"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I have it tied Iron Man 1, my MCU top 5 looks like this now.

Winter Soldier
Avengers
Civil War
Iron Man
Black Panther
i need to watch it again, but i don't think it's cracking my top 5. it's the second best "solo" movie in the MCU though

Ironman
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Spiderman
Ant-Man
Cap
Thor
Hulk in that order

top 5 overall is probably

Winter Soldier
Civil War
Ragnarok
Guardians
Iron-Man

Something tells me BP2 is gonna blow me the fukk away. now that we got some of the "boring" shyt out of the way, they can go nuts in that one. They need to ramp up the T'Challa action/choreography too

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i need to watch it again, but i don't think it's cracking my top 5. it's the second best "solo" movie in the MCU though

Ironman
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Spiderman
Ant-Man
Cap
Thor
Hulk in that order

top 5 overall is probably

Winter Soldier
Civil War
Ragnarok
Guardians
Iron-Man
WInter Soldier is solo movie too

I understand not including civil war as solo though. I always treat that like avengers 3

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
first solo movie. i'm not talkin sequels
I can agree with that, easily better than all the other origins outside of iron man.

on side note tho.......
Guardians was trash imo, and ragnorak was the best Thor movie but still average. and spiderman was better than dr. strange :ufdup:
I like comedy but when they force it or break character to sell a joke and ruins it upon future viewings. Spiderman was the only one who be really funny without breaking character because he supposed to be awkward and immature. a 3000 year old asgardian god doesn't make sense being childish unless its on some grumpy old man type of childish. And Guardians is straight up Bugs Bunny and Daffy Status at times with zero character explanation for doing so.

:umad:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
i think this is gonna be the "last" movie that critics will shy away from. They overrated Wonder Woman b/c female director/hero, they overrated Black Panther b/c black hero/director (slightly, relax) and i doubt they're gonna attack a huge blockbuster directed by a black woman even if it sucks... but once the smoke clears, they'll go back to "normal."

call me a racist, call me a Trump voting SJW hater, but let's be real, I didn't say anything crazy there.

feel free to give me the "this dude's racist" smileys though

I'm not going to call you all of that but I do think you have a trash working definition of overrated. I don't blame you, the internet at large uses that word in the same goofy way. They think it means "I don't like it as much as everyone else, therefore it's overrated." No, it simply means you don't like it as much as everyone else. That's okay. I don't like The Dark Knight or Fight Club as much as the general consensus. But it's not overrated.

Everyone doesn't have to be lockstep in agreement to the degree on which they like art and entertainment for there to be a consensus worth considering solid. There will be classic and all-time great films that you don't like as much as the consensus. That doesn't make them overrated.

Overrated is something else. And if you're going to assign that label to BP, you should come to the table with more than you liking it slightly less than other people. You should break down why the praise it's earned through general audience, comic heads, international, and film critics is unwarranted, or why the cultural conversation the film sparked through it's characters and themes isn't actually compelling.

But if your approach is "meh, I rate this 7/10 when everyone else thinks is 9/10, therefore its overrated" then I think that's shallow film criticism. Your individual opinion is not the marker where objectivity starts and everyone else must fall close to your opinion or else they aren't striving to be objective or honest.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I can agree with that, easily better than all the other origins outside of iron man.

on side note tho.......
Guardians was trash imo, and ragnorak was the best Thor movie but still average. and spiderman was better than dr. strange :ufdup:
I like comedy but when they force it or break character to sell a joke and ruins it upon future viewings. Spiderman was the only one who be really funny without breaking character because he supposed to be awkward and immature. a 3000 year old asgardian god doesn't make sense being childish unless its on some grumpy old man type of childish. And Guardian is straight up Bugs Bunny and Daffy Status at time with character explaination for doing so.

:umad:

I clearly go for the comedy stuff. I liked Strange more than Spidey though, thought it had some of the best scenes in the entire MCU

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i think this is gonna be the "last" movie that critics will shy away from. They overrated Wonder Woman b/c female director/hero, they overrated Black Panther b/c black hero/director (slightly, relax) and i doubt they're gonna attack a huge blockbuster directed by a black woman even if it sucks... but once the smoke clears, they'll go back to "normal."

call me a racist, call me a Trump voting SJW hater, but let's be real, I didn't say anything crazy there.

Nah

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Nah. This Neg gonna be underrated tho.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not going to call you all of that but I do think you have a trash working definition of overrated. I don't blame you, the internet at large uses that word in the same goofy way. They think it means "I don't like it as much as everyone else, therefore it's overrated." No, it simply means you don't like it as much as everyone else. That's okay. I don't like The Dark Knight or Fight Club as much as the general consensus. But it's not overrated.

Everyone doesn't have to be lockstep in agreement to the degree on which they like art and entertainment for there to be a consensus worth considering solid. There will be classic and all-time great films that you don't like as much as the consensus. That doesn't make them overrated.

Overrated is something else. And if you're going to assign that label to BP, you should come to the table with more than you liking it slightly less than other people. You should break down why the praise it's earned through general audience, comic heads, international, and film critics is unwarranted, or why the cultural conversation the film sparked through it's characters and themes isn't actually compelling.

But if your approach is "meh, I rate this 7/10 when everyone else thinks is 9/10, therefore its overrated" then I think that's shallow film criticism. Your individual opinion is not the marker where objectivity starts and everyone else must fall close to your opinion or else they aren't striving to be objective or honest.

:wow:

And yea, Black Panther ain't overrated. Doesn't mean it has to be everybody's favorite movie.