A24's "The Iron Claw" (Von Erich Family biopic starring Zac Efron)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was good. I mean all the episodes in that are good. But that one was especially good.

I've only seen a handful of episodes. The one on the Bash at the Beach 2000 was pure fukkery.... nothing but lies from everyone involved. Lol.

If anyone wants to check out some World Class, you gotta at least watch Kerry's title win over Flair.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

only thing that kind of sucked was you can't really hide how short/much smaller the actors are during the wrestling sequences, which took me out of it, but a non-hardcore wrestling fan probably wouldn't even notice.

one other thing that does kind of bother me and this goes for basically every von erich's/wccw doc/thing that has had kevin's involvement over the years is that you can tell he signed off on everything and had a very heavy influence on the narrative.

still a very good movie, especially for a pro wrestling movie.

Last edited:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one other thing that does kind of bother me and this goes for basically every von erich's/wccw doc/thing that has had kevin's involvement over the years is that you can tell he signed off on everything and had a very heavy influence on the narrative.

Interesting, elaborate on this, what influence has he had on the narrative? How would it be different without him signing off

I’m gonna check if that WCCW doc wwe made years ago is on peacock. I want to watch it now. I’ve seen DSOTR and iron claw but not the wwe doc

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting, elaborate on this, what influence has he had on the narrative? How would it be different without him signing off

I’m gonna check if that WCCW doc wwe made years ago is on peacock. I want to watch it now. I’ve seen DSOTR and iron claw but not the wwe doc
i just think Kevin always paints himself in a light a little too positive for me to believe is 100% reality, i also think things were probably even worse than gets presented in that family because a lot of the details for these things come from his version of events and if he paints himself in a positive light, who is to say he isn't also doing as much as he can to cover up how really fukked up his family was.

obviously he can't hide the historical record of the drug use, fukked up father, family deaths, but i think things were probably even more fukked up in that household/family. i think he was fukking up just as bad as the brothers and enabling even more than he paints himself too. he just got lucky and survived, which i think he has definitely addressed in the past his survivors guilt, and he has talked about his drug use and things too, but i still think he's cleaning shyt up to protect what little is left of his/his family/brother's reputation.

this movie included. it was still very good though and worth watching.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

for people who never saw David Von Erich

he was definitely the best talker of the bunch:wow: