Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I see why TDE put Soul on the back burner. Although not horrible I'm not really feeling this. Control System and Long Term is are better than this.
They should have worked out the issue on the JSMN album that sound more promising than this.

Soul needs that Black Hippy album before everyone forgets he raps.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
he wasnt off beat it was a jazz song so he had a different pattern than a regular rhyme
nah thats not a valid excuse. nikkas been rapping to jazz for years and can still ride the beat. I love Kendrick but this is so off beat i cant vibe to this song at all. shyt is terrible to me

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After listening for the last few days its a very good album and personally... i think it has a better sound and is more captivating than Control System.
The standout tracks to me are definitely Gods Reign, Tree of Life, World Runners and Feelin Us. I really like the end of Just Having Fun too. The only throwaway so far is Sapiosexual but I havent gave it a full shake yet.

If I was gonna rate the album I'm thinking its 8.5/10 and better than Control System if not on par. There are a few little things that this album does better in terms of ambience, background vocals, sequence and most importantly beats. Thats without listening to the 23 minute track. I definitely like this jawn more. The features were also very well chosen.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally gave it a spin, and it's just :yeshrug: on the first listen. It's not bad, but not exceptionally good on first listen, either.

I really liked the Kendrick interlude, though. It's nice to see a specific type of song be shared between two artists/albums. It also puts into perspective that this is meant to be Ab-Soul's Section.80 in that it's the first wide release to get the mainstream audience familiar.

fukking :dead: at busting out the Love Sosa flow at the end of Feelin Us, though.

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Didn't really feel this album. I knew it wasn't gonna reach Control system but this shyt kinda weak brehs.

Sounds like a mixtape, random shyt thrown together and Soulo didn't really standout as a rapper on this.

Some minor intellectual shyt and on the next track a bootleg DJ Mustard beat :patrice:

Kendrick's next one gonna save TDE (again)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
ROLL THAT WEED nikka!

1121612.gif

SHAKE THAT ASS HOE!

1121612.gif