ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ufdup:What are we having right now though breh? Internet opens conversation across all borders. I have family in NJ I discuss this shyt with on FB.

more:duck:...
Largest Multistate Food Poisoning Outbreaks 2015: #5 Chipotle E. coli

:shaq:shyt popped off last year. Chipotle is tryna bounce back right now. Hence the hidden commercial to the following of an AME church they tryna keep eating their food.
You are naive.:snoop:

And you know damn well there are black people that don't give a damn breh. If I'm naive then you're in the same boat if you believe that everyone instantly decided no chipotle no more. At least not my people who swear by that shyt.

And my b I saw February

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
And you know damn well there are black people that don't give a damn breh. If I'm naive then you're in the same boat if you believe that everyone instantly decided no chipotle no more
That has nothing to do with my point that Chipotle slipped a commercial into Blackish. That's why I said don't be naive. I'm sure they paying other shows too cause of that ecoli shyt last year. They tryna make people forget. And good for Chipotle then if black people don't give a damn.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That has nothing to do with my point that Chipotle slipped a commercial into Blackish. That's why I said don't be naive. I'm sure they paying other shows too cause of that ecoli shyt last year. They tryna make people forget. And good for Chipotle then if black people don't give a damn.

Okay breh. I disagree but okay. We can have the discussion but we'll never come to an accord because of how we see the world. Not saying you got no logic in where you're coming from that's not the logic I use

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Dudes really came in here and complained about the miniscule chipotle references after one of the deeper sitcom episodes in modern era:scust:
:usure:Not complaining breh. I was just pointing out how Bow was pandering to white America and the obvious chipotle commercial (not references) throughout.
nikkaz can't even have opinions in forums anymore.:scust:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You guys go in on CACS but support a show that degrades your culture and your People:russ:

And BtW fukk this show
:ban:

I found the Chipotle shyt a little too obvious. They been in the news for the last few months, now it's fukk getting sushi, chinese, fried chicken. I want Chipotle. FOH. How much did they pay Blackish to say that shyt to do damage control on the brand. lol

Also, I can pick almost any black sitcom from the 80's 90's that have done better episodes about racism and police brutality. This shyt felt almost like a commercial with all the convenient "facts" and "numbers" they were throwing around. Tryna make it seem like if you have a weapon on you you can expect to get shot by police. FOH. What about all the white folks that walk around with guns. Why aren't they getting shot up in America? ABC really made it seem like half of the black population is for Black Lives Matters and the other half is on Bow's side. We may not know the true numbers, but she was really speaking for white people throughout the whole episode. Dre had to give that speech, and even the whole Obama walking on the street reference was a reach from what they were actually debating. WTF does that have to do with innocent black kids getting shot and killed. They only brought that shyt up cause it's an election year and they wanna remind people that even after a Black President, nothing has changed so don't vote black again. I really felt like there was a lot of subliminal messages to white america in this episode. Black people ate it up, but white people felt a lot better about themselves after they watched it I bet.
You absolutely could find shows from the 80s/90s that did it better but becasue we're so far removed from that time it's refreshing to see a show go there in this day and age.

For blacks that pretty much is the way it seems. If we have a weapon we stand a good chance of getting popped by the cops. The man in Ohio, John Crawford was walking around with an air soft rifle in Walmart that he pulled off the shelf and got killed by cops. Tamir Rice had a toy gun and got killed by a cop. There was a 50-60 year old black man in Florida last month with a carry permit that walked into a store and was tackled by some white boys for doing not a damn thing. Yeah the shyt happens to white people too but not at the same rate. We stand a much higher chance of falling victim to a trigger happy cop.

And the Obama speech to me meant that no black man or woman is safe from the hate of racist whites, whether that black person is one of the most powerful people on earth or unknown black male in the city.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
:huhldup:Your parents told you that you shouldn't worry about Black people taking all these loses cause OJ got off. You missing my point I think. The script was written by some white people I bet. Or edited by a white guy. No black person would compare OJ to white racist cops getting away with killing innocent unarmed black youth.
Yeah..... about that

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Listen to Canadians rant about American shows and black American issues whilst telling you how black American kids feel these days, brehs.

But my cousin, doesn't seem to have those thoughts or concerns. I remember his pops getting upset that "he thinks it's all good with these white boys" and I remember asking him what if it is though? What if it's not like it was when I was in school. Isn't this what we want? I didn't want to "crush his reality" so to speak. I did take him aside and told him to always watch himself and taught him all the "the rules are different for us" talk etc.
My best friends little brother is the same way. At first I was like :dame:what is wrong with this dude don't he know how it is. But at the same time you can't fully translate your experiences to a new generation. I think things are improved but you still have to prepare them for that reality check they are eventually going to get.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Listen to Canadians rant about American shows and black American issues whilst telling you how black American kids feel these days, brehs.
Cause America is so closed off to the world and theres no internet for americans to vent their feelings about these issues. Yea, I'm totally lost when it comes to how Americans feel. Wish there was some form of technology where americans could discuss issues and get their feelings out on them. When will someone invent a facebook or forum for people all over the world to discuss issues. :camby::umad:Naive ass Americans.

Last edited:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Cause America is so closed off to the world and theres no internet for americans to vent their feelings about these issues. Yea, I'm tottally lost when it comes to how Americans feel. Wish there was some form of technology where I could discuss issues and get their feelings on them. When will someone invent a facebook or forum for people all over the world to discuss issues. :camby::umad:Naive ass Americans.
Bruh your view on the OJ thing lets me know how out of touch you are. nikkas knew he was dead wrong but still took that as a win.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Bruh your view on the OJ thing lets me know how out of touch you are. nikkas knew he was dead wrong but still took that as a win.
Actually if you read my post I never said it wasnt a win. I said that win dont make up for all these loses.

:umad:Let it go. Im done debating this.

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:lupe:First episode we didn't get the white mans perspective.

Another reason I felt Bow was speaking for the white people in this episode. :comeon:
Bringing up OJ like that's supposed to compensate for all the racist killer cops that weren't charged/convicted. :pacspit:

Even Dre's mom was like:ufdup:after she said that.
Bow wasn't speaking for white people. Believe it or not there black people that feel the same way. Feeling that way doesn't make them a c00n or a sellout. Their perspective and beliefs are based off thier own experience and the experience of those around them. At worst it would make them naive or ignorant to the facts. What Bow was talking is completely different from the shyt white people spit about "do nothing wrong and you got nothing to worry about". And if you look at her character and how she was raised its not a stretch by any means that she would have that opinion.

What you said about OJ making up for racist cops shows that you're off the mark. When OJ got off it was and really still is the biggest W blacks have gotten in this clearly biased Justice system. It wasn't to say now we're even for the shyt that whites have done, it was a chance to throw it back in their face about how "fair" Justice is and how the system "works". We had seen whites clearly guilty get off for shyt and this was basically a "payback's a bytch" moment.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bow wasn't speaking for white people. Believe it or not there black people that feel the same way. Feeling that way doesn't make them a c00n or a sellout. Their perspective and beliefs are based off thier own experience and the experience of those around them. At worst it would make them naive or ignorant to the facts. What Bow was talking is completely different from the shyt white people spit about "do nothing wrong and you got nothing to worry about". And if you look at her character and how she was raised its not a stretch by any means that she would have that opinion.

What you said about OJ making up for racist cops shows that you're off the mark. When OJ got off it was and really still is the biggest W blacks have gotten in this clearly biased Justice system. It wasn't to say now we're even for the shyt that whites have done, it was a chance to throw it back in their face about how "fair" Justice is and how the system "works". We had seen whites clearly guilty get off for shyt and this was basically a "payback's a bytch" moment.

I think as time has gone on, it's easy to forget that OJ happened only a few years after the cops got off in the Rodney King trial

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I think as time has gone on, it's easy to forget that OJ happened only a few years after the cops got off in the Rodney King trial
Well the OJ show started off with the riots so its pretty fresh again in peoples minds. Not to mention SOC bringing back the whole F the police movement. NWA even selling records again. People know whats up. The internet has given us all the info we need to research events ourselves. I think its hard to forget. They dragged OJ's drama into the 2000s with the If I Did It book and the vegas arrest. OJs win didnt last that long. We know the whole story. Thats why I say the OJ shyt and the killer racist cops today shouldnt be compared. Bringing up OJ is just white writers pandering to people that feel like you and detroitwave feel. Its easy to feel good when remembering that ONE win that day he got off. Thats why they said it. The writers are well aware the OJ show is hot right now so they slipped that line in.