ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

KobeTho

Banned
Daps
This show is just another excuse for white people to mock us. Even the title is racist

Of course people here are going to go "the cast is black so we'll support!!". Thats exactly what they want you to do. Meanwhile, there are blacks playing right into their stereotypes of us on national television for all to see.

I'm appalled by this. I'm appalled by the title of this show. I'm appalled by the premise of this show (the whole show revolves around race and how blacks being successful is oh so rare) and I'm appalled by how some blacks are going to willingly support this garbage

You dont see white people making TV shows about ANY other race because they dont get any enjoyment out of mocking other races. Only us

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
A show about a Black man trying to take pride in being a black man
Teaching his family that its OK to be themselves, and that they don't have to fit into other cultural "boxes"
The show itself didn't seem all that funny, but the show seems to be about more than just another comedy
The cast is top notch, right people producing it
I'm sure it'll be a hit. Not sure if the skinny jeans nikkaz respect themselves enough to catch the point
We'll see tho :win:

:ehh:

but that title though...its horrible & sends a :scusthov: message

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
The fukk were they thinking, AAs in the burbs? :what:

Of course it's not going to work. obviously it needs to be in the projects, with one twerker daughter, and a son struggling to graduate, have him on the basketball team with an older brother who's in prison for double murder, no father in the series, and a mother working 2 jobs. This show is unrealistic, look at the replies here. Even they know. :heh:

:dead: this sounds like beginning of a brainstorm for the black 'shameless'.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'm on the fence with this....that title is really bugging me....and dude telling his wife she isn't technically black.

those two things were like really bad. But I'll give it a shot. It better be AWESOME with a title like that.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
dont watch tv outside of sports and i keep seeing this commercial in the finals.....it does look crazy

But how else you think the joo is going to represent you...i think this is par the course

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I don't think it looks bad; the trailer was mildly amusing actually.
Plus I think ABC is high on it since it was given the 9:30 on Wednesday slot behind Modern Family.

I do think the new ABC series about a Chinese immigrant family moving to Orlando in the 90s looks a little funnier.

ABC is going for the diversity crown next season with the number of new shows with minorities in lead roles.

That's the one I was waiting for from the moment I saw the trailer. I looked up the guy whose life its based on and he seems like kind of an a$$hole but the mom character is what sold me.

That casting team is odd though cause I thought she was playing his sister.

Asians were having the same conversation we're having here.

As for Black-ish, I cringed when he told her she wasn't black. I guess that's kinda true to life seeing as how black folk will claim mixed people when they need to but I've never heard anyone say it like that.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
1031.gif

I guess I am going to have to come out of my throne and save black media faster than I thought

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
I said to myself "I wonder what the Coli gotta say about this?" WTF?!?!?! is this c00n shyt? Surprised it's not on BET :dahell:
Also since Obama(don't wanna talk politics) became president, cacs been wylin the fuk out! What's next, Hispanic-ish or White-ish?

side note: regardless of the "message" like others have said the formula is dated & the title sending a subliminal message. bad enough you have some cacs trying to tell someone how to be "blacc" now this c00n show loading the revolver.

Last edited: