"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

you know, i'm low key happy though. In a post black panther world we don't need to rely on the tired hollywood trope that light skinned biracial black people are the main representatives on screen blackness. Let this flop and black panther sell to let people know that black people come in all shades and everyone of them can be appreciated for their talent and beauty on screen, not just the Halle Berry, Zoe Zaldana looking type. This film strangely enough would've been empowering to me 6 months ago. Now it's a step backwards on how to be racially diverse in modern films. It's time we move past the era where people like Vivica Fox are the "dark skinned" people in Hollywood. That's a medium complexion where i grew up. I have a bi-racial daughter and she still Jaden smith complexion. There is no reason I should see substantially more black people that look like Lisa Bonet than Clair Huxable and somehow still get to be call racially diverse. How is it diverse when everyone in the cast has at least one white parent?

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
bSSg5Zg.png

8P0Eq1m.png
I am not even joking when I say you may need to spoiler those reviews and label it NSFW.:damn:
Ava's retweeting every positive review :sadcam::to:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Definitely sucks for Ava.

Don’t know why she chose to adapt this.

Disney is making a reboot of The Rocketeer with a black female lead and I think she should have waited for that.

More simple and straightforward plot with today’s special effects could have probably did really well.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Disney is making a reboot of The Rocketeer with a black female lead and I think she should have waited for that.

More simple and straightforward plot with today’s special effects could have probably did really well.

She said she did it to challenge herself, considering it was stated that it couldn't be made into a film successfully.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
If their intention was to market this as a black movie imo they failed. I saw the trailer in theatres and it didnt strike me as one at all.

Black Panther, taking place in Wakanda and having source material where people knew what to expect from the jump was much clearer in this. A wrinkle in time seems more like a wizard of oz from the trailer than a movie like black panther.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

They are even rebooting Greatest American Hero with an female lead.