A win for flabby set: Old music represent 70% of U.S music market

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This thread reminds me of that mission in Spider-Man 2, where Rio tells Miles to check out the instruments at the music museum and Miles said that computers are his "instrument". Then Rio tells him that music started with humans and computers can't capture the soul of music.

Like someone else said in the thread, today's music is soulless because muthafukkas using computers making microwave music.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Of course. Modern music is cheaply produced and I feel like autotune was introduced so that it could condition people to accept the eventual AI production of music.

"Old music" especially 70s and 80s, are infinitely more complex and harder for AI to create versus some drums and bass booms and a hint of horns.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
That stat about the top 200 being only 5% of streams is major. It’s wild how some songs will chart high and you never come across a person playing it. The threshold for a “hit” is low AF
Super low threshold

Played a Bee Gees song on my spotify and saw that Bee Gees has 27 million monthly listeners :mindblown:

They peaked in the 70s :heh:
:dead:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
This thread reminds me of that mission in Spider-Man 2, where Rio tells Miles to check out the instruments at the music museum and Miles said that computers are his "instrument". Then Rio tells him that music started with humans and computers can't capture the soul of music.

Like someone else said in the thread, today's music is soulless because muthafukkas using computers making microwave music.
nah as a techno fan i can't rock with you on this one. humans are superior at capturing the soul of music but you can definitely make soulful music with computers