#AboutBillions Presents: "Chasing Billions" Broner vs Theophane on Spike TV, April 1st at 9pm et!!!!

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner vs Ashley Theophane

Being a four-time titleholder, Adrien Broner certainly knows what it’s like to have a world championship in his possession. He also knows what it’s like to see it slip from his grip.

The latter feeling is one he doesn’t intend to experience ever again.

For the first time since capturing a 140-pound crown late last year, Broner (31-2, 23 KOs) will return to the ring April 1 when he takes on veteran Ashley Theophane (39-6-1, 11 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round bout from the DC Armory in Washington, D.C. (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

From November 2011 to June 2013, Broner won world titles at 130, 135 and 147 pounds during a scintillating six-fight stretch in which he knocked out his first five opponents before stealing multi-division champ Paulie Malignaggi’s 147-pound crown with a split-decision win.

Although he successfully defended his 130- and 135-pound titles multiple times, Broner went one-and-done at 147, losing his championship and his perfect record in a lopsided unanimous decision to Marcos Maidana in December 2013.

After the defeat, Broner dropped down to 140 and ripped off three consecutive victories before a disappointing, 12-round unanimous-decision loss to Shawn Porter in June. “The Problem” quickly rebounded, though, scoring a 12th-round TKO victory over Russian foe Khabib Allakhverdiev on October 3. With that win in his hometown of Cincinnati, the 26-year-old Broner captured a vacant 140-pound belt.

Now he’ll put it on the line against Theophane, who is riding a six-fight winning streak that dates to December 2013. Most recently, the 35-year-old London native defeated Steve Chambers by 10-round unanimous decision on September 12 in Las Vegas, where Theophane now resides.

While this will mark Broner’s ninth world championship fight, it’s the first time since turning pro nearly eight years ago that Theophane will get a title shot.

“It’s been a long journey,” Theophane said. “I want to be the best I’ve ever been [against Broner]. I want to fight the fight of my life on April 1. … If you have a dream, you have to work hard to make it come true, and that’s what I’m here to do.”

As far as Broner is concerned, though, Theophane will have to fulfill his dream another time against another foe.

“This training camp, I’ve really been perfecting my craft,” he said. “This is going to be the best performance of my career. It’s going to be a highlight-reel performance.

“I’m not coming to just get a win. This fight isn’t going four rounds. That’s too many. This is going to be quick. I’m not playing.”

Robert Easter Jr vs Algenis Mendez

Since turning pro in late 2012, Robert Easter Jr. has proven that he’s a very skilled fighter who packs a wallop of a power punch. Just one small issue: He’s proven it against wildly overmatched competition.

That all changes April 1, when Easter (16-0, 13 KOs) begins the “step-up” phase of his career in a 135-pound showdown against former world champion Algenis Mendez (22-3-1, 13 KOs) at the D.C. Armory in Washington, D.C. The scheduled 10-rout bout will precede the Premier Boxing Champions main event in which Adrien Broner makes the first defense of his 140-pound crown against Ashley Theophane (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

Easter, who was an alternate on the 2012 U.S. Olympic team, is coming off a spectacular 2015 in which he stopped all four of his opponents, each of whom had at least 28 career fights under his belt. In a span of less than eight months, Easter dusted Alejandro Rodriguez (second-round TKO, March 7); Miguel Angel Mendoza (second-round KO, June 20); Osumanu Akaba (sixth-round TKO, August 28); and Juan Ramon Solis (third-round TKO, October 3).

“This fight is another stepping-stone for me toward a world title,” Easter said. “It's a blessing to be on a card like this, and I’m very excited for the opportunity. I’m going to bring my style and true boxing skills to the ring, and put on a great show.”

Mendez last year rebounded nicely from his hard-fought, 12-round unanimous decision loss to 130-pound champion Rances Barthelemy in July 2014. The 29-year-old from Brooklyn, New York, by way of his native Dominican Republic scored a sixth-round stoppage of Daniel Evangelista Jr. in February 2015, followed by an impressive unanimous decision over veteran Miguel Vazquez in October.

Mendez’s career moment came in March 2013, when he earned a fourth-round knockout of Juan Carlos Salgado to claim a 130-pound world title. That victory avenged a 2011 unanimous decision loss to Salgado for a vacant world championship.

Having competed in five title fights, Mendez—who represented the Dominican Republic in the 2004 Olympics—will certainly have experience on his side in this contest. However, the 25-year-old Easter will have significant advantages in youth, height (5-foot-11 vs. 5-foot-9) and reach (76 inches vs. 71 inches).

None of those things concern Mendez, though.

“I can’t wait to get in the ring,” he said. “I’m a different fighter than two years ago when I lost to Rances Barthelemy. Easter is long and tall, he’s a good fighter, but he hasn’t fought anyone near my caliber, and I think his style sets up well for me. It will be a good fight between two talented fighters.

“When the fans see Easter get counted out by the ref, don’t think it’s an April Fools’ joke. It will be the real thing.”

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
im no fan of broner but ashley needs to take several seats....he was outclassed by cano..badly..and it wasn't no split decision like how one judge had it..shyt was almost a clean sweep of asswhooping for cano lol

This is the same Pablo Cano that lost to Shane :damn:Mosley

This should easy work for AB if he stay busy

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ashley Theophane prepares for ‘war’ against Adrien Broner

Ashley Theophane will face Adrien Broner on April 1

ashley-theophane.jpg

Esaiah Gomez /Mayweather Promotions/Premier Boxing Champions

ggigney.jpg

Read more articles by George Gigney
FacebookTwitterRedditLinkedInWhatsAppGoogle+PinterestTumblrFlipboardShare

Follow

ASHLEY THEOPHANE knows what he must do when he fights WBA world super-lightweight champion Adrien Broner on April 1.

The Las Vegas-based Londoner is a heavy underdog with the bookmakers against Broner, but is well aware of how he needs to approach the fight.

Broner has predicted he will finish Theophane inside four rounds, but the challenger has other ideas.

The focus is to go in there and outwork him on fight night,” he said.

“At the end of the day I have to set the pace. I can’t go out there and outbox him because he’s got tremendous skill and speed. So I have to be able to go out there and outwork him and make it a war.

“When he sees that I’m still there in round 5, he’s going to start to get worried. My whole thing on fight night is to work and bring a war.”

Theophane is on a six fight winning streak since dropping a split decision to Pablo Cesar Cano in 2013. Similarly questionable decision reverses to Darren Hamilton and Danny Garcia mar his CV but Ashley feels those experiences have brought him to this point.

“As a boxer, you want to fight the best, and you want these big nights,” he mused.

“For me, it’s been a hard road to get to this point, and I’m actually looking forward to fight night because I know it’s going to be a very hard fight, and I know in order for me to win I have to be at my best, and that’s what I have prepared for.

“I’ve been sparring a lot of strong young men in camp; a lot of guys who many believe will be future stars of boxing, and I’ve been doing very well, so I’m more than ready. It’s just a matter of counting down the days now.

“My career shows that if you believe in yourself and never give up, you will get your opportunity. At that point, it’s just up to you to take it.”

Ashley Theophane prepares for 'war' against Adrien Broner -

Ashley Theophane prepares for 'war' against Adrien Broner -

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Photos/Quotes: Theophane, Love Media Workout
Posted by Press Release on Friday, March 18, 2016 · Leave a Comment

LAS VEGAS (March 18, 2016) – 140-pound contender Ashley “The Treasure” Theophane and super middleweight contender J’Leon Love hosted a Las Vegas media workout Thursday as they prepared for their respective showdowns on Friday, April 1 from the DC Armory in Washington, D.C.

Theophane takes on super lightweight world champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike beginning at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT. Love will compete in a non-televised undercard attraction.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by About Billions Promotions and Mayweather Promotions in association with HeadBangers Promotions, are priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, and are on sale now. To purchase tickets visitwww.ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster locations or call (800) 745-3000.

Theophane and Love held court at the Mayweather Boxing Club as they went discussed their upcoming showdowns with media.

Here is what the fighters had to say Thursday:

ASHLEY THEOPHANE

“The focus is to go in there and outwork him on fight night. At the end of the day I have to set the pace. I can’t go out there and outbox him because he’s got tremendous skill and speed. So I have to be able to go out there and outwork him and make it a war.

“When he sees that I’m still there in round 5, he’s going to start to get worried. My whole thing on fight night is to work and bring a war.

“As a boxer, you want to fight the best, and you want these big nights. For me, it’s been a hard road to get to this point, and I’m actually looking forward to fight night because I know it’s going to be a very hard fight, and I know in order for me to win I have to be at my best, and that’s what I have prepared for.

“I’ve been sparring a lot of strong young men in camp; a lot of guys who many believe will be future stars of boxing, and I’ve been doing very well, so I’m more than ready. It’s just a matter of counting down the days now.

“My career shows that if you believe in yourself and never give up, you will get your opportunity. At that point, it’s just up to you to take it.

“I feel I will be able to match him come fight night. I know I’m the big underdog, I know I’m not being given the chance to win, but I really believe we are going to prove the doubters wrong and be world champ come April 1.

“It just became real to be in the same place with him [Broner] at the press conference. It was more motivation to come back in the gym. Once we got back, the guys here at the gym saw me sparring the next day and said they can tell he had motivated me. He can talk, but on fight night, we have to fight. He said he’s going to stop me in 4 rounds, so I’ll be looking forward to seeing that because I’m not going anywhere. I’m going to be there for the whole 12 rounds.

“Mayweather Promotions believed in me from the very start and they flew with me in the deep end. I have improved from being around Floyd, and watching him. You have to improve with being around him-the best fighter of all time-you have to improve.”

J’LEON LOVE

“Training has been great; I’m healthy, I’m focused, my weight is not bad, I can’t complain. I actually took a week off in September of last year, and have been right back in the gym. We’ve been training ever since for 5 or 6 months now, so we were already ahead.

“This guy [Gbenga], despite his record, has been in the ring more times than me, so he is a lot more experienced. He can survive, or do little things that can upset my game plan, but at the same time, I’ve been there done that, and just ready to showcase my talent.

“Every fight is important, whether it’s the first couple of fights, or now. To me, this is a stay busy fight-stay busy, showcase my talent, look impressive, and show that we’re ready for a world title. Not just fight for a world title, but win a world title. Be a world champion. Continue to reach different levels in the game.

“I’m hungry, I feel like this is already written for me. I didn’t make it this far for nothing, or to be a contender. For a world championship fight, I’m going to definitely seize the moment so I’m going to go out there and do what I do best, and that is to fight.

“I’m a pretty slick fighter, very smart fighter, so I’ve dissected him already and he makes a lot of mistakes. I think he’ll fall into the trap, and I feel like I will get him out of there. I’m very confident in my training and my ability.”

Photos From Dave Nadkarni/PBC & Esaiah Gomez/Mayweather Promotions

Photos/Quotes: Theophane, Love Media Workout | BadCulture.net | By Jeandra LeBeauf

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Love is trash, he showing all types of struggle sparring against Neiky Holzken who switched over from kickboxing to train with Jeff Mayweather for his boxing career

Saw that too Nieky a helluva kickboxer and probably pound 4 pound best but :francis: