ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Premise has promise. Some of the jokes are obvious and fall flat but some work; just like most pilots. Once the show finds its footing it could be dope. The title needs to go tho. We're due for a show exploring the black experience in 2014 that isn't a reality show or the game or some other BET sitcom. My only issue with it is that it's on nbc so the chances of it making it past episode 5 are slim. That network can't draw a dime

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe I just don't watch enuff TV but it seem like we got too many shows where nikkas in the suburbs,succesful:patrice:...And believe me I hate saying that cuz it might sound bad but I don't give a shyt...Whats wrong with shows where nikkas just posted up in the hood,regular azz highschool graduates/GED recepients with regular azz jobs:pachaha:....Where nikkas facing harsh realites:banderas:....But that's not the main focus of the show and the humor not watered down so not to scare away whites who might wanna tune in:wtb:....it seem like the focus now from what I seen is either "ooooh im so hood,look how hood I am yall" comedy, or "Look were lawyers,doctors,breaking all the stereotypes you used to see on tv" comedys....but u cant win for losing,if the show was about a family in the projects alotta these nikkas that's scared white people might be watching would cry about how its c00nin to show black people working minimum wage jobs on tv and not being stressed out about it:manny:...ill probably check it out,if its funny its funny.

Breh dudes like Anthony Anderson and Laurence fishburne aren't going to make that show. I hear you but a show about blacks in the projects won't happen because most the black actors with the clout to go into a network with an idea don't want that idea especially when they're so far removed from it. Most blacks at least the ones I know, want to see success on tv and film and find the struggle in that as opposed to showing us being on the fringes all the time, fighting for whatever crumbs we can get. We've come a long way since good times and while we still aren't where we need to be, it's good to show a generation that you can aim high. And a show about being black in America in 2014 has potential because we have lost a lot of our culture and structure

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
I dont understand why some of yall have a problem with this. shyt looks legit funny and its on one of the prime time networks so I will try and watch to show support just cause of the lack of quality black shows on TV.

Oh wait yall nyggas waiting on Real Housewives Of Brownsville and Love And Hip Hop Compton:upsetfavre:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think it looks bad; the trailer was mildly amusing actually.
Plus I think ABC is high on it since it was given the 9:30 on Wednesday slot behind Modern Family.

I do think the new ABC series about a Chinese immigrant family moving to Orlando in the 90s looks a little funnier.

ABC is going for the diversity crown next season with the number of new shows with minorities in lead roles.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dont understand why some of yall have a problem with this. shyt looks legit funny and its on one of the prime time networks so I will try and watch to show support just cause of the lack of quality black shows on TV.

Oh wait yall nyggas waiting on Real Housewives Of Brownsville and Love And Hip Hop Compton:upsetfavre:

:beli::deadrose:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
wtf3.gif
This maybe on of the best gifs ever

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk were they thinking, AAs in the burbs? :what:

Of course it's not going to work. obviously it needs to be in the projects, with one twerker daughter, and a son struggling to graduate, have him on the basketball team with an older brother who's in prison for double murder, no father in the series, and a mother working 2 jobs. This show is unrealistic, look at the replies here. Even they know. :heh:

goddamn your fukking stupid

The Cosby Show and Fresh Prince were well off blacks, the difference is they weren't making a fool out of themselves for being black

look at the son's african garb look like it got slices of watermelon printed on it

the name of the show is called black-ish, come on man

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
goddamn your fukking stupid

The Cosby Show and Fresh Prince were well off blacks, the difference is they weren't making a fool out of themselves for being black

look at the son's african garb look like it got slices of watermelon printed on it

the name of the show is called black-ish, come on man
These shows worked in the 80s, you muppets are so lost now, that both shows would flop just as hard as this one. This show is proof of that. And no, I don't see watermelon.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
These shows worked in the 80s, you muppets are so lost now, that both shows would flop just as hard as this one. This show is proof of that. And no, I don't see watermelon.

Shut the fukk up why would they flop when those shows are still superior till this day

Fresh Prince came out in the 90's for one

and its about the presentation, this show as zero class

and what the fukk do mean by "you muppets"