Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
right back at ya for thinking that weird nikka put out anything harder than setbacks or H&C
interesting :ohhh: i got Control System being better than H&C(had too many skippables for my taste) but Oxymoron being way better than These Days(there was absolutely ZERO cohesion on this soul album)

:manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Said Top Dawg kept holdin on to it. He sent in two albums at the same time, and Top Dawg had planned to have a "TDE year" so he held on to it until after the other members put our their projects. That's why he was upset with him and was talkin about leakin his album before release.

No, I feel you, I'm not makin excuses either. Several tracks on it are :ld: and some flow hard as hell, but I'm thinking the ones that are average are the ones that are much older, such as Tree of Life. Kendrick's Interlude was just a homage to Ab-Soul's Outro though don't look too far into it.
yea all of tracks that i didn't like felt dated as hell, like they were throwaway from one of his old mixtapes or somethin :ld: felt weird hearing some dated shyt then later on hearing some "recent sounding" shyt

the last few tracks on the album should've been the overall sound for this project imo, those shyts were piff

NON HIPSTER

Banned
Daps
most of this album is yawn material
Soul sucks at making songs/ albums

the end of Have Fun was nice but too short
Kendrick renegaded entire album

Oxy is way better than this. Soul a fool for this one.
dude can rap his ass off in cyphers/ freestyles/ features but can't deliver the goods on an album foh soul

you punk bytch

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
interesting :ohhh: i got Control System being better than H&C(had too many skippables for my taste) but Oxymoron being way better than These Days(there was absolutely ZERO cohesion on this soul album)

:manny:
H&C is probably my favorite tde project it swings between that and section 80 but i fukk with Q cause im from atl and he sounds the most similar not to mention i think most new atl nikkas suck. i like control system its the project that made me change my mind on him cause his other stuff doesnt do it for me. oxy wasnt as good as H&C and i still need to listen to these days some more but right now its not great but not ass. its aight :yeshrug: but id take any out of tde over most shyt out nowadays

notorious8562

Sine Metu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea all of tracks that i didn't like felt dated as hell, like they were throwaway from one of his old mixtapes or somethin :ld: felt weird hearing some dated shyt then later on hearing some "recent sounding" shyt

the last few tracks on the album should've been the overall sound for this project imo, those shyts were piff
Agreed. The album starts and ends strong.

Droopy

say that tho
Daps
Reppin
Northside
yall tell us to go to those other sites to "hear" the album, but there's so much spam/filth/adware on them shyts....

still looking :mjpls: