ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isn't Tracee Ellis Ross biracial in reality?

EDIT: She's half-Jewish
Tracee Ellis Ross clearly looks biracial.
I know Tracee Ellis Ross is biracial...her mom is Diana Ross and her dad is some old Jewish guy; that doesn't change the fact that she is barely a shade lighter than Laurence Fishburne so the jokes about how light-skinned she is fell flat.
Those jokes would have made more sense with someone like Lisa Bonet or the chick who played her sister on The Cosby Show.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I know Tracee Ellis Ross is biracial...her mom is Diana Ross and her dad is some old Jewish guy; that doesn't change the fact that she is barely a shade lighter than Laurence Fishburne so the jokes about how light-skinned she is fell flat.
Those jokes would have made more sense with someone like Lisa Bonet or the chick who played her sister on The Cosby Show.

Tracee Ellis Ross clearly has anglo features.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:what:
She's clearly light-skinned by any black persons definition

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
the dynamic of non-white vs. white co-workers in the workplace (the part about saying hi to all the black people in the predominantly white workplace and it being like a little club was dead on :mjlol:)

This part had me dying. The slow-motion pound with the janitor and how proud everyone was looking reminded me of any time that I've worked at a school in the city. Lunch ladies, secretaries, and all the older black folk are like :obama: :myman: and I give them the :youngsabo::salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tracee Ellis Ross clearly has anglo features.
:what:
She's clearly light-skinned by any black persons definition
No shyt. I am biracial so I don't need a refresher course on what a mixed black and white person looks like. I am just saying she is not so light that jokes about her complexion make any sense at all especially not when Laurence Fishburne is on this show too and he is damn near the same complexion as Ross. Talking about her pigment came off as tone deaf.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
black folks are funny.

I'm glad that the outrage has calmed down now that folks see it's just a regular sitcom. These smart dumb nikkas kill me.

Oh you mean cats on the internet jumping to conclusions with little evidence to support said conclusions even when the actual evidence proved to be contrary to their assumptions? :sas1: