ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have no verdict on the show. But he acts way too much like Kevin Hart. The way he talks is just too similar.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Episode was good and Fishburne is great in his role, i laughed when he said "could've made it a priority, didn't". Tracee's story was very realistic, women always assume they're the better parent when they're just as flawed as the dad.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
don't usually watch comedies, but I made it a point to catch this tonight. Extremely entertaining for the 2nd week in a row.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
LOL. Not one reference to blackness at all tonight. Just a family, whom happens to be black, going through basic sitcom tropes. :ehh:

yeah I think that was by design. Nothing "black-ish" about this episode. Maybe they did it to show that the show will be more diverse than ppl expect

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Damn I loved this episode. The two little kids are scene stealers. The little girl plays the smart sister getting her little brother in some bullshyt perfect. A nice Tommy and Angelica vibe, but she's not his nemesis. They could have some fun moments.

Gives me a cool little glimpse of having a few youngins of my own some day. That's what sitcoms are supposed to do :mjcry:

We might have one brehs :wow:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Damn I loved this episode. The two little kids are scene stealers. The little girl plays the smart sister getting her little brother in some bullshyt perfect. A nice Tommy and Angelica vibe, but she's not his nemesis. They could have some fun moments.

I got a Phil and Lil vibe from them, especially when they mentioned they are twins. They do have the potential to steal scenes.

Anyone who was worried about black issues being at the forefront of every episode, don't have to worry. Everything in this episode was typical family sitcom stuff. I found it to be okay, the jokes could have been sharper especially in the father/son stuff. Could have done w/out them taking off their shirts too :huhldup:

I found the mother/daughter storyline funnier and Traci Ellis Ross is so :ohlawd:. The actress who plays the older daughter is pretty, no :sitdown::whoa:. Fishburne has some funny lines too.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched both episodes. I agree with someone earlier here who says they usually watch a show when it gets to season 2, I'm onto 9 shows on my list now (only like 3 are playing, the other 6 on break) thats way too much :damn:

How the hell Fishburne able to film this and Hannibal at the same time?:mindblown:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I got a Phil and Lil vibe from them, especially when they mentioned they are twins. They do have the potential to steal scenes.

Anyone who was worried about black issues being at the forefront of every episode, don't have to worry. Everything in this episode was typical family sitcom stuff. I found it to be okay, the jokes could have been sharper especially in the father/son stuff. Could have done w/out them taking off their shirts too :huhldup:

I found the mother/daughter storyline funnier and Traci Ellis Ross is so :ohlawd:. The actress who plays the older daughter is pretty, no :sitdown::whoa:. Fishburne has some funny lines too.

Yeah, you're right. Phil and Lil is fitting. I forgot that they're twins. I like that they made her smarter, as opposed to just relying on cute speaking at the same time or dressing alike moments.

The older daughter is beautiful. She and Traci do have a nice dynamic.

I hope they give this show time and let all of these dynamics gel as they grow more comfortable with their characters. Because I think some natural chemistry is already there.