ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All parties involved just have to know this has ZERO chance of staying on the air...like i don't see how this avoids a mid-season cancellation unless they have a player ass time slot...it's fukked up too because that's a pretty star studded cast for a black tv show and i've been fukking with fishbourne since he was Dap in school days...don't see why him and anthony anderson would throw their name behind what would seem to be a fairly obvious failure...I could be wrong but it's tough getting non black demos to watch black shows and I just don't see this turning into event television for black folks...but i guess we'll see

true. but i'll still watch. gotta support our own.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outside of the name I don't see what the big deal is

Some of y'all nikka hate just because, at least give some reasons why

Maybe I just don't watch enuff TV but it seem like we got too many shows where nikkas in the suburbs,succesful:patrice:...And believe me I hate saying that cuz it might sound bad but I don't give a shyt...Whats wrong with shows where nikkas just posted up in the hood,regular azz highschool graduates/GED recepients with regular azz jobs:pachaha:....Where nikkas facing harsh realites:banderas:....But that's not the main focus of the show and the humor not watered down so not to scare away whites who might wanna tune in:wtb:....it seem like the focus now from what I seen is either "ooooh im so hood,look how hood I am yall" comedy, or "Look were lawyers,doctors,breaking all the stereotypes you used to see on tv" comedys....but u cant win for losing,if the show was about a family in the projects alotta these nikkas that's scared white people might be watching would cry about how its c00nin to show black people working minimum wage jobs on tv and not being stressed out about it:manny:...ill probably check it out,if its funny its funny.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If it makes it two seasons then I'll start watching. I doubt this makes it one.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Maybe I just don't watch enuff TV but it seem like we got too many shows where nikkas in the suburbs,succesful:patrice:...And believe me I hate saying that cuz it might sound bad but I don't give a shyt...Whats wrong with shows where nikkas just posted up in the hood,regular azz highschool graduates/GED recepients with regular azz jobs:pachaha:....Where nikkas facing harsh realites:banderas:....But that's not the main focus of the show and the humor not watered down so not to scare away whites who might wanna tune in:wtb:....it seem like the focus now from what I seen is either "ooooh im so hood,look how hood I am yall" comedy, or "Look were lawyers,doctors,breaking all the stereotypes you used to see on tv" comedys....but u cant win for losing,if the show was about a family in the projects alotta these nikkas that's scared white people might be watching would cry about how its c00nin to show black people working minimum wage jobs on tv and not being stressed out about it:manny:...ill probably check it out,if its funny its funny.
:dwillhuh: & :snoop: @ the bolded

How about we just support our people instead nitpicking and looking for reasons to hate :snoop:

Let some white boy make a stereotypical show about nikkas in the hood selling drugs, killing other nikka, etc and y'all would be all in but black people make a show and of course y'all hate it without even giving it a shot SMH

Last edited:

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Successful Black father, who's happily married to his black wife, trying to get his kids to not forget where they come from. Also, old school black grandpa is around.

The kids don't have crack head ass parents like Bernie Macs show and the father can actually read unlike DLs show.

I'm a fan of black fatherhood, so I'm giving this a chance.

Edit:

And...it's a comedy. Relax.