ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well the OJ show started off with the riots so its pretty fresh again in peoples minds. Not to mention SOC bringing back the whole F the police movement. NWA even selling records again. People know whats up. The internet has given us all the info we need to research events ourselves. I think its hard to forget. They dragged OJ's drama into the 2000s with the If I Did It book and the vegas arrest. OJs win didnt last that long. We know the whole story. Thats why I say the OJ shyt and the killer racist cops today shouldnt be compared. Bringing up OJ is just white writers pandering to people that feel like you and detroitwave feel. Its easy to feel good when remembering that ONE win that day he got off. Thats why they said it. The writers are well aware the OJ show is hot right now so they slipped that line in.

Okay breh lol. You're my man but we're just far apart on this one and there's nothing you can do or say to convince me otherwise. Like I said before, I feel you, but I'm just not where you're at and I respect that. I agree with @detroitwalt on this one

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Okay breh lol. You're my man but we're just far apart on this one and there's nothing you can do or say to convince me otherwise. Like I said before, I feel you, but I'm just not where you're at and I respect that. I agree with @detroitwalt on this one
It's too early for this debate shyt breh. I got work to do. I can't even remember wtf I'm tryna argue right now. It's whatever. I think we all missing each others bigger points. I do agree with ya'll, I just think ABC shows like all other shows send certain messages on purpose. Not that it's all bad, but some of the stuff like the chipotle and OJ shyt I just roll my eyes to. Wasn't expecting my comment on those 2 things to go on for a 4 page debate, but hey s'all good. Respect for standing by what you believe.

BTW-Canadian's discuss a lot of the same stuff Americans discuss even if ya'll feel we have no say. We got racism and racist cops up here too.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Well the OJ show started off with the riots so its pretty fresh again in peoples minds. Not to mention SOC bringing back the whole F the police movement. NWA even selling records again. People know whats up. The internet has given us all the info we need to research events ourselves. I think its hard to forget. They dragged OJ's drama into the 2000s with the If I Did It book and the vegas arrest. OJs win didnt last that long. We know the whole story. Thats why I say the OJ shyt and the killer racist cops today shouldnt be compared. Bringing up OJ is just white writers pandering to people that feel like you and detroitwave feel. Its easy to feel good when remembering that ONE win that day he got off. Thats why they said it. The writers are well aware the OJ show is hot right now so they slipped that line in.
It's quite the opposite really. It feels bad becasue it's pretty much the ONLY major win.

I feel you on the not going back and forth thing though. It's good to have a debate that didn't devolve into calling each other c00ns and shyt like most do on here:salute:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's too early for this debate shyt breh. I got work to do. I can't even remember wtf I'm tryna argue right now. It's whatever. I think we all missing each others bigger points. I do agree with ya'll, I just think ABC shows like all other shows send certain messages on purpose. Not that it's all bad, but some of the stuff like the chipotle and OJ shyt I just roll my eyes to. Wasn't expecting my comment on those 2 things to go on for a 4 page debate, but hey s'all good. Respect for standing by what you believe.

BTW-Canadian's discuss a lot of the same stuff Americans discuss even if ya'll feel we have no say. We got racism and racist cops up here too.
It's quite the opposite really. It feels bad becasue it's pretty much the ONLY major win.

I feel you on the not going back and forth thing though. It's good to have a debate that didn't devolve into calling each other c00ns and shyt like most do on here:salute:

tumblr_n3topwxddy1qfbk70o1_500.gif

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Bow wasn't speaking for white people. Believe it or not there black people that feel the same way. Feeling that way doesn't make them a c00n or a sellout. Their perspective and beliefs are based off thier own experience and the experience of those around them. At worst it would make them naive or ignorant to the facts. What Bow was talking is completely different from the shyt white people spit about "do nothing wrong and you got nothing to worry about". And if you look at her character and how she was raised its not a stretch by any means that she would have that opinion.
Her character is white washed no matter how you try to spin it.

Bow is speaking from both the white washed perspective where people try to pretend everything is fine based on hollow victories when it isnt.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yea, it showed too cause Dre and his parent's reaction of "That was Low" when Bow brought it up was pretty much my reaction too. That's why I said I rolled my eyes. I think we can all agree though that we won't be seeing another OJ getting off any time soon. Black America needs a legit win this time around. And by that I mean new laws or new people in power that are actually going to do their jobs. Congress has been an embarrassment the last 8 years.

:salute:For the debate though. I'm tryna stop with the name calling shyt myself. We gonna have a lot more debates this year though.

Trump Vs. Bernie

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I'm sorry, I love Black-ish, and I appreciate what they tried to do with the police brutality episode, but I thought it was forced and mostly unfunny, and the Zoey's breakdown was a travesty. I'm glad the show is finally getting the recognition that it deserves, but anyone that's been keeping up with the show over the last few years should know that their writers have addressed serious topics in much funnier and smarter ways in the past.

Shadowmayne

World Warrior
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
Thinking back on the Obama monologue, I was in middle school when he won. The main thing I really remember was threats about bombing the schools where I attended, damn near no one was in school that day.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
just watched the last episode this morning. laughed throughout the entire episode. :ehh:

when grandma called the wife Rae Dawn Chong, I laughed for a good 10 seconds straight.
I have to give this show a second chance. I only ever watched the very 1st episode

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
saw the ep the day after but couldnt find the thread for some reason and forgot to search....but anyway an absolutely fantastic episode and it pretty much put it in the top 3 black sitcom echelon imo and since i barely watch white sitcoms its like top 5 all time for me already...legit teared up during the obama monologue cuz i remember my mom crying during that walk and hoping that exact same thing anthony said didnt happen. shyt rung so true cuz i remember my family being so scared and constantly saying "if they touch my president we burning this shyt down" like his whole first term lol....my dude better get a emmy nod :francis: