A24's "The Iron Claw" (Von Erich Family biopic starring Zac Efron)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It’s weird to me, I recognize that it’s probably the best wrestling movie ever made, but I walked away hating how a lot of stuff was so far off from the actual timeline plus with Chris being omitted I kinda hated it at the same time….

One of the few times being a nerd of something took me out of enjoying a movie….only other times I get this annoyed is watching medical dramas…
Cam here to say this. I liked the movie despite its flaws. Thought they could’ve cut some of the first half of the movie and really dove deep into the mental spiral the sons were on but I still liked the movie. After going some research, learning about Chris/ Kerry’s law problems etc etc, I think the movie could’ve been even better and I’m left a little disappointed. Honestly, I find it wild to just omit a brother. I know Kevin signed off but that’s wild to me. Especially knowing he had an inferiority complex when it came to his brothers. That’s just harsh.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Cam here to say this. I liked the movie despite its flaws. Thought they could’ve cut some of the first half of the movie and really dove deep into the mental spiral the sons were on but I still liked the movie. After going some research, learning about Chris/ Kerry’s law problems etc etc, I think the movie could’ve been even better and I’m left a little disappointed. Honestly, I find it wild to just omit a brother. I know Kevin signed off but that’s wild to me. Especially knowing he had an inferiority complex when it came to his brothers. That’s just harsh.
Thats what im saying bro. Like.. the kid literally killed himself because he wasnt like the rest. Then you make a family defining movie and leave him out. Tbh they could have done the last 2 in quick succession anyway so all that movie run time stuff, i get but.. na man. I couldnt do my little brother like that. I think they put something in the intro for him tho if im not mistaken I forgot.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
just came from seeing this

if youre a mark and/or no nothing about the von erichs then you will love the fukk outta this movie

if you something about the von erichs and/or have actually seen at one of them wrestle in your lifetime then yeah you can tell they took some liberties with their story a little...but will still find it entertaining like i did

the actors all killed their roles...esp dude from lights out as fritz and zac as kevin...i feel like at times they hopped in and out of kayfabe in certain parts of the movie...particularly with fritz's scenes..i also felt like they shied away from the wild shyt the von erich brothers were known for in their primes..they didnt go all out...also kind of messed up they omitted chris von erich..yes he didnt become a star but he was still a part of everything

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta get in the right mood to see this. I'm going to wait until its on streaming or something.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
This is available for digital download/rental and on bootleg sites for you heathens

Watched it on bootleg last night. Solid wrestling flick, impressive seeing Efron and dude from the Bear doing wrestling moves. This flick could have been great but would have required a longer run time and maybe painting Fritz in an even worse light. Fritz looks bad with his obsession over a fictional belt and how hard he pushed his sons, Imagine if they included how they saved Texas tornado's foot but fritz pressuring him to wrestle on it is what ultimately led to the amputation. A big story that they cut out alot of parts possibly for budget/run time issues.