A24’s Multiverse “Everything Everywhere All at Once”

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Just watched it..... Movie was trash...

Can't even give it props for being a good mindfukk movie cuz it truly went nowhere imo... Don't see the Oscar worthyness in this at all.... :francis:
You go in with that hype and you get set up for disappointment. It’s overhyped now.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
All right finally saw this
I knew where this was going when they
Revealed the daughter was the villain
a very comic book-like movie it's interesting that this won so many awards.
The editing was the best part of the movie for me personally
It was good though I'd give a 8.5/10

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Finally saw it. Yeah, it's a cool movie with mostly good acting but the gimmick gets old pretty fast. I'm glad I saw because it has heart and good scenes but I'll never watch this film again.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm been watching this off and on for 2 weeks cuz it's on showtime, but :damn:

I'm not really feeling this shyt. it's too all over the place

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I’m gonna dive into my own recap a bit more and say that’s this movie is now a personal favorite of mine, and it’s rare I find those these days…

I also don’t understand how it won so many awards, because most people’s taste is not like mine (not saying mine is better, just different), so even though I love this movie, I still feel like people I would suggest it to would be like :childplease:

I’ve read some things on Reddit that were like “if you been through those things or at a certain stage in life then it hits different”, and that’s how I feel, but I also don’t want to be pretentious as to act like you don’t “get it” because your not mature or something….

It does hit for me though…my take:

Man, that feeling that the world, my state, my city is just fukked up is tough at my age. It’s weird to have all these hopes and dreams and just feel like shyt is falling apart everywhere.

We were just all kids and now we all have kids and teens and something is just off.

So when they talk about those feelings, that it’s all your fault, that if you just did a few things different you would’ve been so much better, that you’re the worse version of yourself…that means alot

And to see a visual representation of no matter what you ended up in life, even rich and famous, it wouldve been hard, because the world is hard…

And I feel like the bagel for the daughter…I really feel like that represented suicide. Because a lot of our young people really feel that way…like man wtf is all this about. It all means nothing. So we just do whatever the f we want, feel nothing, connect on the internet and see and do everything there is to see and do, and eveything is pointless. Notice the new generation kills themselves at rates never seen before…

And the fighting back with love speech. I felt that. Man I’ve seen riots in my city, black men hating black women and vice versa on social media, gangs, racism, democrats vs republicans, Russia vs US, LGBTQ vs politicians, I mean everyone hates everyone. And growing up we didn’t have the internet to rally our “people” and hate in such mass…

But that speech about man everyone is really just scared and how deep our issues really are (as a person who goes to therapy), that shyt really hit me.

I do feel this movie was a campy way to really push some deep shyt. I read somewhere that someone said the last 30 min was like therapy for them, and that’s how I felt - but I know I wouldn’t have felt that 10 years ago, or before I actually went to therapy or actually started questioning my existence, choices, society and own mortality…

Just my take…

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Super late to the party. Just watched it last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Ratatouille parody had me howling. Was it the best movie I've seen in the past 10 year? No, but it will age better than the 2021 Best Picture winner: CODA, or the 2020 Best Picture Winner: Nomadland. It was a good science fiction movie, with a lot of heart. The family dynamic was very believable and the acting was awesome. After my recent disappointment watching Hereditary, I was happy to be pleasantly surprised by a movie.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I thought this movie was cool but I didn’t love it as much most people seemed too. theres too much multiverse stuff nowadays.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Discussed this movie with my dad recently and he didn't like it. Too much gayness stuff. :dame:

He not wrong but I know what I'm not going to do, plus gayness stuff in everything now.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
This shyt :trash: and boring. Fell all the way asleep watching it at the cinema. All theatrics and little to no substance :camby:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I want to see A24 approach hard Sci fi. Granted we'd get more hyper stylized kubrickian shyt that would breed the modern day John Carpenters, Paul Verhoevens and the Ridley Scotts