"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Shoutout Chad :mjlol: MVP of the week

Ava: "Chad did you forge your mama's signature? :usure:"

Chad: ":patrice:......no"

Ava: "It says Chad's Mom :martin:"

Chad: ":patrice:.....that's her name though :patrice:"

Ava: :camby:

Mr. Johnson: "oh! yall like dancing huh :jawalrus:? Well here's a new one going viral called Vac it Up. Everybody have a turn :jawalrus:"

Chad: :beli::unimpressed:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No, not august getting lost in the chocolate factory looking for a chocolate river:mjlol:

what did that Kenny kid say to you in the balloon, I knew he wasn’t my dawg:laff:

it sucks cause he seems like a good dude. Just goofy

the breakfast club ending :russ:

I can’t wait for season 2

Yeah, Tariq is a good dude. I'm glad they didn't use the trope of making him a total loser. Even his goofiness just balances her all-so-seriousness all of the time. The fact that they have a handshake shows how he can get her to be fun at times. And look at how great he was with the kids...and I'm also happy that they showed he was serious about his craft. Unfortunately, their lives have different trajectories at this point.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Tariq is a good dude? Tariq is a moron who takes advantage of Janine's kindness and unassuming nature for years now and she just went along with it until people gave her some perspective :dead:

They just aren't going to spend time tearing him down bc that's not who the character of Janine is and not what the show is about :deadrose:

He immediately asked if he could fukk other people. Come on y'all :snoop:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Me and my girl have started doing the Tariq & Janine handshake but I don’t swing my hips & gyrate that hard. :dame:
abbott-elementary.gif

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really enjoyed every episode of this season. Really great show with classic trajectory.

When Tariq said Jadakiss stole his laugh..:russ:

Me and my girl have started doing the Tariq & Janine handshake but I don’t swing my hips & gyrate that hard. :dame:

Sure:skip:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I really enjoyed every episode of this season. Really great show with classic trajectory.

When Tariq said Jadakiss stole his laugh..:russ:

Barbara's face :what:

Janine: Babe, babe :whoa: she doesnt know who that is :whoa:

somebody up the just like jada sitcom thread :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Tariq is a good dude? Tariq is a moron who takes advantage of Janine's kindness and unassuming nature for years now and she just went along with it until people gave her some perspective :dead:

They just aren't going to spend time tearing him down bc that's not who the character of Janine is and not what the show is about :deadrose:

He immediately asked if he could fukk other people. Come on y'all :snoop:
The happiest day of his life and biggest of his career and she wasn't even happy for him. She broke up with him a couple of hours after getting the news, completely thinking about herself first. How is that any better? The only deliberation she gave was on the balloon, and they point that out her being self-centered in every episode. It's not bad, it's just not great for them.

Tariq's serious about his craft and career, an honest man, caring, and they showed he's not a dummy, and devoted to her. He let's her take care of him because he's broke. He jumped on the opportunity to excell once it was presented to him. He was already planning how they were gonna make it work, knowing she'd be moving with no job and he'd be taking care of everything. Like I said, he's a good dude.

They were obviously in different places in their lives, and they're still young. She was trying to plant her feet and build her foundation there, and he was trying to build his career...that was unpredictable, and not as fruitful at that time. He still felt like he had something there to pursue. It was him being with her, that led to him being able to find his niche to potentially drive his success as a rapper. They served their purpose in each other's lives at that point, and life was just taking them in different directions.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
The happiest day of his life and biggest of his career and she wasn't even happy for him. She broke up with him a couple of hours after getting the news, completely thinking about herself first. How is that any better? The only deliberation she gave was on the balloon, and they point that out her being self-centered in every episode. It's not bad, it's just not great for them.

Tariq's serious about his craft and career, an honest man, caring, and they showed he's not a dummy, and devoted to her. He let's her take care of him because he's broke. He jumped on the opportunity to excell once it was presented to him. He was already planning how they were gonna make it work, knowing she'd be moving with no job and he'd be taking care of everything. Like I said, he's a good dude.

They were obviously in different places in their lives, and they're still young. She was trying to plant her feet and build her foundation there, and he was trying to build his career...that was unpredictable, and not as fruitful at that time. He still felt like he had something there to pursue. It was him being with her, that led to him being able to find his niche to potentially drive his success as a rapper. They served their purpose in each other's lives at that point, and life was just taking them in different directions.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Yo Philly nikkas ain’t shyt :picard::dead:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

you cant be serious :comeon:. he was a proud bum leeching off her who finally got a little break and expected her to continue to support him by uprooting her life without a second thought and relocating.

she said she was proud and happy for him, but the previous episodes had the rest of the staff giving her a wake up call. this had to happen. she was hesitant and broken up about breaking up with him but his immediate response was can he smash other people. lets not forget "im a feminist thats why i let you pay for everything"

try not to take this so serious friend, this isnt one of those Insecure "gender wars" that people started pushing. Tariq is purely a plot device for comedic effect and to serve as an obstacle in the road to the Janine and Greg romance storyline

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Nah this was a perfect season. The concept allows for so much humor and character growth. Every episode gives you just enough authentic introspective moments that nothing comes off too preachy or too corny. It just fits.

I think most importantly the fact that this show hasn't turned the kids into minstrel objects is super key. That step dancing episode could've gone waaaay bad. The girl acting up in class could've easily turned into a don imus moment. The parent that didn't know what time to bring their child to school....lord, I can keep going. But there's a balance because each episode is focused on character growth, not just laughs for laughs sake.

They can never do season 2 and this show would remain an all time classic.