"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
i liked parts of the episode. i think ava was only added to the club scenes because she didn't fit with the xmas party.

it's good erica pushes janine out of her bubble, but she also pushes hoism onto her. they don't have much in common. erica views her as a project. seems like janine makes friends (like the art chick) based on who tolerates her. i think jacob is a solid friend for her, who cares if they are both corny.
i wouldnt say hoism... Erika is basically saying the same that Barbara and Melissa did. Only differnece is Erika is her true peer so she values that more.
Janine needs to make friends period.. problem is she never has as all her friends were Tyrek's friends. She doesnt know how so everyone is her friend

Superstar
Daps
i wouldnt say hoism... Erika is basically saying the same that Barbara and Melissa did. Only differnece is Erika is her true peer so she values that more.
Janine needs to make friends period.. problem is she never has as all her friends were Tyrek's friends. She doesnt know how so everyone is her friend

-janine has a scene where she states erica told her they were "going to get their ho on"
-while dressing janine she picks an item men would want to rub up on
-in line, janine asks "but how will they know that we're thirsty? should we pant" implying there was some prior conversation related to this thirst/desperation

i don't think erica would be a bad friend for like game nights or something, but taking guidance from her on love life just seems a bad idea. not only are they not similar, but erica's own love life isn't together ("i'm gonna get clingy, go through his phone and he dumps me")

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
-janine has a scene where she states erica told her they were "going to get their ho on"
-while dressing janine she picks an item men would want to rub up on
-in line, janine asks "but how will they know that we're thirsty? should we pant" implying there was some prior conversation related to this thirst/desperation

i don't think erica would be a bad friend for like game nights or something, but taking guidance from her on love life just seems a bad idea. not only are they not similar, but erica's own love life isn't together ("i'm gonna get clingy, go through his phone and he dumps me")
i get what you saying and i agree with your points...
I just view "Hoism" or "Hoing" differently that you..

edit: I'm actually projecting what I think they meaning. Taking it a face value and the words used, then yes.. you're right.
edit 2: Do i think she going out to fuk everything walking no, but the language and actions suggests something very similar

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Funny thing is the show does a great job showing a struggling public school and the goof doesn’t notice it.

It doesn't. It's a comedy that makes a mockery of Black kids suffering due to cac racism which is why cacs love it and the showrunner (who's not surprisingly a bedwench). And Black actors are eagerly participating in it.

Also a good general rule is this: if cacs like something that Black people created it's because it serves white interests.

Because does anyone actually think that a drama focused on a public school with Black children suffering because of cac racism would ever get shown on ABC?

Not in a million years. :mjpls:

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It doesn't. It's a comedy that makes a mockery of Black kids suffering due to cac racism which is why cacs love it and the showrunner (who's not surprisingly a bedwench). And Black actors are eagerly participating in it.

Also a good general rule is this: if cacs like something that Black people created it's because it serves white interests.

Because does anyone actually think that a drama focused on a public school with Black children suffering because of cac racism would ever get shown on ABC?

Sorry bredrin, you're an idiot and not anywhere near the militant you think you are. :hubie:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Man stop it. You want to see that tune in to the wire season 4