A24's "The Iron Claw" (Von Erich Family biopic starring Zac Efron)

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
This may top the wrestler for top wrestling film ever. It was that good. Total suprise. Still mad they did lil brother like that tho.
"That was one of the toughest decisions I had to make," he told Entertainment Weekly. "You could make nine hours of The Godfather on this family. I didn't have that opportunity, so I had to make choices of what could fit in a movie."

Sucks, but I get it. My gripe, not being too knowledgeable, was Kerrys height. I was thinking wasn't he pretty tall, this guys a midget. And or course that Flair promo.. But, it is what it is.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, it’s now streaming on Max….
GNOYKu7WwAEr6n3

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just watched
Solid movie but got really taken out with some of the casting
Harley Race had a different body type but the guy playing him was flabby as fukk, he was not that flabby in his prime
The guy playing Kerry was like not even close to what he was built like. They made him like half a foot shorter and he wasn't anywhere close to as built as Kerry was.
Ric Flair was so terrible idk why they even had that in the movie

I also hated that Chris was just omitted entirely. There was no reason for that. He would've made an interesting character with him having been the runt of the family who struck out entirely on the genetic lottery. I wish they let it show more how each death effected the family. Felt like they moved on so quickly from one to the next it didn't have time to properly show

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Just watched this… kinda disappointed.

Acting was on point but like many of you said, pacing was off and didn’t “hit” me emotionally. Holding back in the storytelling cause the truth was too sad? :gucci: Why even make the movie then?

That Ric Flair was :trash: should’ve had Jeremy Allen White play double duty or something. shyt they could've cast Jay Lethal with a blonde wig and I would’ve been happier than what they did :dead:

All in all, I much preferred the Dark Side of the Ring ep.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
watched this with my wife yesterday. she went in blind and while she enjoyed it she said it felt like watching a horror movie :russ:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This is available for digital download/rental and on bootleg sites for you heathens

Watched it on bootleg last night. Solid wrestling flick, impressive seeing Efron and dude from the Bear doing wrestling moves. This flick could have been great but would have required a longer run time and maybe painting Fritz in an even worse light. Fritz looks bad with his obsession over a fictional belt and how hard he pushed his sons, Imagine if they included how they saved Texas tornado's foot but fritz pressuring him to wrestle on it is what ultimately led to the amputation. A big story that they cut out alot of parts possibly for budget/run time issues.
I didn't like that they didn't put more focus on their drug use and just how out of control all the boys were. In regards to Kerry I thought they should of done like you mentioned of pointing out how Fitz was pressuring him to come back early, but also how Kerry tried to walk on his foot when they told him to stay off it and it caused irreparable damage. I believe he was high as hell when he did it.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Yeah after rewatching at home, my original complaints still stand. The pacing is fukking horrible and to portray the brothers as patron saints is a disservice. Leaving out that David himself has a kid that died of SIDS is another thing that could’ve been added….

The simple truth is that this story is way too fukking big to be condensed into a movie and should’ve been a limited series.