Daps
Reppin
B-More
canw-musewire-walter-cu-350x383.jpg

c9w1qbahl0661.jpg

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And it’s even worse that the one or two times she actually puts some real effort into it, she’s not bad at it :pachaha:
Love it. She's not inept, she's not dumb, she just does not give AF about that job. It's not even means to an end, it's just means.
She is a good principal who helps the teachers and students, when she cares. :russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i'm still hoping that instead of a romance between Jeanine and Gregory they end up bitter enemies. And do something unexpected for once in a sitcom.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
i'm still hoping that instead of a romance between Jeanine and Gregory they end up bitter enemies. And do something unexpected for once in a sitcom.
I hope she dates Maurice.. Hope they double date.. they flirt with more chemistry.. he becomes Asst Principle (does Ava have one btw).. then thye are forbid to date

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Technical question, Any writers watch this show?

Cause this season seems to be missing something in terms of foreshadowing.

Season one had a lot of characters being established and Quinta growing, but this season it's got Quinta regressing, other characters stagnating, and others evolving for no particular reason.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Season one had a lot of characters being established and Quinta growing, but this season it's got Quinta regressing, other characters stagnating, and others evolving for no particular reason.
this season is also a full 22 episode order so maybe they changing the formula a little for the long haul

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

So you have a problem with Ava and Melissa growing?

In face everyone but Janine is growing personally, imo, which I am fine with especially when you consider Janine is fukked up from breaking up with her only boyfriend.

IDK, I don’t see what you seeing this season.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

That usually means a character is fenna take a back seat. Quitna may be trying to become pregnant.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
So you have a problem with Ava and Melissa growing?

In face everyone but Janine is growing personally, imo, which I am fine with especially when you consider Janine is fukked up from breaking up with her only boyfriend.

IDK, I don’t see what you seeing this season.

Ava might be growing - but in terms of writing/foreshadowing etc from a technical level - there's nothing in the text of the show.

Recall that she only has the principal job because she blackmailed the superintendent. She was just a random person off the street. She was never a teacher. She has no children. Season 2, suddenly she's a seasoned educator with decades of experience in child psychology, etc.

Janine's current "messiness" is now attributed to the break up with Tariq, along with whatever childhood trauma they hint at with respect to her family.

If you read any of the other forums on Abbott Elementary - a lot of the fans (many of which are the target demo for the show) are straight up imagining back stories to explain the changes in character/characterization.

It might just be a change in direction of the show, because they're running out of "Office" like storylines. It's not nearly as bad as what they did with Mike on Suits - who went from Legal Sherlock Holmes/Perfect Recall trying to not get caught - to an office drama.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Ava might be growing - but in terms of writing/foreshadowing etc from a technical level - there's nothing in the text of the show.

Recall that she only has the principal job because she blackmailed the superintendent. She was just a random person off the street. She was never a teacher. She has no children. Season 2, suddenly she's a seasoned educator with decades of experience in child psychology, etc.

Janine's current "messiness" is now attributed to the break up with Tariq, along with whatever childhood trauma they hint at with respect to her family.

If you read any of the other forums on Abbott Elementary - a lot of the fans (many of which are the target demo for the show) are straight up imagining back stories to explain the changes in character/characterization.

It might just be a change in direction of the show, because they're running out of "Office" like storylines. It's not nearly as bad as what they did with Mike on Suits - who went from Legal Sherlock Holmes/Perfect Recall trying to not get caught - to an office drama.
I'm afraid I have to disagree about Ava. You see her doing her job this season and helping students and teachers and giving guidance, whereas in the first season, she was only out there stunting and not giving a fukk.

And yeah, Janine's entire personality, including being attached to a loser BF for all that time, is because of her family issues. There isn't a need to imagine it, the show is leaving breadcrumbs.