ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
the title sending a subliminal message. bad enough you have some cacs trying to tell someone how to be "blacc" now this c00n show loading the revolver.

if you're a successful black man either you're too hood and obviously out of place, or your kids don't know their black "heritage" so you gotta "hood-ify" them

Uncle Phil woulda had something to say about this shyt.

the adult characters seem to be mostly on-point though...and Miss Ross lookin :shaq:

Falcons258

im pawgin' you stalkin' :umad:
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Maybe I just don't watch enuff TV but it seem like we got too many shows where nikkas in the suburbs,succesful:patrice:...And believe me I hate saying that cuz it might sound bad but I don't give a shyt...Whats wrong with shows where nikkas just posted up in the hood,regular azz highschool graduates/GED recepients with regular azz jobs:pachaha:....Where nikkas facing harsh realites:banderas:....But that's not the main focus of the show and the humor not watered down so not to scare away whites who might wanna tune in:wtb:....it seem like the focus now from what I seen is either "ooooh im so hood,look how hood I am yall" comedy, or "Look were lawyers,doctors,breaking all the stereotypes you used to see on tv" comedys....but u cant win for losing,if the show was about a family in the projects alotta these nikkas that's scared white people might be watching would cry about how its c00nin to show black people working minimum wage jobs on tv and not being stressed out about it:manny:...ill probably check it out,if its funny its funny.

:whoa::scusthov::dahell::wtf::mindblown::camby::ufdup::birdman::beli::snoop::huhldup:

Glorify poverty and ignorance, brehs. This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard, you ass clown. If living in Section 8 housing, only having a GED, and working minimum wage jobs is normal in your life, then get ya trash ass out. :camby:

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa::scusthov::dahell::wtf::mindblown::camby::ufdup::birdman::beli::snoop::huhldup:

Glorify poverty and ignorance, brehs. This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard you ass clown. If living in Section 8 housing, only having a GED, and working minimum wage jobs is normal in your life, then get ya trash ass out. :camby:

That shyt is very normal,it aint a glorification its apart of life....many of the great shows I grew up watching with familys I loved showed black people that weren't in the damn suburbs....kiss my ass if you don't like the fact I don't think every black family on tv has to be on some Cosbys shyt....problem is with you #newblacks who are ashamed to see black people portrayed in the hood and non upwardly mobile characters:mjlol:....its nothing wrong with black people with regular jobs,or in poverty....the fact yall think that type of show cant tell a beautiful story of a black family because they poor is weird on yall part....yall wanna ignore a large segment of the black population because I guess "we cant have black people portrayed as down and out in front of whitey:why:".......never once did I say we shouldn't have successful black people portrayed on tv as well,im asking for a balance....a tv show like South Central based in Chicago about a family raising a young son tryna survive in the streets and losing friends,but they all surviving with love and comedy:banderas:...but nah at least we got Blackish,a show for black people white soccer moms will love too:troll:

Falcons258

im pawgin' you stalkin' :umad:
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That shyt is very normal,it aint a glorification its apart of life....many of the great shows I grew up watching with familys I loved showed black people that weren't in the damn suburbs....kiss my ass if you don't like the fact I don't think every black family on tv has to be on some Cosbys shyt....problem is with you #newblacks who are ashamed to see black people portrayed in the hood and non upwardly mobile characters:mjlol:....its nothing wrong with black people with regular jobs,or in poverty....the fact yall think that type of show cant tell a beautiful story of a black family because they poor is weird on yall part....yall wanna ignore a large segment of the black population because I guess "we cant have black people portrayed as down and out in front of whitey:why:".......never once did I say we shouldn't have successful black people portrayed on tv as well,im asking for a balance....a tv show like South Central based in Chicago about a family raising a young son tryna survive in the streets and losing friends,but they all surviving with love and comedy:banderas:...but nah at least we got Blackish,a show for black people white soccer moms will love too:troll:

This is the most smart dumb fake militant post ever. :mjlol:So any black person with a clean record, no baby daddys/ baby mama drama, education beyond high school and a decent job is automatically a c00n. :dahell: This ain't sharecropping days, breh. :beli: Don't get salty because you fail at life. :umad: Now, get ya trash ass out, and don't come back til ya get your GED. :camby:

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stick to simping piles :why:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the most smart dumb fake militant post ever. :mjlol:So any black person with a clean record, no baby daddys/ baby mama drama, education beyond high school and a decent job is automatically a c00n. :dahell: This ain't sharecropping days, breh. :beli: Don't get salty because you fail at life. :umad: Now, get ya trash ass out, and don't come back til ya get your GED. :camby:

your reading comprehension fukked up,but im the one who got a ged:mjlol:...if u don't get it you don't get it, but don't make shyt up lil nikka:,i said that nowhere in my post:camby:....highschool graduate and scholar:banderas:,no baby mama drama:ohlawd:,decent job:myman:,record clean enough:mjpls:...anybody who don't like what I said can kiss my ass,yall will be complaining two years from now because im always so ahead of my time on things like this:obama:...I will be there telling you to eat a dikk for not having my back when I first said it.

edit-I lost for arguing with a alias:dead:...when you got 200 post and that far in the red aint no other explanation but you log in just to say bullshyt:laff:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: Being seeing promos a lot for this show. Are we gonna talk about how Lawrence Fishburne is just gonna settle for playing grandpa on Black sitcom?

Midrash

All Star
Daps
Finally an introspective sitcom where black people don't have to be "hood", tap dance in black stereotypes or fight like chickenheads on Love and Hip Hop! :blessed:

I started supporting more positive black family shows like Are We There Yet, etc but the floodgates are about to open for non-hood/ghetto black shows. Middle class black people with their shyt together who aren't hyper-religious are finally taking over as the face of black people!!!:jawalrus:

I love watching the e-militants getting their panties in a twist that their sychophantic bootlicking of the black militant movement isn't working. Nevermind the fact that they find it easier to call white people CACs and spout black supremacy nonsense on a computer than actually challenging white privilege and institutional racism by competing with white people in the free market, sending more black people to college to get STEM degrees and using your rights which actually threatens the system of white supremacy. Keep "keeping it real" e-militants while the real brothers aren't scared to stare white people in the eye and view yourself as an equal capable of competing with them on an intellectual and cultural level.:mjlol:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'm not all that interested in this program...but are there really people mad that this is an upper middle-class black family instead of some "in da hood" shyt?

st0rmfr0nt shyt....:snoop:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I'm not all that interested in this program...but are there really people mad that this is an upper middle-class black family instead of some "in da hood" shyt?

st0rmfr0nt shyt....:snoop:

I don't want to say that it's some st0rmfr0nt shyt, but cats are interpreting this as some CAC assimilation bullshyt rather than a brother realizing he needs to expose his children to the culture (negative or positive) that he was raised in.