"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I thought it was a great way to end the season. It rare when I like almost every character on this show.

Mr. Johnson is hilarious but he drops a lot of jewels on the low.

I almost cried with Janine when that parent shyt on her. Reminded me of my days as a sub.

Barbara reminds me a lot of my grandmother just so dignified.

Ava's growth as a Principal is gradual yet fulfilling. She is way more hands on and she got to know her staff better and she genuinely cares for the children.

I know Gregory is hurting but it's cool to see how mature he and Janine are and I also understand Janines POV, I think she wants to try to have some time to herself and be the best person she can be and if it's meant to be, its meant to be.

Also I would like to learn to play Drought lol

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Janine actually did the healthy thing & didn't get into a relationship whole not being ready and self sabotaging, ruining the other person to a degree but......I was ready for Greg to get his dub/woman all the same :hmm:

Mf Maurice just happen to be walking by the school huh :hmm:

Either way, hopefully they step back and flesh out the other characters like they normally do cuz they been heavy on the Janine lately with not enough Barbara or Mrs. Corleone who lol @ her walking that museum chick the entire episode 😂

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I think sometimes it's best to give the people what they want instead of subverting expectations. Give us Janine and Gregory, already. We've waited two seasons.
Yeah I thought they were gonna zig the whole "will they or won't they" anticipation trope that a lot of shows do exactly the same cuz they know it drives engagement of people wanting to "ship" the two parties together but it looks like they gonna do the same thing instead of handle it in a way where the two get together and just write some mature storylines around being involved with somebody you work with, two people with trauma and insecurities and so forth.

On one hand, like I said above, I get it but on the other hand let's just get this shyt out the way so we can start pulling the thread on some other storylines lol

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think sometimes it's best to give the people what they want instead of subverting expectations. Give us Janine and Gregory, already. We've waited two seasons.

Eh... there's very few shows where the couple that everyone wants to see gets put together so early... especially the two leads. Soon as it happens, shyt goes downhill. The only way it'd work now is if they got together and broke up early into it, only to end up getting back together after some time of realizing they didn't give it enough of a chance. I can't see them getting together this quick and then... they just stay together for a number of seasons?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Damn, honestly thought Janine and Gregory would get together at the end of the season :francis:

Hopefully that writer’s strike doesn’t cause a dip in quality next season :francis:

Assuming Gregory will get into a happy relationship next season

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Janine is a clown

you can tell she wrote this shyt because in reality Gregory ain't waiting for that shyt. :sas2:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't a fan of the mother.

Based on how Janine and her sister act, I wasn't buying their mother would act like that.

Plus Taraji was overacting her ass off.

I did love Barbara being a surrogate mother tho. Actually, Barbara is exactly how I would expect Janine's real mother to be like.
Funny thing about this is I got a friend who matches this set up. Her mom is ghetto as hell and you can tell been through some thangs. Their mom is a borderline drunk and constantly berating them. The two daughters are completely white washed. One is a lawyer and one a developer. After knowing the sisters for a while I expected their moms to be way different and it fukked me all the way up seeing that she was hood as hell. I was expecting some second Aunt Viv type of mom.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Meh, it just depends on the upbringing. Me for example, my mom is from Redhook and our older brother fron her first marriage is 7 years older than me and did a fair bit of growing up in 80s/90s Brooklyn. Me and my younger brother on the other hand, grew up in the burbs and have COMPLETELY different temperaments from them. If it weren't for NY slang we picked up from them you'd never guess we lived under the same roof. We sound like nikka nerds while our brother is a walking Dipset skit.

Hell look at Pat Mahomes and his zesty younger brother, and then their country ass father :russ:
It just be like that. My brother is hood as hell, fakes like he's from NY, and hot tempered as hell. I was always a nerd in the books plus knowing I was smart him and the gang he was in made sure nobody fukked with me and kept me away from all the negative shyt. I got told by so many dudes on how they wanted to fukk me up cause of my smart mouth but everybody was scared of my brother and his crew so they let me skate. Until they actually got around me and seen I wasn't how they thought I was.