ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

The Goodz

Banned
Daps
sad, thats how many of us think... I already know, I won't be watching this c00nery... that line alone let me know what time it is already...

:heh:

That title will surely make alot of blacks not even waste their time tuning in

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It just seems too forced. Every scene is going to be them beating you over the head with it, then it becomes a spoof. it's not even the first show, Diff'rent Strokes did it (especially in the early episodes), Fresh Prince did it. Maybe they should use the internal monologue more, instead of the internal monologue THEN the discussions. Then again, maybe they did because I was so disinterested that I didn't even watch the last 10mins.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't see what was so bad about this. It was over the top on purpose I thought. I know that white America(and thinking too hard Black America) won't get it, but this is no different than the typical generational struggle that you actually get to see on the typical white show. Young black kids of every recent generation sees themselves like these kids do. I remember when I thought my dad was over the top about racism and how he didn't understand my multi-racial group of friends and he seemed to struggle with us becoming too trusting of that world. My cousins and sister in their 20s now thought the same. My little nieces and nephews think the same. If this show is given a chance, I'm guessing you will get to see that. Seems as simple as that to me. But white people don't get that and will just see it as blacks complaining or too worried about race, not understanding (not caring is the real truth) that Andre is the black dad a lot of us grew up with, not Carl Winslow.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If you're turned off by the name then you weren't going to watch anyway. This is what pisses me of about us sometimes, we complain about not being represented then we find a reason to not support something that does. Laurence saying we're black not African and saying they don't even like us was a great line, because it shows that no matter how old you are you can be fooled by the media.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Ill admit i was turned off by the name, but i think its valid (this is why you hire marketing firms, no way this name should have made it past testing). Im more open to checking this out since ppl are saying its not as outlandish as the name hints at.

-DMP-

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
It just seems too forced. Every scene is going to be them beating you over the head with it, then it becomes a spoof. it's not even the first show, Diff'rent Strokes did it (especially in the early episodes), Fresh Prince did it. Maybe they should use the internal monologue more, instead of the internal monologue THEN the discussions. Then again, maybe they did because I was so disinterested that I didn't even watch the last 10mins.
i don't think it's too forced, but i do wonder how they'll keep it up if this will kinda/sorta be the theme of the show. are they gonna attack the situation from the pilot episode in every episode?? i hope not, but let's see where they take it.

who knows, it could evolve into something that can help people put things into perspective while laughing at the same time.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For a show TheColi deemed as unwatchable, based off the title, why is this thread 18 pages:patrice:

...am I missing out on some profound fukkery, brehs:lupe:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

You nailed it. It doesn't trust the audience and it's condescending. So sad. I had high hopes :mjcry: