#AboutBillions Presents: "Chasing Billions" Broner vs Theophane on Spike TV, April 1st at 9pm et!!!!

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
This time for Adrien Broner, ‘AB’ means ‘About Business’
Mar 16, 2016 By Jason Scavone

Next up for Adrien Broner: Ashley Theophane. After that? Setting up shop outside of the ring and on an iTunes playlist near and dear to your phone.

AdrienBronerBusiness.jpg

Adrien Broner has a record label to tend to after he fights Ashley Theophane on April 1. (Photo by Stephanie Trapp / Mayweather Promotions)

Before he started preparing to face Ashley Theophane on April 1 at the D.C. Armory in the nation’s capital (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET/PT), Adrien Broner was assembling a stable of Cincinnati-area talent for his About Billions record label. It paid dividends in December when Broner signed the label to Rick Ross’s Maybach Music Group, an imprint of Atlantic Records that’s home to the likes of Wale, Meek Mill and French Montana.

About Billions dropped the About Time mixtape, featuring Dae Wun, Big Bern, Young Butta, B. Luck, Prince Bopp and K.I.D. earlier this month.

“We got MMG on our side,” Broner says. “Rick Ross, he's definitely on our side. He's helping us promote and get the brand out there. He comes around, and he's going to help me get some corporate money.

“We just dropped a hell of a mixtape on [the app] MyMixTapez called About Time. We doing big things. Right now, the big focus is this fight April 1.”

It’s not just about the record label, though. Broner just launched an About Billions app for iOS that spotlights everything from his fight schedule and ticket information to his lifestyle documentary About Billions webisodes.

It's no secret that these are just pieces of the puzzle when it comes to Broner’s brand-building. While his side businesses take a back seat to fighting, they’re never completely out of mind, even during camp. If anything, business life gives Broner a chance to engage a side of his personality that the fight game has no room for.

“Boxing is boxing and business is business," Broner says. "When it pertains to boxing you've got to focus and think about 12 rounds and be in shape. But when it pertains to business, you have to stay level-headed. There are certain things you have to do to promote a fight. There are certain things you can say and can't say. With me, I'm always in a no-censor zone. I'll always be me.”

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Top-notch fighters help Robert Easter Jr. prep for 135-pound brawl with ex-champ Algenis Mendez
Mar 21, 2016 By Lem Satterfield

Although Robert Easter Jr. will officially be facing a former champion for the first time in his career when he takes on Algenis Mendez on April 1, the experience will be nothing new in the eyes of the 135-pound prospect.

Robert-Easter_3-16-16.jpg

Robert Easter Jr. tags Miguel Angel Mendoza with a right hand during their June 20 fight in Las Vegas. Easter scored a second-round knockout, one of his four stoppage victories in 2015. (Suzanne Teresa/Premier Boxing Champions)

That’s because Robert Easter Jr. (16-0, 13 KOs) has been preparing for Algenis Mendez (23-3-1, 12 KOs) in Washington, D.C., at the Headbangers Gym of Barry Hunter, trainer of former 140-pound champion Lamont Peterson and his brother, 135-pound contender Anthony Peterson.

Not only has the 25-year-old Easter sparred with both Peterson brothers at Headbangers, but he previously got some ring time with current 140-pound champion and fellow Ohio native Adrien Broner. Easter is supremely confident that working with such quality fighters will serve him well when he meets the 29-year-old Mendez in a scheduled 10-rounder at the D.C. Armory in the nation’s capital (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET/PT). The bout will lead into Broner's 140-pound title defense against Ashley Theophane.

“Those sparring sessions are highly-skilled, world-class work,” says Easter, a native of Toledo, Ohio. “Sometimes, you go head up for 12 rounds straight. All of them know when to bring it, when to box, when to bang.

“You’re getting different looks, styles and have to be sharp and on you’re A-game.”

Easter, who will be gunning for his fifth consecutive stoppage victory when he faces Mendez, says the Peterson brothers are sharpening his game both in and out of the ring.

“They’ve been in this position in the past leading up to their first title fights when they were up-and-coming contenders,” Easter says, “so they always give me pointers after sparring, which is a big help coming from those guys.”

As friendly and helpful as they are to each other in the gym, the sparring sessions are far from casual workouts.

“The other day it was me and Robert. We did 33 minutes straight, no break,” says Anthony Peterson (36-1, 24 KOs), who will be looking for his fourth straight stoppage win against an opponent to be determined on the Broner-Theophane undercard. “It was straight guerrilla style, so much so that you would think that we were beefing with each other.

“Emotions run high, but that’s just the competitive spirit that we need. Blades sharpen blades. We develop a bond with each other. At the end of the day, it’s love.”

Perhaps, but there definitely will be no love lost between Easter and Mendez, the latter of whom is coming off a unanimous-decision victory over former 135-pound champion Miguel Vazquez in October. That was preceded by a sixth-round stoppage of Daniel Evangelista Jr. in February 2015.

Those two victories followed Mendez’s unanimous-decision loss to then 130-pound titleholder (and current 135-pound champ) Rances Barthelemy in July 2014. That bout was a rematch of Mendez's controversial second-round knockout loss to Barthelemy in January 2014, which was later overturned and ruled a no-decision after it was determined that Mendez was hit after the bell.

A 29-year-old Brooklyn resident by way of the Dominican Republic, Mendez certainly hasn’t shied away from tough competition in recent years: His last five opponents had a combined record of 117-10-1. Now he’ll try to deal Easter his first career pro defeat.

Easter, of course, has other plans. After putting in all the long, tough hours sparring with the Peterson brothers, he feels like he’s close to taking that critical step from budding prospect to legit contender—but to do that, he knows he must take care of Mendez.

“Being in with guys like the Petersons, it’s really given me an opportunity to get well prepared and ready for this fight,” says Easter, who went 4-0 last year, all stoppage victories, the most recent a third-round TKO of Juan Ramon Solis in October. “With the Mendez fight, I’m going to truly prove that I belong up there with the elite.

“I’m going to go in there, do what I do best and get this guy outta there. I can make it look easy.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
boxingscene.com
Mayweather on Broner: In His Two Biggest Fights, He Came Up Short
by David P. Greisman

By Edward Chaykovsky

Retired former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. has once again criticized the behavior and antics of close friend Adrien Broner.

Mayweather, now a full-time promoter, has one of his fighters - Ashley Theophane - challenging Broner for the WBA junior welterweight title on April 1 at the DC Armory in Washington, DC.

Broner's recent video that was posted to the internet showed the boxer inside of a Wallmart, where he threw money all over the floor after getting his change - sarcastically telling the cashier that he's too rich to accept any change.

mayweather%20broner%20%283%29_2.jpg

Mayweather believes these types of antics are only hurting Broner's career. The former five division champion has tried to mentor Broner over the years, but his advice is falling on deaf ears.

"I think fighters hurt themselves sometimes. Someone showed me the clip of Adrien Broner the other day. He was in Walmart and what was so crazy about the video when I looked at it, it kind of hurt my feelings. The person gave him his change back, I guess he had bought something and he threw the money or the change up in the air like, "Why are you giving me change back? You don't know who I am?" Actually, a lot of people in the store didn't know who he was. They was looking like, "Who are you?," stated Mayweather to Fighthype.com.

"And then, it's so crazy, if you're at such a high status and you reached a certain level, you're supposed to have people going to Walmart for you. You go to places like Walmart to save money. Of course you got to realize this, he's still young and he's still learning, but before you know it, it's going to be too late. I mean, I didn't really understand it. At the end of the day, he's hurting himself; he's not helping himself. He has a lot to learn. He has a lot to learn."

Mayweather feels Broner's behaviour has affected his progression as a fighter. Although Broner has captured four world titles in four weight divisions, the opponents were not of the same caliber as those that were beaten by Mayweather.

"By the time I was his age, I was a much bigger star. I fought a lot better competition than he's fought, you know; not knocking him, you know, because he only can fight who they put in front of him. I mean, his two biggest fights were against Shawn Porter and Maidana, right, and he came up short. I think he won a world title like, what they say, 3 or 4 times. I know he won one against Paulie Malignaggi, but I don't know who else he won a title from," Mayweather said.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Is it true the odds for this fight is 50/1 :bryan:

Yep via Bovada's odds (which are the odds I always go by). Lowest odds I see in Broner's favor is 30/1.

This is Devon - Aron martinez all over again lol...if I was a gambling man :lolbron: I'd put a little scratch on Theophane and/or a little on a draw

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
This is Devon - Aron martinez all over again lol...if I was a gambling man :lolbron: I'd put a little scratch on Theophane and/or a little on a draw

Broner aint losing this fight:yeshrug:

And he got extra incentive because of Floyd running his mouth......again:demonic:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ashley Theophane: Mayweather has always believed I can beat Broner
By Bad Left Hook and fighthub on Mar 23, 2016, 9:00a +

Ashley Theophane discusses his upcoming fight with Adrien Broner, and Floyd Mayweather's longstanding belief that he would win this fight.

TweetShare on Twitter ShareShare on Facebook PinPinterest + Comments

On Adrien Broner's personality

"He's always been outrageous. That's what he does. He does things he shouldn't do. I'm not really like that. The two guys he lost to, Shawn (Porter) and Marcos Maidana, very respectful guys. I'm just trying to follow suit and be the way we should be. Don't be disrespectful. If he wants to do that, that's up to him, but I ain't trying to do that."

On what he'll feel like waking up as world champion

"That's why all boxers turn pro, they want to be world champions. I have to thank Floyd for this opportunity. Floyd believes I can beat him. It's gonna feel great the morning after, when I do become world champ, because it's been a hard road, there's been ups and downs. My career shows that if you believe in yourself and you never give up, you will get your opportunity, then it's up to you to take it."

On attacking Broner with pressure and punch output

"You've got Shawn, you've got Marcos, there's even Paulie, like, Paulie had a great punch output. You just have to be working. He's got skills, he's very good. But as long as -- he hasn't really stopped no one, he had a stoppage his last fight, but since he's moved up from lightweight, he hasn't really looked great. I just feel I'll be able to match him on fight night. I know I'm the big underdog, I'm not given a chance to win. But camp has gone great. It couldn't have gone any better than it has. And I really believe that we are gonna be world champion. Me and my team are gonna prove the doubters wrong."

On whether or not it's a personal fight

"Well, he said F TMT a few months back. He's been saying stuff. What he said is real, because at the end of the day, Floyd is my promoter, he's backing me to win. Nate is my coach, he's backing me to win. We've been putting in the work. Nate believes I'm gonna win, I believe I'm gonna win. It just became real. ... It was more motivation the next day to come back to the gym. The guys, they watched me spar, they could tell he motivated me more. It's all good. He can talk. But on fight night, we have to fight. He said he's gonna stop me within four rounds. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Because I ain't goin' nowhere. I'm gonna be there in the 12th round."

On how much better he's gotten in recent years

"I've been improving. I'm winning fights. Mayweather Promotions believed in me from the very start. ... I've improved with Nate, I've improved being around Floyd and watching Floyd. You have to improve. You're around Floyd, the best fighter of all time, you have to improve. It's been great. He's inspired me, he's motivated me, and we are two weeks away from the big date."

On Mayweather's belief in him putting extra pressure on

"At the end of the day, I've always believed in myself. Floyd believes in me like I believe in me. From the first time we sparred, about two and a half years ago, he told me then that he believes I can beat AB. Then we sparred again for his Berto camp, and he told me again. So he saw within those two years, I haven't slipped. ... It's always been in Floyd's mind, but it's about doing it at the right time, and this is the right time."

Ashley Theophane: Mayweather has always believed I can beat Broner

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio your brehs all over this card breh:whoo::obama:

Anthony Peterson Battles Ghanaian Olympian Samuel Neequaye & Super Middleweight Contender J’Leon Love Faces Michael Gbenga On Friday, April 1
PostDateIcon.png
March 23rd, 2016 | Post FB Comment - No Comments »

WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 23, 2016) – Lightweight contender Anthony Peterson (36-1, 24 KOs) looks to show off in his hometown when he battles Ghanaian Olympian Samuel Neequaye (22-1, 15 KOs) in a 10-round bout on Friday, April 1 at the DC Armory in Washington, D.C.

The April 1 event features a Premier Boxing Champions on Spike tripleheaderwhich is headlined by four-division world champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner taking on British contender Ashley “The Treasure” Theophane with televised coverage beginning at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.

Additional action inside the ring features 168-pound contender J’Leon Love (21-1, 11 KOs) in a 10-round bout against Nigeria’s Michael Gbenga (17-24, 16 KOs).

Further undercard attractions will see a trio of D.C. natives enter the ring as 23-year-old middleweight prospect Demond Nicholson (16-1, 16 KOs) faces Ghana’s Joshua Okine (22-4, 15 KOs) in an eight-round bout, 20-year-old unbeaten welterweight Kareem Martin (7-0-1, 3 KOs) in a six-round bout against Somner Martin (5-1, 3 KOs) and 21-year-old Patrick Harris (8-0, 5 KOs) in a six-round lightweight bout against Ghana’s Samuel Amoako (21-8, 15 KOs).

Rounding out the action is 24-year-old Shyngyskhan Tazhibay (2-0, 2 KOs) out of Kazakhstan but training out of Washington, D.C., who will face 23-year-old Georgia-native Riarus Dudley (2-0-1, 2 KOs) in a four-round welterweight showdown.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by About Billions Promotions and Mayweather Promotions in association with HeadBangers Promotions, are priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, and are on sale now. To purchase tickets visit: www.ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster locations, or call (800) 745-3000.

The brother of former world champion Lamont Peterson, the 31-year-old Peterson hopes to soon make a name for himself in a world title fight. Owner of wins over Daniel Attah, Dominic Salcido, Mike Oliver and Marcos Leonardo Jimenez, the Washington, D.C. product is looking to win his seventh consecutive fight when he enters the ring in his hometown. He takes on Neequaye out of Ghana who now trains in Maryland. He represented Ghana at the 2008 Olympics and most recently defeated Eugenio Lopez.

A once-beaten contender at 168-pounds, the 28-year-old Love bounced back from his lone defeat to dominate Scott Sigmon in March, Jason Escalera in June and Marcus Upshaw in September to get himself back in the world title mix. The Inkster, Michigan native owns wins over Marco Antonio Periban, Derrick Findley and Lajuan Simon on his way to contender status. He takes on the Nigerian-born Gbenga who defeated Marcus Vinicius de Oliveira in February.

Anthony Peterson and J'Leon Love in action on April 1

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm finally interested in this fight now that AB and Floyd are beefing. Hopefully they don't hug it out before April 1st because I really want to see Broner act a fool in his post-fight interview.

Me too.

If the plan is to have Floyd vs Broner pop off, Broner needs to embarrass Ashley Theophane and stop him....then call out Floyd in the post fight interview to set up a fight for Mexican Independence Day:blessed:

I just want the w, I personally don't care if it's a 7-5 SD win for Broner as long as we win:smugbiden:, but if he wants to get that buzz back to the sky high levels it was with the casuals, he's gonna have to dominate Theophane and call out Floyd.:yeshrug: