you to level grind. There has been at least 3x in the game so far where I couldn't progress because I didn't level up enough before, and that's with doing a plethora of side missions

:francis:

Edit: oh yea.... I love the combat and revamped abities. I thought not having a shield was gonna suck but the parry and dodge system makes up for it big. I like how the main character doesn't take fall damage after a certain level, and also how some of the other things you had to level up in previous games are automatically given to you.

The staff imo is the best weapon type in the game; it is the perfect combo of range power and speed. The over power arrow shot is reckless lol. It might be too overpowered but I'm not mad. I'll spam it in battles I don't feel like wasting time with

Origins and Odyssey are designed to reward you for exploring the map above all else. Once you stick to the regions on your level, you can stay ahead of enemies by 1-2 levels by just exploring and clearing out locations of enemies. If you find yourself region-blocked you just do one main mission and you get the bump you need. Unlocking the sync points to use for fast travel is also a must, the map is huge.

One thing you definitely do early is
head to that Poseidon island between Chios and Samos to get the trident(more importantly, the unlocked Breathe Underwater engraving you can put on anything else).
That makes things a lot easier down the line. I think I headed that way once I opened up Lokris and found you could call your ship to different ports without having to sail all the way around.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Origins and Odyssey are designed to reward you for exploring the map above all else. Once you stick to the regions on your level, you can stay ahead of enemies by 1-2 levels by just exploring and clearing out locations of enemies. If you find yourself region-blocked you just do one main mission and you get the bump you need. Unlocking the sync points to use for fast travel is also a must, the map is huge.

One thing you definitely do early is
head to that Poseidon island between Chios and Samos to get the trident(more importantly, the unlocked Breathe Underwater engraving you can put on anything else).
That makes things a lot easier down the line. I think I headed that way once I opened up Lokris and found you could call your ship to different ports without having to sail all the way around.

Had no clue about the spoiler part lol. I'm level 40 now and am towards the end of the game. I'll do any fort in the area automatically just because they're fun but now I'm strong enough where if I get caught sneaking around I'll just say eff it and clear house. Also just found out that you can throw dead enemies off cliffs by holding shoulder buttons. Would have helped if that was explained earlier in the game smh.

I definitely do every sync point as well as most bounties. Bounties are a quick way to level up and make money

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Had no clue about the spoiler part lol. I'm level 40 now and am towards the end of the game. I'll do any fort in the area automatically just because they're fun but now I'm strong enough where if I get caught sneaking around I'll just say eff it and clear house. Also just found out that you can throw dead enemies off cliffs by holding shoulder buttons. Would have helped if that was explained earlier in the game smh.

I definitely do every sync point as well as most bounties. Bounties are a quick way to level up and make money

:beli:

I was mad as HELL when I found out around level 25, I did it completely by accident. You can use the same mechanic as the bow and arrow. I'd been stashing bodies all over the place when I could have been yeeting them over the walls of the fort. :snoop:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Odyssey was incredible...its among the best gaming experiencing this generation low key. Recruiting nikkas for my ship, exploration, taking peoples hoes, :wow:

I hope they keep going in this direction
Valhalla is going to be crazy :wow:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:beli:

I was mad as HELL when I found out around level 25, I did it completely by accident. You can use the same mechanic as the bow and arrow. I'd been stashing bodies all over the place when I could have been yeeting them over the walls of the fort. :snoop:
Kicking live muhfukas on some THIS IS SPARTA! shyt :russ: I miss Cassandra