A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
there's no real main charater :shaq2: can't follow a series with no set main character :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just finished reading the series. Finally caved in after the TV Red Wedding left me so shocked I had to continue the story.

:pacspit: At yall hating on AFfC...shyt was fire, even the Greyjoy shyt. Only weak part was Brienne's quest for Sansa but even that was redeemed by the brutal violence she dished out at the end

:pacspit: At Lady Stoneheart. Appreciate the cause but no one gives a fukk about a weak ass Tully

I can't be the only one who is riding with #TeamChildrenOfTheForest......:pacspit:at all these Christopher Columbus ass usurping fakkits fighting over a land that isn't theirs to begin with.

Hope the series ends with all these fukks dead while winter comes to an end and the Children are the only survivors...coming back south after the Wall is brought down

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Just finished reading the series. Finally caved in after the TV Red Wedding left me so shocked I had to continue the story.

:pacspit: At yall hating on AFfC...shyt was fire, even the Greyjoy shyt. Only weak part was Brienne's quest for Sansa but even that was redeemed by the brutal violence she dished out at the end

:pacspit: At Lady Stoneheart. Appreciate the cause but no one gives a fukk about a weak ass Tully

I can't be the only one who is riding with #TeamChildrenOfTheForest......:pacspit:at all these Christopher Columbus ass usurping fakkits fighting over a land that isn't theirs to begin with.

Hope the series ends with all these fukks dead while winter comes to an end and the Children are the only survivors...coming back south after the Wall is brought down

Welcome breh :blessed:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
there's no real main charater :shaq2: can't follow a series with no set main character :manny:

AFFC was the 2nd best book to me after Asos of course. shyt had me on the edge of me seat every page. :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Couple things about Lyanna and Rhaegar = Jon that I want to point out since I was made aware of this theory before reading the series and kept my eye out for clues

There is one more piece of evidence pointing to this theory that I have never heard or seen anyone say, and I have read quite a bit about it the last couple of weeks. In the first book, not sure which page or chapter, Bran awakes from a dream where Ned was in the crypts and was trying to tell him "something about Jon"....then, a page or two later when he describes the dream in further detail, Ned is in the dream showing him the crypts and the book seems to frame it like it is a foreshadowing of Ned's death and Ned is showing Bran where he will be laid to rest, but in reality it seems to me like Ned is showing him Lyanna Stark's crypt which ties into him saying "something about Jon"

Seemed like such an obvious piece of evidence it surprised me that I couldn't find anyone else mention it. Of course, that theory doesn't really seem to need more evidence since it is pretty obviously true.

Speaking of Bran, I also think that he will be the one to somehow reveal to Jon the truth about his parents. Most people seem to think Howland Reed will do it, but we already saw some foreshadowing of Bron doing it in ADWD when he gazes up Ned praying to the weirwoods about Jon and praying Catelyn will forgive him.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm hoping for a few chapters through the eyes of Tormund Giantsbane in the next book...My favorite secondary character right now.

Snow gonna get that kiss of fire from Melisandre? He seems like a key cog but dude just got Julius Caesar'ed hard.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm hoping for a few chapters through the eyes of Tormund Giantsbane in the next book...My favorite secondary character right now.

Snow gonna get that kiss of fire from Melisandre? He seems like a key cog but dude just got Julius Caesar'ed hard.

yeah, idk how he could make it out alive, but at the same time, I assume he will. I just hope however it happens isn't too corny. people dying and not really being dead is wearing kinda thin at this point

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Non Book readers, do not read any further unless you want Season 4 of Game of Thrones Spoiled for you!!

I’ve been working on and off here at work doing a lot of research for season 4.

With season 4 fast approaching, I wanted to discuss some things

Firstly, some rumblings regarding Characters and changes versus the book...

1. I’m hearing they might combine Euron and Victorian Greyjoy

2. They actually might follow Rickon a little bit to Last Hearth to seek protection with House Umber, Stark allies.

3. Ygrittes storyline, I remember Jon’s actor stating that season 4 has lots of sex and shows a lot of his and Ygrittes relationship…do they not kill her as in the books?

4. The tickler is dead on the show already, so which one of Aryas names will she slice and dice

5. Lots of rumblings about no Coldhands, like 80% sure. But…they’ve fast forwarded Bran by doing so…we get the 3 eyed crow this season…aka Bloodraven Alias Brynden Rivers

6. Lady Stoneheart…She’s in

7. Season 4 will include Bravos but I’m not sure how much

8. I was going to do an episode by episode prediction but something I read fuked it up. People are confirming the Trial fight isn’t until episode 9 which pisses me off. If that’s the case then they have to end 9 with Tyrion killing Tywin and Shea cause I’d be damned if episode 10 isn’t concluded with Jon becoming head of the nights watch. I was expecting the fight more on the lines of episode 6 or 7. I still might do an episode predictor later today. Depends how busy I am with work.

The season would be piff if it starts off with Ayra warged into Nymeria and pulling Catelyn out of the river.

I wanna see 6 episodes end with…

1. Joffrey dying while hoe azz Cersei screams

2. Bran meeting Three Eyes

3. Littlefinger pushing crazy Tully out the window

4. Stannis to the rescue, ending with chants of his name

5. Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae

6. Jon being Lord Commander of the Nights Watch

Non-readers have no idea what kinda fukkery they are in for this season

The best season everrrrr…..​

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Non Book readers, do not read any further unless you want Season 4 of Game of Thrones Spoiled for you!!

I’ve been working on and off here at work doing a lot of research for season 4.

With season 4 fast approaching, I wanted to discuss some things

Firstly, some rumblings regarding Characters and changes versus the book...

1. I’m hearing they might combine Euron and Victorian Greyjoy

2. They actually might follow Rickon a little bit to Last Hearth to seek protection with House Umber, Stark allies.

3. Ygrittes storyline, I remember Jon’s actor stating that season 4 has lots of sex and shows a lot of his and Ygrittes relationship…do they not kill her as in the books?

4. The tickler is dead on the show already, so which one of Aryas names will she slice and dice

5. Lots of rumblings about no Coldhands, like 80% sure. But…they’ve fast forwarded Bran by doing so…we get the 3 eyed crow this season…aka Bloodraven Alias Brynden Rivers

6. Lady Stoneheart…She’s in

7. Season 4 will include Bravos but I’m not sure how much

8. I was going to do an episode by episode prediction but something I read fuked it up. People are confirming the Trial fight isn’t until episode 9 which pisses me off. If that’s the case then they have to end 9 with Tyrion killing Tywin and Shea cause I’d be damned if episode 10 isn’t concluded with Jon becoming head of the nights watch. I was expecting the fight more on the lines of episode 6 or 7. I still might do an episode predictor later today. Depends how busy I am with work.

The season would be piff if it starts off with Ayra warged into Nymeria and pulling Catelyn out of the river.

I wanna see 6 episodes end with…

1. Joffrey dying while hoe azz Cersei screams

2. Bran meeting Three Eyes

3. Littlefinger pushing crazy Tully out the window

4. Stannis to the rescue, ending with chants of his name

5. Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae

6. Jon being Lord Commander of the Nights Watch

Non-readers have no idea what kinda fukkery they are in for this season

The best season everrrrr…..​

Good looks on the info. I hope they don't combine Euron and Victarion. But those guys weren't in it until book 4 right? So we may get some Brienne searching for Sansa in there (more build-up to lady stoneheart's reveal).

I was thinking Shae seems a lot different in the show and that they might not kill her off like that, but it's kinda integral to the story.

Agree with things you want to see end eps, I don't want it to end an episode but Jamie's exchanges with Loras were entertaining to me and the outting of Barristan/Jorah will be interested (the battle Meereen could potentially be dope since they basically skipped it in the books).