A24's "The Iron Claw" (Von Erich Family biopic starring Zac Efron)

dizzy4111

Superstar
Daps
MJF had an
1) His lone experience acting (outside of Iron Claw) is a very minor voiceover role in a direct to video Justice League animated movie that came out a couple months ago.

2) He's a 27 year old that has never had any sort of association with Hollywood. He's probably paid well by wrestling standards, but to be blunt he's likely not making enough to be able to contribute enough money on his own to a movie with a $16 million budget to get Executive Producer credit.

Given the amount of hype for this movie, the early reviews, and the low budget, Snowman could have easily floated enough money to MJF so he could get EP credit in exchange for him being paid back + reupping with AEW. In reality, if this movie is a hit and he's an EP, he's making more money than what WWE or AEW would pay him.

Also, Ducktale Dave's logic would imply Chavo would be an Executive Producer on this movie, which he isn't.
MJF had an EP credit at the end btw

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Im hearing mixed reactons despite the rave reviews.

Some people have said it was kinda mid even people I trust and others are saying its amazing.

Main issue Im reading is that while acting and cinematography are great, the script is kinda choppy. This is coming from people who are familar with the topic too and it seems the movie gloassed over some major things.

the big complaint I read was gloss over Chris and they didnt include or address the recreational drug use which would explain a lot of things

to the people who have seen it, is this accurate?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
As a non-wrestling fan who had no knowledge of this family before walking into the movie, I was blown away! This movie was amazing. I laughed, I got angry, I was on the edge of my seat, and I cried several times. Just wow. I am about to go on a serious rabbit hole for information about this family. Zac Effron should get a nomination for this. He acted his ass off. I do think the pacing was a bit off towards the middle end but the story was so compelling, I didn't care. That scene towards the end with the brothers was one of the most touching things. I just really loved this movie. 9.5/10 for me.

Honestly, there's a lot of craziness and what not that happened that they didn't even touch on. This movie could have easily been three hours but I still thought they did a good job with it.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I am about to go on a serious rabbit hole for information about this family.
The definitive recap of the Von Erich’s and WCCW is a multi-part podcast series by The Lapsed Fan from 2018 titled, The Lamentable Tragedy of World Class. Some of the humor is cringe (not racist) but no one does more research before covering a topic. It's over 22 episodes and multiple hours.

They're covering the Terry Funk story now and it's kind of interesting to hear about how influenced the Fritz was by what Dory Sr. had done with his two sons, with tragic results.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Im hearing mixed reactons despite the rave reviews.

Some people have said it was kinda mid even people I trust and others are saying its amazing.

Main issue Im reading is that while acting and cinematography are great, the script is kinda choppy. This is coming from people who are familar with the topic too and it seems the movie gloassed over some major things.

the big complaint I read was gloss over Chris and they didnt include or address the recreational drug use which would explain a lot of things

to the people who have seen it, is this accurate?
read my spoiler post. I talk about things I don't like and I'm very familiar with the story. Kerry was the last to die and I was in high school when that happend. That was a few years after he beat mr perfect for the title.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
The definitive recap of the Von Erich’s and WCCW is a multi-part podcast series by The Lapsed Fan from 2018 titled, The Lamentable Tragedy of World Class. Some of the humor is cringe (not racist) but no one does more research before covering a topic. It's over 22 episodes and multiple hours.

They're covering the Terry Funk story now and it's kind of interesting to hear about how influenced the Fritz was by what Dory Sr. had done with his two sons, with tragic results.
you should read Terry Funk's book. It's filled with a lot of information that I had no idea about. I've been a wrestling fan for over 40 years of my life. I don't look at the new stuff cuz he's fukin garbage.